Slightly Better Spore

Released mods from the Spore community. These are made for Galactic Adventures with patch 1.5.1, though some also support the March 2017 patch. Some of them may still work on Core Spore.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Host your mods here. Try to keep files small, whenever possible.

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND either patch 1.5.1 or the March 2017 patch. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 1.5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is not supported)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, GOG, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to either Patch 1.5.1 or the March 2017 patch?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to either Patch 1.5.1 or the March 2017 patch?
e) How did you install the mod?
f) What other mods do you have installed?
g) What version of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit are you using?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Hightlyze
Creature
Creature

Slightly Better Spore

Unread post by Hightlyze »

I made this long time ago around last year or 2017. It's like Better Spore but it has little features that make it better.

Slightly Better Spore 1.0 - Space Stage features:
Planet Buster can destroy homeworld and save games.
Got spaceufo~.prop.xml from better spore

Slightly Better Spore 1.0 - Tribal Stage features:
Baby growth increased faster
Got tribetuning.prop.xml from better spore with few edits to hut's health (With a ton more Epics)
Attachments
SlightlyBetterSpore1.0 - Tribal Stage.package
(5.13 KiB) Downloaded 583 times
SlightlyBetterSpore1.0 - Space Stage.package
(6.04 KiB) Downloaded 565 times

vanillacold

Re: Slightly Better Spore

Unread post by vanillacold »

This mod can completely break a save file. Destroying your homeworld can crash Spore, destroying a save file's homeworld can probably corrupt your saves.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Hightlyze
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Hightlyze »

lmao I was looking for this mod in the forums since I can't find it in my PC, just to find out I made a mod that breaks the game lmaoo
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Hightlyze wrote: Wed Apr 26, 2023 4:12 am lmao I was looking for this mod in the forums since I can't find it in my PC, just to find out I made a mod that breaks the game lmaoo
Ah. Sorry about that.
It can still break your game (planet-buster on homeworlds/saves messes stuff up), but yeah. I probably shouldn't have been so blunt.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Hosted Mods”