Godspore Beta Release

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Godspore Beta Release

Unread post by Eternity's Edge »

I'm almost ready to release a beta version of a mod which I've been working on for quite some time now... Information for it can be found on my profile page on Spore Fandom: https://spore.fandom.com/wiki/User:Xel-Hassodin (Keep in mind, though, that some information may not be entirely up to date.)

It contains various pieces of other mods but the majority of the changes are my own, and include changes to the way the game works, its archetypes, (their voices, backgrounds, relationship bonuses, etc.,) its card bonuses, its in-game text (particularly in the space stage) its tools, its trading, its icons, its rares (two new groups of rares added for my renamed wanderer and knight archetypes!) etc.

Additionally, gaining levels as a captain is way more manageable now, with each level being +105 xp from the previous level, to a maximum of level 40 now instead of level 10, meaning it is now possible to unlock every captain part and every superpower with them. (You're welcome.)

Names for the captain ranks are still in development, but levels 1-10 and levels 33-40 I have found code paths for, so those are defined. Unfortunately, more work is needed to define paths for levels 11-32 thus far, and a *** is displayed for the captain title for those ranks. EDIT: I am so foolish for not understanding sooner. It's a hexadecimal system. Duh. The pointings are all fixed now. Happy adventuring.

Captain part secondary title pointings are working admirably, meaning that if you equip the fourth Architect (knight) tool on your captain, for instance, he will be given the title "The Assimilated."

As far as I have observed on my own computer, the current build is crash-free and the data pointings I've created are working just fine... I just want to complete some things before I release it here, such as ensuring that my knight and wanderer tools (yep, I added captain parts for them to unlock in GA) unlock their superpowers correctly. (And yes, the wanderer gets a superpower too.) EDIT: They unlock the tools correctly now! Woohoo!

Oh, and another thing: The Grox behave much more like just another empire now. They still have the "no trading" glitch, but if they are the first alien empire you come across they will trade with you for the rest of the game with no issues, and trading with them will yield the usual bonuses of "Your trading" etc. They still begin with a -70 relationship bonus due to their wary nature, but with that said, they will no longer be happy when you break galactic code. They will also pay double for the "knight" artifacts which I added to the game as if they were a "knight" empire, which is what I am going for.

I'll attach some screenshots below when I get the chance to take them later today, but I've uploaded a fair amount of images to my wiki page.

I hope you guys like it when it comes out on here, and I welcome critiques and bug-reports.
Attachments
Screenshot 11.png
Screenshot 10.png
Screenshot 9.png
Screenshot 8.png
Screenshot 7.png
Screenshot 6.png
Screenshot 5.png
Screenshot 4.png
Screenshot 3.png
Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 1.png
I don't always.jpg
Last edited by Eternity's Edge on Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.

mayonnaise
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Godspore Beta Release

Unread post by mayonnaise »

i for one look forward to this immensely! glad to have more content-heavy mods being worked on here. when's the beta coming out?
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

That... I don't know. :/

I want it to be mostly finished when I put out a beta on here for critique... And I'm still in the testing phase to make sure that everything works and there's no glitches that are immediately apparent. That latter point I believe is met, but who knows for sure, eh?
mayonnaise
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by mayonnaise »

Alliram wrote:That... I don't know. :/

I want it to be mostly finished when I put out a beta on here for critique... And I'm still in the testing phase to make sure that everything works and there's no glitches that are immediately apparent. That latter point I believe is met, but who knows for sure, eh?
id love to help if i could be of any use! do you have a Discord i can contact you at? 0:
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

I do have a Discord, but I'm very rarely on it. (https://discordapp.com/channels/@Pinnac ... Scion#4786)

My current task is aligning my morph handle additions to the Shaman parts to be tied into the new levels for their abilities. I want to make this like an expansion, if possible.
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Added some new screenshots for recent edits.

Added a new detail parts sub-page for bivalve shells.

Grox trade issue solved! The Grox Empire will now trade with you like a normal space empire even if you find them long after trading with other empires!
DoctorPopcorn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DoctorPopcorn »

Quite excited for this mod. Any new progress?
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Honestly no, not since my last post. But I haven't lost interest in modding, it's just that my classes, particularly Topics in Advanced Chinese and Capstone in International Studies, are becoming quite demanding.

Worry not! I shall continue to work on it.
DoctorPopcorn
Cell
Cell

Oh that's very understandable. Good luck with your classes.
DoctorPopcorn
Cell
Cell

About the Grox, since you decided to make them more similar to other empires, does that mean there are no Grox raids if you're on yellow relations or higher?
oliverrook
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by oliverrook »

Have to say, I am super excited about the level 40 captains.
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

DoctorPopcorn wrote:About the Grox, since you decided to make them more similar to other empires, does that mean there are no Grox raids if you're on yellow relations or higher?
I didn't touch the Raid stuff... At least I don't think so... I messed around with the animations - properties file though, so it is a possibility. I'll have to look at that and double-check.
oliverrook wrote:Have to say, I am super excited about the level 40 captains.
Glad to hear it! It always bugged me that you couldn't unlock every part for your captain in the base game, and yet, the game made you work ridiculously hard to max your captain. The edit was designed to make leveling your captain not only easier, but more rewarding.
DoctorPopcorn
Cell
Cell

Your goal was to make the Grox a bit more similar to normal empires, yeah? Normal empires don't raid you if you're not at war.
DoctorPopcorn
Cell
Cell

(Woops, double post.)
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

DoctorPopcorn wrote:Your goal was to make the Grox a bit more similar to normal empires, yeah? Normal empires don't raid you if you're not at war.
Well, yes and no. I wanted the Grox to be more normal, but not completely normal. That said, I would love to edit certain aspects of them, but I have not yet figured out how to edit certain things. (Such as one's inability to give them peace offerings if you are at war with them; I would love to get rid of that.)
Last edited by Eternity's Edge on Fri May 08, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoctorPopcorn
Cell
Cell

Hm, fair point. Perhaps the scripted raids only stop at the blue face then? Even so, it's your mod.
WoundedSpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by WoundedSpore »

I really hope this gets released soon! Gotta say, I'm mega pumped for it.
:roll: Oh, you.
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

WoundedSpore wrote:I really hope this gets released soon! Gotta say, I'm mega pumped for it.
Classes are still taking a lot of my attention but I am very happy to see that people are interested :D

I hope that I can release it soon for you guys! Also, if you guys want, I can just release the alpha as it stands right now, but I've been experimenting with Adventure scripts so I can't currently guarantee that it will be stable. Still, if you guys want me to do an early release, I can do so. I just want to put good stuff out, so I am hesitant to release it before it meets my standards.
Langooseondaloose!
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Langooseondaloose! »

Seems pretty cool!
Eternity's Edge
Creature
Creature

Dankon!