Upon installation, nothing happens

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rolpo2
Cell
Cell

Upon installation, nothing happens

Unread post by rolpo2 »

I use sporemodapi whatty whatever to install the mod to my origin version of spore, however nothing happens. I have GA and all of the silly little patches, but cant figure out why? any ideas?

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Upon installation, nothing happens

Unread post by rob55rod »

rolpo2 wrote:I use sporemodapi whatty whatever to install the mod to my origin version of spore, however nothing happens. I have GA and all of the silly little patches, but cant figure out why? any ideas?
Did you previously install Spore from somewhere other than Origin?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rolpo2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by rolpo2 »

rob55rod wrote:
rolpo2 wrote:I use sporemodapi whatty whatever to install the mod to my origin version of spore, however nothing happens. I have GA and all of the silly little patches, but cant figure out why? any ideas?
Yes, I used steam and then used the CD codes to install spore and spore ga to my origin account, but whenever I put mods onto the origin version nothing happens.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

rolpo2 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Yes, I used steam and then used the CD codes to install spore and spore ga to my origin account, but whenever I put mods onto the origin version nothing happens.
Did you make sure to uninstall the Steam version of Spore before you installed the Origin version?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rolpo2
Cell
Cell

Unread post by rolpo2 »

rob55rod wrote:
rolpo2 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Did you previously install Spore from somewhere other than Origin?
Did you make sure to uninstall the Steam version of Spore before you installed the Origin version?
No, that must have been the problem.
ObraFinn
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ObraFinn »

I had the same issue, yet I have made sure to uninstall every part of spore from steam. I wiped spore out completely in fact, then reinstalled spore through origin. Core and GA. I have also wiped the mod API and Dark Injections itself, then downloaded them again. When I use the API launcher, it starts going. It pulls up a black screen and changes my resolution. Then about 2 seconds later it quits and spits me back at the desktop. Same when I try to run it through GA. When I try using the Core Spore shortcut, literally nothing happens. All that appears is the little hourglass on my cursor. I followed the tutorial perfectly. Or I guess I didn't. I don't know what to do next.
ObraFinn
Hatchling
Hatchling

ObraFinn wrote:I had the same issue, yet I have made sure to uninstall every part of spore from steam. I wiped spore out completely in fact, then reinstalled spore through origin. Core and GA. I have also wiped the mod API and Dark Injections itself, then downloaded them again. When I use the API launcher, it starts going. It pulls up a black screen and changes my resolution. Then about 2 seconds later it quits and spits me back at the desktop. Same when I try to run it through GA. When I try using the Core Spore shortcut, literally nothing happens. All that appears is the little hourglass on my cursor. I followed the tutorial perfectly. Or I guess I didn't. I don't know what to do next.
Here is a video of me trying the following: Running the Launcher as Admin, Starting GA, and Running the Launcher normally. It's the same for each. This was also right after I did a full wipe of origin, the API, and the mod. Not even an error message, except for that recommendation against running as admin because of png's or something.
https://imgur.com/a/Tz8FyuU
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ObraFinn wrote:I had the same issue, yet I have made sure to uninstall every part of spore from steam. I wiped spore out completely in fact, then reinstalled spore through origin. Core and GA. I have also wiped the mod API and Dark Injections itself, then downloaded them again. When I use the API launcher, it starts going. It pulls up a black screen and changes my resolution. Then about 2 seconds later it quits and spits me back at the desktop. Same when I try to run it through GA. When I try using the Core Spore shortcut, literally nothing happens. All that appears is the little hourglass on my cursor. I followed the tutorial perfectly. Or I guess I didn't. I don't know what to do next.
Try running the Spore ModAPI Launcher with these command line options:

Code: Select all

-w -r:1024x768

ObraFinn
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:
Try running the Spore ModAPI Launcher with these command line options:

Code: Select all

-w -r:1024x768
It opened a window, this time the proper resolution. Still, only ran for a second. Black screen then nothing. Thank you for fixing that issue though.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

ObraFinn wrote:It opened a window, this time the proper resolution. Still, only ran for a second. Black screen then nothing. Thank you for fixing that issue though.
Hmmmmm...here's an idea.
1. Uninstall Dark Injection
2. Backup your creations and save data
3. Perform a Galaxy reset
4. Run Spore once, then once it reaches the Galaxy menu, close it
5. Reinstall Dark Injection and see what happens

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”