Crashes when opening creature creator

Squashed beyond recognition. Unlike real bugs, these weren't alive enough to be worth sparing.
scrgp9512
Cell
Cell

Crashes when opening creature creator

Unread post by scrgp9512 »

So I'm using Dark Injections for the first time here. I installed it and booted the API launcher and the game launches just fine. However when I go to open the creature creator it never opens, the game crashes and closes before it can do so. I couldn't really find anything here about this already so here's this post. I am using the Steam version and I have GA and C&C with the asymmetry patch.

Marduk
Creature
Creature

Re: Crashes when opening creature creator

Unread post by Marduk »

scrgp9512 wrote:So I'm using Dark Injections for the first time here. I installed it and booted the API launcher and the game launches just fine. However when I go to open the creature creator it never opens, the game crashes and closes before it can do so. I couldn't really find anything here about this already so here's this post. I am using the Steam version and I have GA and C&C with the asymmetry patch.
Some mods doesn't works with steam version, btw, there's a way to change steam version to origin version, i dunno how, but there was a video on Youtube, i'll try to find it and by the way, what's the installation path? where u installed the mod?
Spore Modder and Member of Annunaki Race.

Also, Pls view my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7ZEvu ... ObnL-fabCw?
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Marduk wrote: Some mods doesn't works with steam version, btw, there's a way to change steam version to origin version, i dunno how, but there was a video on Youtube, i'll try to find it and by the way, what's the installation path? where u installed the mod?
All mods which were made for Patch 1.7 work with the Steam version.
Patch 1.7 turns the Origin version into the Steam version, which is why older mods don't work with the latest version.
DI works fine for me, even though I'm using the Steam version.

Anyway, you should try these first:
1: Verify your game files. This will make Steam check for errors within Spore's files. If it finds any corrupt/missing files, it'll redownload them. (this doesn't apply to mods)
2: Uninstall all mods excluding DI and slowly add them back to Spore until you find what's causing the problem.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

scrgp9512 wrote:So I'm using Dark Injections for the first time here. I installed it and booted the API launcher and the game launches just fine. However when I go to open the creature creator it never opens, the game crashes and closes before it can do so. I couldn't really find anything here about this already so here's this post. I am using the Steam version and I have GA and C&C with the asymmetry patch.
Hmmm...mind showing me your current DI configuration? (sorry about the confusion above btw)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
scrgp9512
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Hmmm...mind showing me your current DI configuration? (sorry about the confusion above btw)
This was the only thing I changed Image

Everything else is default

Also to the post above, core Spore, C&C, and GA all are validated and the game runs fine without DI installed (it's the only mod I have/had)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

scrgp9512 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

Also to the post above, core Spore, C&C, and GA all are validated and the game runs fine without DI installed (it's the only mod I have/had)
I think I may know what's going on there. I'll be releasing a bugfix update within the near future. Once that's out, let me know if installing it resolves this issue.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
scrgp9512
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
scrgp9512 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Hmmm...mind showing me your current DI configuration? (sorry about the confusion above btw)

I think I may know what's going on there. I'll be releasing a bugfix update within the near future. Once that's out, let me know if installing it resolves this issue.
I downloaded 2.3.2 and the game still crashes when I try to open the creature editor. Oddly enough I also noticed my game doesn't seem to be detecting my C&C anymore even after a reinstall.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

scrgp9512 wrote:I downloaded 2.3.2 and the game still crashes when I try to open the creature editor. Oddly enough I also noticed my game doesn't seem to be detecting my C&C anymore even after a reinstall.
Um...ooookay, that's a first. If you disable all of DI's features in its configurator, does the editor still crash?

scrgp9512
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
scrgp9512 wrote:I downloaded 2.3.2 and the game still crashes when I try to open the creature editor. Oddly enough I also noticed my game doesn't seem to be detecting my C&C anymore even after a reinstall.
Um...ooookay, that's a first. If you disable all of DI's features in its configurator, does the editor still crash?
Used Core Spore UI and editor background and disabled all features, still crashes.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

scrgp9512 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
scrgp9512 wrote:I downloaded 2.3.2 and the game still crashes when I try to open the creature editor.
Used Core Spore UI and editor background and disabled all features, still crashes.
Oooookay...now that's really weird. Um...do you use Discord, Skype, Steam, or anything of the sort, by any chance? Between faster communication and the ability to screenshare if needed (Steam aside), I think that would be a much easier method of diagnosing exactly what's wrong here, if you're open to that...
scrgp9512 wrote:Oddly enough I also noticed my game doesn't seem to be detecting my C&C anymore even after a reinstall.
...and while we're at it, I'd be happy to help you get your Creepy & Cute DLC working again, too.

scrgp9512
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
scrgp9512 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Um...ooookay, that's a first. If you disable all of DI's features in its configurator, does the editor still crash?
Oooookay...now that's really weird. Um...do you use Discord, Skype, Steam, or anything of the sort, by any chance? Between faster communication and the ability to screenshare if needed (Steam aside), I think that would be a much easier method of diagnosing exactly what's wrong here, if you're open to that...
scrgp9512 wrote:Oddly enough I also noticed my game doesn't seem to be detecting my C&C anymore even after a reinstall.
...and while we're at it, I'd be happy to help you get your Creepy & Cute DLC working again, too.
Sure I use discord, my tag is Hero of Tulans#3373 but a quick question. Am I supposed to launch the game via the modAPI launcher? When I do that it will crash, but if I launch it regularly through steam the creator opens but the mod isn't there.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mystery solved. Moral of the story: Don't install more than one version of the game at once.

muddyseas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by muddyseas »

so what now?? the same happened to me what do i do
u
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by u »

i have this problem too, but dark injections just doesnt work at all. i installed it, opened modapi launcher and it launches normal GA, and when i click on any(?) creators it just crashes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Fixed Bugs”