Zerbie's Ability Modification (Re-Released)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Zerbie's Ability Modification (Re-Released)

Unread post by UglyDollFan »

Originally a modification that only added jump to most foot parts, I suddenly had the idea to add more than just that!

WARNING : This mod does major changes to existing vanilla parts and abilities, there may be some unforeseen consequences when using this mod. I highly recommend only using it for the creature stage. Adventures may be broken due to the changes in abilities/stats

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Download vvv
Read the spoiler below to understand what this mod changes.

!!!Zerbie_ModifiedAbilities_FINAL.package
(294.54 KiB) Downloaded 1681 times
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inside this spoiler lists what this mod changes/adds!
Spoiler
Mouth
- (Creepy&Cute Exclusive) For the cute herbivore parts, charm is added!

Senses
- Everything has sight!
- For most of the antennae, charm is added
- For some ears, charm is added
- For some of the "cute/goofy" and feminine eyes, charm is added

GRASPERS
- For the level 3/4 amphibian parts, strike is added!
- For the arthropod parts, strike is added!
- For the "cute" alien parts, strike is added!
- For the level 2-4 dinosaur parts, pose is added!
- Added a $25 hand tax. Should make it longer to obtain hands now!

FEET
- For the reptile parts, Jump is added!
- For the bear parts, Jump is added!
- For the bird/raptor parts, Sprint is added!
- For the primate parts, Jump and Sprint (Level 2-3) are added!
- For the level 1-3 hooves, Jump is added!
- For the arthropod parts, Sprint is added!
- For the "cute" alien parts, Sprint and Jump (Both for level 1-3) are added!
- For the other "cute" feet, Sprint and Jump are added!
- For the "creepy" feet, Sprint and Jump are added!

Combat
- Buffed the damage of bite. The higher the level, the longer it takes to use the attack again!
- Buffed the damage of charge. Out of all the attacks, this one has the longest recharge time! Also, the higher the level, the farther away the attack can start!
- Strike is slightly nerfed for a few levels, but it is the fastest melee attack!
- Buffed the damage of spit attacks (but not poison). Unlike the rest, its recharge time is always the same regardless of level.
- Increased the recharge time of Summon Swarm and Freeze. While you may no longer spam these attacks as often anymore, it will at least give you some time to breathe when used against you!

OTHER CHANGES
- The prices of parts are determined by the amount of abilities they have, refer to the guidelines below!
- Initial budget in creature creator has been doubled (Used to be $2,000 ... Now is $4,000)
- Because almost everything has jump on it, the Level 1-3 wings lose their jump ability
- The stamina bar displayed when sprinting refills faster now!
If you wonder how and why I determine the price of things, this spoiler will explain it all!
Spoiler
General
- The location of the parts determines their STARTING prices. The first parts will always start with $25, while the last parts will always start with $250
- Abilities such as sight, grab, and speed does not change the price of parts. They're pretty basic abilities, so there's no need to increase prices
- Parts can only have one ability to retain their STARTING prices. There are some exceptions to this rule, though...
- Any part with strike in them will have a $25 increase in their prices. Each level of strike starting on level 2 increases the price by $10

Mouth
- Bite, Sing, and mating call are required for all mouths, price is unaffected.
- Otherwise, any other ability will increase the price. Each new ability will increase the price by $25
- The level of abilities doesn't determine price.

Graspers
- It doesn't make sense to immediately grow arms at the beginning of the creature stage, so it's decided that all Graspers should be given a $25 tax!
- Social abilities do not seem to influence price

Feet
- Neither Speed n'or jump affect price.
- The part can only have 1 social/combat ability to retain their STARTING Prices
- Otherwise, any other ability will increase the price. Each new ability will increase it by $25

Weapons / Details
- The part can only have 1 combat ability to retain their starting prices.
- Otherwise, any other ability will increase the price. Each new ability will increase it by $25
While Some changes from this mod will apply to all creatures, anything that adds abilities to parts won't apply to creations that were made before installing this mod. Only things made/downloaded when this mod is installed will have the abilities. If a creation was made when the mod was installed, when the mod gets uninstalled, the creation will still retain the modified abilities!

