Spore GA (Adventures won't save)

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Novum-Semita
Hatchling
Hatchling

Spore GA (Adventures won't save)

Unread post by Novum-Semita »

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I recently got back into modding Spore but I've hit a snag. I cannot save my adventures. I have the following mods installed, all of which are installed in the spore galactic adventures data folder:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ForceSave-PATCH7TEST2
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_DroneParts_2017_PublicRelease_1_2
!!!!!!!!!!!!!2017PATCHTEST2__Adventure_ExtraSize-InfiniteComplexity-100points
All Darkspore Injection components except True Invisible Limbs
!!!0!!!SporeResurrection_NextSteps
!!!ChocIce75_firebreath
aa00_0_!!!!2017_CB_Color_pack_v3-1
Delta_Paints
EnhancedColorPicker
Insane HD textures
IntegratedIntegumentv1_1

When I try to save an adventure the loading icon appears and the game hangs. It doesn't freeze as the camera can still be panned but the save will never complete. I also tried adding the lines to the end of the config manager and properties text files. I tried removing all mods and it works fine so then I added them one by one until the error occurred again. It started happening again once I installed Dark Injection. I know correlation doesn't imply causation so I'm open to any possible solutions. Thanks in advance,

Novum

Novum-Semita
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore GA (Adventures won't save)

Unread post by Novum-Semita »

UPDATE: I'm glad I said correlation doesn't imply causation because I'm a little bit closer to understanding the cause (though still don't know how to fix it). It looks like it's an ModAPI kit problem instead. If I launch spore through the ModAPI launcher adventures won't save, even if I don't have Dark Injections installed. But if I launch it through the original GA launcher (needless to say without Dark Injection installed) the adventures save fine. But of course because of this I'm missing out on DI's content which is not optimal. Can anyone please help?
MooNique
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MooNique »

Novum-Semita wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:56 am UPDATE: I'm glad I said correlation doesn't imply causation because I'm a little bit closer to understanding the cause (though still don't know how to fix it). It looks like it's an ModAPI kit problem instead. If I launch spore through the ModAPI launcher adventures won't save, even if I don't have Dark Injections installed. But if I launch it through the original GA launcher (needless to say without Dark Injection installed) the adventures save fine. But of course because of this I'm missing out on DI's content which is not optimal. Can anyone please help?
Did you ever found the solution for this? My game isn't saving the Adventures either, I don't have any mods at all and this bug happens to me, when I hit the save button the game starts loading but nothing happens, I can still move the camera too
Ivihun
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ivihun »

Novum-Semita wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:05 am Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I recently got back into modding Spore but I've hit a snag. I cannot save my adventures. I have the following mods installed, all of which are installed in the spore galactic adventures data folder:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ForceSave-PATCH7TEST2
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!_DroneParts_2017_PublicRelease_1_2
!!!!!!!!!!!!!2017PATCHTEST2__Adventure_ExtraSize-InfiniteComplexity-100points
All Darkspore Injection components except True Invisible Limbs
!!!0!!!SporeResurrection_NextSteps
!!!ChocIce75_firebreath
aa00_0_!!!!2017_CB_Color_pack_v3-1
Delta_Paints
EnhancedColorPicker
Insane HD textures
IntegratedIntegumentv1_1

When I try to save an adventure the loading icon appears and the game hangs. It doesn't freeze as the camera can still be panned but the save will never complete. I also tried adding the lines to the end of the config manager and properties text files. I tried removing all mods and it works fine so then I added them one by one until the error occurred again. It started happening again once I installed Dark Injection. I know correlation doesn't imply causation so I'm open to any possible solutions. Thanks in advance,

Novum
Hello. It does the same for me. After installing and launching the ModAPI, it asks if you want to update it. If you press no, everything will work fine, it will save the adventure. It is not the best solution because new mods require the latest ModAPI update. I am still looking for help too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”