How to create mods for new abilities using invisible balls? For a beginner

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Jim Reinor
Cell
Cell

How to create mods for new abilities using invisible balls? For a beginner

Unread post by Jim Reinor »

I really want to create a mod for abilities from Star Wars, using only invisible balls for the bite, spit,, hit, run-hit slots.

But I cannot create a mod for abilities from scratch using SporeModder Fx, but I can only reflash ready-made mods in it.

Please write a tutorial on how to create a mod for an ability with an invisible ball from scratch, so that it appears in the editor and is placed in the slot for biting, spitting, hitting, or running.
And it is desirable that several such abilities can be placed in one mod.

I would be grateful if you could write down step by step how to make new abilities in the form of balls in the slots of a bite, spitting, hitting or running (for example, as in the DI fashion), since I do not know how to create such mods from scratch in SporeModder Fx, but only replace ability in ready-made.

Jim Reinor
Cell
Cell

Re: How to create mods for new abilities using invisible balls? For a beginner

Why don't you want to help me? Is it really impossible to share an example of how to make new abilities from scratch in the form of balls in the form of a separate mod, first one, and then two at once.
Why are you keeping this as the secret to making elven armor in Skyrim?

Mods on Spore are no longer interesting for the majority. A generation of Spore players is mired in everyday worries, they are not up to sculpting masterpieces, and young people play all sorts of Fortnite and other DOTA

At least give me the opportunity to create new mods, I will somehow support mod building.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

It is not that i don't want to help, I just don't know. I didn't see this post until now...
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

the best way is to unpack an existing mod and try to revere what you see
Jim Reinor
Cell
Cell

Davo wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:56 pm the best way is to unpack an existing mod and try to revere what you see
Unfortunately for me, changing an existing mod is easy. But the whole point is that I can only replace the balls of existing abilities with others, but I cannot add my own with new parameters of abilities. The main question is how to do it?

Based on the existing mod that turns off the captain's energy, I made a cosmetic mod STAR WARS Captain weapons, which replaces the captain's abilities with autoblasters with colored laser beams, increasing their damage and making them fast reload - auto-fire.

I even uploaded this mod here, and there was a theme, but my theme was covered when the database of the Davoonline website crashed. And this is very sad.
But it can be found on the Russian-language site spore cr ucoz, using the translation - a similar theme was created there with a mod and a description.

The main question is how to create exactly new balls of abilities (for example, as in Dark Injection) without replacing the existing ones? For example, spitting - and in it to register the parameters of the effect and damage, but only so that the ball appears in a new tab? And so that you can make such 2 balls, 3 balls or more ??
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

I honestly do not know how to add anything new in 2022. it has been a long time for me and to go back and relearn, i just don't have time to do so anymore. I have kids now.
Jim Reinor
Cell
Cell

It's a pity. R.I.P., modding Spore. It's a shame that no one can make a mini-sketch to show the addition of a new ability to the game in the form of an invisible ball.
The only important thing is how to add a ball with the ability separately, but with numerical parameters (damage, range, type of effect, energy consumption, recharge - and so it is clear). And so that you can make both 2 and 3 balls with the ability and more. Without replacing abilities from Dark Injection or Captain's Fragments.

I created the STAR WARS Captain Weapons Mod by JimReinor, you can see it here - similar to the theme from Davoonline, which was erased with damage to the site's database, like other themes of that time.
https://spore-cr.ucoz.com/forum/40-3141-1

I'm 22, I have not and did not have a couple, and I have no children) And the time wagon)

And I would be happy to tackle mods for one of my still favorite games.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

modding scene is doing fine, I am not the modding scene by any means.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”