The ultimate graphics fix topic.

Mods that combine many smaller mods or lonely mods that just have no place to go...
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

The ultimate graphics fix topic.

Unread post by paranoid_modder »

Since the sporum is gone, i decided to reupload the original post about the shiny graphics fix for spore here, for archival purposes. Original post by K2017
I'm leaving the original thread here for archival purposes (because I'm too lazy to delete it and it might still be useful to those using the disc installation of SPORE).

If you've already installed the fix and you are experiencing issues with it, please refer to the FAQ below, thank you!

New (and Old) Features:

-Fix for lighting and general shading
-Fix for bump-mapping
-Fix for muddy textures (wip list):
____-On Creatures
-Fix for opaque cells

Technical stuff:

-This fix doesn't cause a config error on startup, unlike the fix where you replace Spore's config with Spore CC's config.

-Only seems to work if you have Spore GA installed, and only if you replace the config for both Spore and Spore GA. Not sure why...

-What you see is what you get. This fix makes Spore use the shaders your graphics card provides instead of using no shaders at all. If your card provides measly shaders, the game will run with measly shaders!

Installation (For Origin):

Preface: It is recommended to have Spore installed and correctly patched before using this fix (For the sake of consistency). Refer to the 'Common Guides' section of the Master Help FAQ Thread for installation instructions.

1. Download 'Spore graphics fix.zip' from the link below to your Desktop.

2. Locate the folders of your Origin game installation (Default for Spore should be (Location of your origin Library)/Origin Games/Spore/Data/Config) (And for GA (Location of your origin Library)/Origin Games/SPORE Galactic Adventures/Data/Config)

3. Very Important: Make backups of 'ConfigManager.txt' and 'Properties.txt' by renaming them to 'ConfigManagerOLD.txt' and 'PropertiesOLD.txt' or similar. Do this for both directories (Spore and Spore GA)

4. Copy the files from the zip file to both the 'Spore' and 'SporeGA' Config directories

5. Run the game and open up a Sporepedia creature (Preferably a shiny one) to test if it worked

6. ??????

7. Profit!

Credit goes to Rob for posting the fix for HD creature textures in this thread, through which I would not have known about it (Whomever may have discovered it originally). I have incorporated it into the files now for ease of installation! (I hope that's cool with everyone ).

Downloads:

!DISCLAIMER! The Creature Texture Fix May cause creatures you encounter in creature stage to be missing their textures! If this is happening to you I suggest using the DL link without the fix (3rd link down) until a solution is found!

4096 Creature Texture Fix (For beefy computers. Has been know to cause crashes on less powerful computers!): http://www.mediafire.com/file/d64xd3e0g ... cs_fix.zip

2048 Creature Texture Fix (For older computers):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/d667yaotk ... x_2048.zip

If you don't want the HD Creature Textures Fix at all please use this download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/x6qaqxaux ... re_fix.zip

FAQ:

Q: I don't have Spore GA or Spore C&C; (or a combination of those) installed, will this still work?
A: It should yes, simply place the files in the Spore config directory as you would when installing normally and run the game using the Spore launcher.

Q: I have a black screen in-game, what do I do?
A: This one's a doozy. I don't quite know what causes this, but apparently setting shadow quality to Medium down from High fixes it. If that doesn't do it, try lowering settings until it fixes itself.

Q: There are weird lines on my creatures, why is that?
A: This is a side effect of HD creature textures and isn't fixable (Without serious modding) from what I can tell. If you really can't live with the lines, then what you can do is go into 'ConfigManager.txt' and scroll all the way down until you see a line with: 'intProp skinpaintTextureSize 4096'. Reduce the number from '4096' to '2048' or lower (Note that it should be a power of 2).

IMPORTANT!
I forgot to say this, but SPORE and Spore GA should be updated to version 1.5.1 for best results. (This is the version I used to test in the first place.)

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Re: The ultimate graphics fix topic.

Unread post by Flames Kid »

I have done this so many times, yet still need this guide every time lol
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
SHADIA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SHADIA »

Does it only work with Origin, or will it work with Steam too?
Enderjed
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Enderjed »

can someone make a mega/ google drive link, beacause mediafire hates me and sends me so much adware
I have a decently strong PC

JOIN my discord Server:https://discord.gg/rnRQSkR
(please, I only have 34 members, 7 of which are bots)
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Enderjed wrote:can someone make a mega/ google drive link, beacause mediafire hates me and sends me so much adware
Get Ublock origin, and then try again.
Enderjed
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Enderjed »

I have tried, but things like that don't protect me from the scareware mediafire has a habit of sending.
I have a decently strong PC

JOIN my discord Server:https://discord.gg/rnRQSkR
(please, I only have 34 members, 7 of which are bots)
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Enderjed wrote:I have tried, but things like that don't protect me from the scareware mediafire has a habit of sending.
Well these links are safe. If you are very paranoid you can get Malwarebytes. Its a free antivirus.
Mr. Dice
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mr. Dice »

Hi there! This mod is really great, Spore became more exciting with it. But i have a little issue with 2048 texture fix. After adding fix, game start saving all my new videos and screens with interface [with blue buttons]! I don't understand why this is happening, but when i removed fix, the interface from the photos and vids has disappeared

[Update]

Now i replace NEW Config to OLD/default config, and Spore graphics became muddy again, and UI problem has gone. So now I know for sure that the problem is in this config file, but i dont know which line i need to change

p.s. sorry for bad english
DLjas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DLjas »

When I use this, the game crashes when I try to save a creation. It also makes huge lines through textures, but that doesn't even matter if I can't play the game. Can you either fix this, or tell me how to stop this from happening? I have mods, including force save if that matters.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

DLjas wrote:When I use this, the game crashes when I try to save a creation. It also makes huge lines through textures, but that doesn't even matter if I can't play the game. Can you either fix this, or tell me how to stop this from happening? I have mods, including force save if that matters.
Which variant did you install? 4096x, 2048x, or no creation texture resolution change?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
TheFoxH0UND
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheFoxH0UND »

Unfortunately, this mod does not work.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

TheFoxH0UND wrote:Unfortunately, this mod does not work.
Actually it does, so clearly there's more to whatever problem you've encountered than that. Care to elaborate on what you did, and what went wrong after doing so?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Beastodile
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Beastodile »

Does the mod make enhancements to the game's graphics? Or does it just fix a graphics error for some users?
Adding diversity and color to the galaxy! ;)
Check out my YT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAVURb ... oUXz2A3Z0Q
Cheers!
paranoid_modder
Civilian
Civilian

Beastodile wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:26 pm Does the mod make enhancements to the game's graphics? Or does it just fix a graphics error for some users?
As you can see above, it enhances graphics.
Serapheil
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Serapheil »

Alright, I made an account on this site specifically for help, but I cannot for the life of me get this to work. I have a more than able computer, I followed all the steps in the guide for Origin, and I have all the actual graphical options within the game cranked up as well, but my textures still look toaster quality. Any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind, I 'fixed' it. I was being an idiot. Thanks for the great texture fix homie.
Lilchoppa
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Lilchoppa »

Were the mods suspended? none of them are in the google drive is there anyway i could get the graphics mod?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Miscellaneous Mods”