Transferred Creations are Missing Parts

For all those problems people post here that aren't actually related to Dark Injection. No hard feelings - I'd rather risk a few misdiagnosis than miss out on real Dark Injection issues someone wasn't 100% sure about.
Shiznasty
Cell
Cell

Transferred Creations are Missing Parts

Unread post by Shiznasty »

Transferred creations from an older version of 9.r to the newest across creations and got met with these beauties.
Spoiler
There's many, many more examples of this I could list in the images but I'm too lazy. Here's the originals, in the same order.
Spoiler
The main theme here is that all the DI parts have turned invisible and glitched; mouth parts have sometimes been replaced; and hands, feet, and sometimes even mouths have been sent all over the place where they're not supposed to be, replacing certain DI and vanilla parts entirely - the arzet/bottom picture had the belly button replaced and suitable resized by his hand.

I need a fix so I know that my past 2 and a half years of work haven't gone down the drain.
Please and thank you.
Last edited by Shiznasty on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shiznasty
Cell
Cell

Re: Transferring creations

Unread post by Shiznasty »

Yes, I know that my pictures are low quality.
Print screen and C does not work on Spore's sporepedia menu, so I had to take pictures with an iPad.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Transferred Creations are Missing Parts

Unread post by rob55rod »

I assure you that this is definitely fixable. Ironically, however, viewing a ton of creations was just about the worst thing to do in this situation, as the fix doesn't immediately work retroactively. It takes time - time spent ONLY viewing OTHER creations. This is not a product of Dark Injection, and is in fact caused by how Spore caches baked creation models. We can try clearing your GraphicsCache after the issue is resolved to force the game to regenerate the models, but given how unreliable the game is about these kinds of things, I can't guarantee that it will be able to generate a new cache at all.

Anywaves, currently awaiting a response on Discord.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misdiagnosis”