"Please close Spore"

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
NUCLEARCAKEEE
Cell
Cell

"Please close Spore"

Unread post by NUCLEARCAKEEE »

I can only run the Modding API once before it says this, no matter whenever I open it. The only thing that fixes it is restarting the computer.
My computer has done this with other programs but only after opening them at least ten times a session (I dabble with modding in a lot of games). As you can see it runs Windows 10. Why does it do this??? How can I make it stop? WHY????
And no, the process isn't running. This doesn't happen with Core Spore/GA either.

30 minute ETA: Downloaded Process Hacker and found out that the task technically exists, but I can't kill it because it's an "exiting process" and apparently those are utterly immortal and cannot be halted through any means whatsoever. ARGH.

SOME HOURS LATER: Killing it with Process Hacker instead of closing it normally works...I think. Guess that's how I'm closing Spore for the forseeable future. Better than restarting for sure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”