all mods fail to work

Welcome to DavoOnline.com!
Let us know what you are about or check out some of our partners!
rw1954
Hatchling
Hatchling

all mods fail to work

Unread post by rw1954 »

I have the GOG Spore collection, and I'm wondering of there's something wrong with this version of the game.

First I couldn't get any downloadable content, because the login to the servers always fails, and every attempt to correct this problem has been unsuccessful. I spent hours trying to get the extra content needed to play certain Galactic Adventures, and the only solution I found was editing the adventures to replace all the content I can't download. It's not the same, of course, and sometimes it doesn't work, but that's the best I can do.

Now I can't get any of the mods to work. I place a .package file in either the DATA folder, the DATA EP1 folder or both, and nothing changes. I've tried over a dozen mods, and none of them work, although one did cause my game to crash. Again I spent hours trying to find out what's wrong, but I still can't install a single mod.

This is so frustrating. I want the extra content, and I want to use mods, but my game seems to defy every attempt to improve it. Is it the game version? Am I missing something? Why doesn't anything beyond the basic game itself work? Please advise.

rw1954
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: all mods fail to work

Unread post by rw1954 »

Okay, thanks for all the help.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DavoOnline.com & Company”