Dark Injections saying I'm not using modAPI when I am?

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
Maximilian Mori
Cell
Cell

Dark Injections saying I'm not using modAPI when I am?

Unread post by Maximilian Mori »

I'm not sure how to fix this. I just patched dark injection into my copy of GA from steam, but everytime I use the mod API to try and open it, the spore mod API launcher fails and GA runs only to say I have to use mod API launcher. I keep trying to find anything to fix this since I just modded the game traditionally by unzipping the mods and putting them in, but nothing works. Did I download the mod wrong? I have :cc: :ex: :ga: :patch1.5: :spore: but :di: won't work.... I've downloaded it before and had nearly no problems on another computer, but this is my first time with a big issue.

vanillacold

Re: Dark Injections saying I'm not using modAPI when I am?

Unread post by vanillacold »

Maximilian Mori wrote:I keep trying to find anything to fix this since I just modded the game traditionally by unzipping the mods and putting them in, but nothing works.
Try using the ModAPI easy installer instead of installing DI manually. (it's ment to be installed via the easy installer)
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Maximilian Mori
Cell
Cell

VanillaCold wrote:
Maximilian Mori wrote:I keep trying to find anything to fix this since I just modded the game traditionally by unzipping the mods and putting them in, but nothing works.
Try using the ModAPI easy installer instead of installing DI manually. (it's ment to be installed via the easy installer)

I can't, the only version that would download for me was the old version of modAPI, and the other version (when I would try to install it) Would start download, freeze, and then crash.. the old version won't allow me to install the mod. I've tried many times, but it won't work. I had to take the mod out entirely just so I could get past the thing saying that I wasn't using the modAPI. Now I'm just using GA without my favorite mod.
oliiwiaq
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by oliiwiaq »

Same here. I have everything for the mod but it's just not working.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Both of you, download a fresh copy of the ModAPI Launcher Kit's setup program. I updated it the other day, which...should resolve the crashes during installation.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Maximilian Mori
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:Both of you, download a fresh copy of the ModAPI Launcher Kit's setup program. I updated it the other day, which...should resolve the crashes during installation.
Thank you, I was finally able to download the spore modAPI launcher kit- now the only problem is that the mod API launcher still isn't launching my version of GA. It's just coming up with an error everytime. Here is a screenshot of what it says- Image

It's basically the same things that were happening before with the older version (aside from it letting me use the installer and uninstaller now), except now GA doesn't even register the mods I tried installing through the spore modAPI easy installer.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Do you have any kind of antiv--
>AVG icon on Desktop
Add an exception for both GA's executable (or the folder it's in) and the ModAPI Launcher Kit folder. Let me know if that helps.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Maximilian Mori
Cell
Cell

I should note that even though the game doesn't run through the modAPI, it comes up with that error and then automatically opens from steam, and plays as the normal GA game. I didn't know if I made that clear before, so I'm sorry about that.

I made the exeptions there, and at one point even turned off the antivirus completely. It still does this. I've also tried installing a fresh version of DI, but that still doesn't work...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Maximilian Mori wrote:Image
...okay, there goes that idea.
Maximilian Mori wrote:I should note that even though the game doesn't run through the modAPI, it comes up with that error and then automatically opens from steam, and plays as the normal GA game. I didn't know if I made that clear before, so I'm sorry about that.
Actually, the ModAPI Launcher starts Spore through Steam if it is installed through Steam, as the Steam version (atleast in some cases?) can't be started normally. The issue here is that while starting the game works as intended, something goes wrong while injecting your ModAPI mods' code into the game process. Unfortunately, we've yet to find a clean way to detect that something has gone wrong and stop the game from opening.
Maximilian Mori wrote:I made the exeptions there, and at one point even turned off the antivirus completely. It still does this. I've also tried installing a fresh version of DI, but that still doesn't work...
That's worked for some, but there are other factors which can also contribute to this issue. Do you use Discord, by any chance? (or, failing that, Steam or Skype?) It would be easier to resolve this issue using a more immediate form of communication, if you're willing and able.

Also, for anyone else reading this thread, I'd like to clarify that this issue is not caused by Dark Injection, but by one or more of a variety of imperfections in the ModAPI Launcher. The process of resolving these issues is ongoing.

Maximilian Mori
Cell
Cell

ah, that makes sense. Also yes, I do use discord.

and I'm sorry about posting this here, I thought it was a problem with DI in the beginning ^^; My apologies-
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Maximilian Mori wrote:ah, that makes sense. Also yes, I do use discord.
Perfect. What name and Discord tag can I find you under, if you don't mind sharing? (If you'd rather PM it my way or you'd rather I provide my Discord tag, that's fine, just let me know)
Maximilian Mori wrote:and I'm sorry about posting this here, I thought it was a problem with DI in the beginning ^^; My apologies-
No it's fine...it isn't exactly obvious as to where the cause lies. I just mentioned that clarification as a "for future reference" thing, to clarify to anyone reading this going forward.

Maximilian Mori
Cell
Cell

Max the dirty memer#7163

ah, alright ^^
StarDragon984237
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by StarDragon984237 »

If the problem is solved, please share the information on how you did it, if possible.
I think I have the same problem..
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

StarDragon984237 wrote:If the problem is solved, please share the information on how you did it, if possible.
I think I have the same problem..
This issue was patched a while ago. The update will be installed automatically next time you run the Spore ModAPI Launcher, Spore ModAPI Easy Installer, or Spore ModAPI Easy Uninstaller.

Mauro_1410
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mauro_1410 »

the error of "Mod API not detected", here is the solution: Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable and Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”