If you want all non-maxis creations to have these modified abilities, simply delete the pollination folder in [C:\Users\(Name)\AppData\Roaming\Spore] and wait for everything to reinstall. That way, everything has the modified abilities!

OLD DESCRIPTION
Spoiler
ORIGINAL TITLE : ADDED JUMP TO MOST FOOT PARTS

Now, I would like to say what this mod does... But the title answers itself!
Basically, most of the foot parts now have varying levels of jump in them. I've always been bothered by the fact that very few types of feet have the jump ability, which is one of the most vital abilities in the entire game! Because of that, I gave the parts some level of jump...

Only the default foot part, the 2nd Rhino foot, and the Creepy and Cute Alien foot don't have jump in them. Ironically, the sucker feet do have jump on them.

Creations that were made before installing this mod will not have the added jump ability, only things created/downloaded after installing this mod will have the added ability.
It's best if you delete the pollination package, that way, when the creations are redownloaded, they will have the added ability!

NOTE : The location of the package is in [ C:\Users\(whatever'syourusername)\AppData\Roaming\Spore ]
This package determines what creatures/races/vehicles/buildings will appear in your game. Deleting this package will cause the game to redownload every creation. This may cause some existing creations in saved games to be replaced by another creation. This won't harm the game, but it may harm your attachment to fictional characters...

Don't worry, anything you make using this mod can still be shareable, it's just that it would only have the original abilities when viewed by other players...
Last edited by UglyDollFan on Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 11 times in total.

UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Re: Added Jump To Most Foot Parts

I'm planning on modifying more parts than just feet. I may consider utilizing UPE to make things easier...

...Hopefully UPE can allow me to apply the modified abilities to EVERY CREATION in the game!

EDIT : NEVERMIND, I'm still of a beginner when it comes to modding...
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Re: Zerbie's Ability Modification

I have some plans for Version 2 :

- Add Sight to Hearing/Smelling based sense parts

- Add abilities to some sense parts

- Add more abilities to some mouth parts

- Add social abilities to graspers

- Increase prices of parts to balance things out, encouraging players to make more tough choices

- Increase the starting amount of DNA points in creature creator to confiscate for the raised prices of parts

If anyone wonders how I determine the prices of things, I'll place some guidelines on the Original Post

I highly recommend downloading something like this viewtopic.php?f=125&t=6706 for this sort of mod, just to make getting parts a bit easier!
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Re: Zerbie's Ability Modification (VERSION 2)

As of yet, I don't have any other plans in regards to this mod. This took a few hours on what is basically copying and pasting code onto things. I may consider making an "Expansion Pack" for this mod some time later... But now, I need to rest!

EDIT : Nah, there are other mods that already add parts that I intended to add (Grox and Cell parts)... Refer to something like Dark Injections for that sort of stuff...

...Speaking of which, I may make something for that mod... It's minor though!
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

I have some plans for Version 3 :

- Change the charge attacks again, because it seems a bit overpowered to be able to stun creatures at point blank range
- Nerf certain captain parts, maybe just increase the "refresh" time??
- Modify More of the parts in game...

I was considering on creating brand new abilities, but such a thing is too complex for me to do! The game is very limited on what you can actually do, and there's no tutorial that I can find on how to make brand new abilities...
UglyDollFan
Creature
Creature

Jeez, it's been a long while... Yeah, I haven't worked on this mod because I lost motivation to work on it (and also because modding in a virtual machine was slow). Thankfully, I got a new PC, so I can get right back to work!

Currently, I'm completely reworking the combat for the base game (bite, charge, strike, spit). I may also change some things from Galactic adventures.
I may also consider reworking the pricing of parts as well, just to confiscate for the change in combat!
Lastly, I'm considering on making a demonstration video for the mod, just to help visualize changes.
AlbertHall1990
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by AlbertHall1990 »

hey
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

hey
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”