Just a simple unlimited parts mod, with unlimited sizes (Seems unecesarry but I tried everything, nothing worked)

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

Just a simple unlimited parts mod, with unlimited sizes (Seems unecesarry but I tried everything, nothing worked)

Unread post by Hexdragon »

Please fort he love of god just make a mod that does two simple things, unlimited part editing and unlimited part sizes.

I am here after like 5 hours of trying to make unlimited complexity work, a few years ago I used to use sporehacks and it worked. Now it doesn't work it throws some "missing offset" error.
I tried doing this method: http://www.sporebase.com/forum/index.php?topic=43.0
I tracked down T-search, it didn't work.

Then I tried installing this mod:
viewtopic.php?t=4693

It doesn't seem to work. (I have both steam and origin version of the game neither worked)
I tried installing it with the modding API, but the thing is It doesn't seem that you can set launch options with the API.

I tried to make a mod with sporebase 2.0 to just overwrite the complexity but the good modding tutorial which I followed some years back was taken down for some reason (I think it was made by forgotten spore and uploaded on youtube).

Then I downloaded dark injection disabled everything except the complexity unlimiter and installed it. but it just makes the game crash whenever I try to open the creature editor.

So please for the love of god, someone who isn't as a modder noob as me could make a single simple mod that works on Spore in 2020 which you just plop in the mod installer without downloading 1.1 GB one might not use, and has a higher risk to crash, then you can finally make any creature you like.
Pretty please, so others won't have to spend hours searching old spore forums on the wayback machine and elsewhere, without getting a single solution that works.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Just a simple unlimited parts mod, with unlimited sizes (Seems unecesarry but I tried everything, nothing worked)

Unread post by rob55rod »

Hexdragon wrote:Then I tried installing this mod:
viewtopic.php?t=4693

It doesn't seem to work.
It's an old mod, never updated for the March 2017 patch (which is likely also responsible for the problem you were having with SporeHack).
Hexdragon wrote:(I have both steam and origin version of the game neither worked)
Don't do that.
Hexdragon wrote:I tried installing it with the modding API, but the thing is It doesn't seem that you can set launch options with the API.
As I explained in the Spore ModAPI thread, you absolutely can pass command line options to Spore through the Spore ModAPI Launcher.
Hexdragon wrote:Then I downloaded dark injection disabled everything except the complexity unlimiter and installed it. but it just makes the game crash whenever I try to open the creature editor.
Remember when I told you to not have multiple versions of Spore (Steam and Origin, in this case) installed simultaneously? Yeah, that's one of many reasons why. Dark Injection isn't at fault here.
Hexdragon wrote:So please for the love of god, someone who isn't as a modder noob as me could make a single simple mod that works on Spore in 2020 which you just plop in the mod installer without downloading 1.1 GB one might not use, and has a higher risk to crash, then you can finally make any creature you like.
Pretty please, so others won't have to spend hours searching old spore forums on the wayback machine and elsewhere, without getting a single solution that works.
I'll gladly help you resolve the obstacles standing between yourself and the existing solutions, but there's no need to reinvent the wheel here.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Hexdragon
Cell
Cell

Re: Just a simple unlimited parts mod, with unlimited sizes (Seems unecesarry but I tried everything, nothing worked)

Unread post by Hexdragon »

rob55rod wrote:
It's an old mod, never updated for the March 2017 patch (which is likely also responsible for the problem you were having with SporeHack).

I'll gladly help you resolve the obstacles standing between yourself and the existing solutions, but there's no need to reinvent the wheel here.
Thanks for the help!
Now I'll just need to figure out how to uninstall the steam Spore without it breaking the Origin version.

What did that 2017 update do? Why EA has to screw everything over even with a game that had its launch so long ago?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Hexdragon wrote:Thanks for the help!
Now I'll just need to figure out how to uninstall the steam Spore without it breaking the Origin version.
No problem, addressed that on that misdiagnosed DI bug report thread you created.
Hexdragon wrote:What did that 2017 update do? Why EA has to screw everything over even with a game that had its launch so long ago?
It saved the game's online features from dying from certificate expiration, that's what it did. They're not trying to "screw everything over" - I spoke to them at the time, the collateral damage was entirely unintended. They even tried (albeit fruitlessly) to help us figure out what the problem was.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Video_Knight
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Video_Knight »

i have spore GA, i tried downloading these mods but they didnt work
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”