[Version 1.1] Creature Outfitter - Outfit your creatures in the Creature Editor WITHOUT force save!

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

[Version 1.1] Creature Outfitter - Outfit your creatures in the Creature Editor WITHOUT force save!

Unread post by Liskomato »

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... lBmuwOalt2

This mod is in practice fairly simple. In a similar vein to my Cell parts in Creature Editor mod about a year ago, it adds the vanilla outfitter and captain parts into the base creature editor and categorizes them into a single category, with the captain parts classified as "GA" in the editor itself. As a side bonus I've made every outfit part there is in the game savable (but not sharable online) to the Sporepedia, without the need for a force save mod.

This mod has two primary purposes, both with primarily adventure creators in mind. The first is making outfits more readily available to the creature editor, giving creators the ability to tweak their creatures' outfits more readily while also posing them. The second and just as important is giving people the ability to more safely use the captain in creature editor glitch without the other hazards of force save mods, as the only reason really to use them until now for adventure creators was tweaking outfitted creatures to have different poses.

PATCH NOTES:
- Added the editor key for Captain Cornhall colonist hat part.

Initial release.
- Adds a new category in the Creature Editor for outfit and captain parts included in the outfitters. They are savable without force save mod in all editors and outfitters. Be mindful of the old sharing limits, though.

FAQ
Wait, how?! But I thought force save was NEEDED for using modded/"illegal" parts!
Well, it was, until in 2014 or so when Emd (the developer of ModAPI as we know him today) discovered that you could "register" the custom parts you've made for your mods within the EditorKeys series of folders, eliminating the primary purpose of force save for many creators. If it only was just implemented in the mods of that time...
More details can be found from this link, leading to the original, related DavoOnline post: viewtopic.php?t=5274

When I saved my imported captain in the creature editor using this mod, it got the red complexity mark!
Sadly, this is one of the flaws of getting rid of force save/re-enabling the content validation measures. To resolve this issue, either remove parts until the complexity meter is no longer full, or reinstall the force save mod using Spore ModAPI Easy Installer. (Link: http://davoonline.com/sporemodder/rob55 ... PI/Public/)

Are you sure you got EVERY outfit and captain part? And what about the outfitters?
I'm pretty sure I thought this far ahead when adding the relevant content validation keys to the outfitters as well. If there are some outfit parts I missed that you can't save, please inform me here or on Discord, and I'll try to fix it as soon as I can.

Why does my creature not show up in the Sporepedia?
Alas, the old limits will still apply when sharing creations to the online Sporepedia at spore.com. If the website doesn't recognize the parts your creation has (and the "DLC" as something you legally "own"), it will delete the creature from the site and not upload it properly. It is the same deal as with modded creations in general (and C&C and Bot Parts if they aren't registered to your account), where you'll have to upload them within an adventure or make a "legal" creation that was born out of that particular creation after it was uploaded.
To download the creatures made with this mod, you will need either this mod, Force Save or Dark Injection, all of which add the capability to add and save outfits within the creature editor.

But doesn't Dark Injection already do this sort of thing with its features?
Well, yes, you are right. While Dark Injection does add the outfits within the creature editor as well, it does so in a way where the vanilla parts are mixed up with modded parts, which I personally don't like. Again, this is more intended for adventure creators who want their games 100% free of modded creations, even those made with Dark Injection. Also, this way it is easier to know which parts are vanilla and which are not, which is a problem within Dark Injection that I wish to be resolved.

Why can't I tweak the captain weapons' strength? Where are the nudge handles?
This is another flaw of this mod, but I think it more reflects how the captain in creature editor glitch works in a pure vanilla environment. If you necessarily want the nudge handles back, consider installing Dark Injection anyway. While it at first will include a force save feature, it will be removed in future versions and replaced with this mod's content validation mechanics. You can tweak DI in a way where it will appear like vanilla, but with its new editor tweaks like the addition of nudge handles in place, and use this mod with it. I haven't yet tested it that way though, so be warned.
Last edited by Liskomato on Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: Creature Outfitter - Outfit your creatures in the Creature Editor WITHOUT force save!

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

Thank you, friend! I find outfitting creatures in the creature creator much more convenient, as I can tweak the body of the creature to fit its outfit better and offers flexibility that outfitting a fixed creature form simply does not.
Liskomato
Creature
Creature

Re: Creature Outfitter - Outfit your creatures in the Creature Editor WITHOUT force save!

Unread post by Liskomato »

I know, right? And with Dark Injection removing its force save feature in the future, I might even think about installing it for my main Spore PC! :)
Calluulsford
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: [Version 1.1] Creature Outfitter - Outfit your creatures in the Creature Editor WITHOUT force save!

Unread post by Calluulsford »

The new version of the creator editor is not enough for the next level editing. It has no new features with essayswriting option to create a new one different type of picture to show other best.
MilkingChicken
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: [Version 1.1] Creature Outfitter - Outfit your creatures in the Creature Editor WITHOUT force save!

Unread post by MilkingChicken »

This mod is really cool! However, is there any way to have the creature save as a captain/whatever outfit it is? I think that would make the mod a lot better. :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”