Spore grox Parts (Making my first mod and need help)

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

Spore grox Parts (Making my first mod and need help)

Unread post by Richard01_CZ »

Hello I'm new to the spore modding but i made some interesting finds. So I'm trying to make a mod that simply adds grox parts to the creature editor but i run into some compiling errors all the time so I gave ut and wrote this in hope that someone will help me with it... I attached the unpacked mod that gives me an compiling error. Please fix it or tell me what I did wrong, I want to learn this stuff but when nobody tells me how to do it correctly than it is trial and error for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore grox Parts (Making my first mod and need help)

Unread post by rob55rod »

...are you using SporeMaster for this?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

Yes I am using sporemaster (SporeMaster 2.0 beta), should i use something else?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Richard01_CZ wrote:Yes I am using sporemaster (SporeMaster 2.0 beta), should i use something else?
Yes. Although ironically, SporeModder itself is about to be superseded by a superior alternative by the same developer.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

Okay so I downloaded it, made a new project but how do I unpack the files?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Richard01_CZ wrote:Okay so I downloaded it, made a new project but how do I unpack the files?
File --> Unpack DBPF

...this is why I mentioned that SporeModder FX is imminent ._.

Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

It's wierd, I don't know what i modified and what i didn't. I prefer the old one :/
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Richard01_CZ wrote:It's wierd, I don't know what i modified and what i didn't. I prefer the old one :/
SporeModder uses text colours in the file tree to indicate which files are from your mod and which are from the source project(s). It is more complicated, yes, but it's also far more powerful.

I should note that SporeModder FX retains all of SporeModder's benefits, while also simplifying the process of its use.

Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

I don't know how to use it tho... it shows me all the files form spore_game.package and when i edit it it doesnt change color o anything... It just stays green like all other the files. And if i did some changes to it and then compile it i think it will overwrite the Spore_Game.package (it looks like it would do) with the modded one wich i don't want
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Richard01_CZ wrote:I don't know how to use it tho... it shows me all the files form spore_game.package and when i edit it it doesnt change color o anything... It just stays green like all other the files. And if i did some changes to it and then compile it i think it will overwrite the Spore_Game.package (it looks like it would do) with the modded one wich i don't want
Yes, that's correct. You then create a new project for your mod, and add the Spore_Game project as a source. It's similar to SporeMaster's "Spore Packages" tab, but instead of locking you to one series of source projects for all your projects, you can have a different set for each if you so desire. It takes some getting used to, but it's better overall.

Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

I will to try to make it with SporeModder

And I want to ask you...

Could you maybe do it for me? I tried to make it for like past 4 hours but it still gives me errors (Yes I'm using SporeMaster). I could then reverse engineer your mod and see how it works and make my own recreation based on your mod. I really want to learn this stuff.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Richard01_CZ wrote:Could you maybe do it for me? I tried to make it for like past 4 hours but it still gives me errors (Yes I'm using SporeMaster). I could then reverse engineer your mod and see how it works and make my own recreation based on your mod. I really want to learn this stuff.
Why not use an existing mod which adds the Grox parts?

Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

As I said... I want to learn it. And yes... BetterSpore is the solution to that but it modifies some parts of space stage according to the files inside of it and i don't want that. I just want to make my own functional mod that only modifies the workings of selected editor wich is in my case creature editor
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Richard01_CZ wrote:As I said... I want to learn it. And yes... BetterSpore is the solution to that but it modifies some parts of space stage according to the files inside of it and i don't want that. I just want to make my own functional mod that only modifies the workings of selected editor wich is in my case creature editor
The parts component doesn't alter space stage at all...what version of BetterSpore are you looking at?

Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

I'm looking at BetterSpore 1.5.0

So I think I did a proper modification in SporeModder (i added files that corespond for a new category, pages, parts, items) but nothing appears in the game's creature editor :(
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Richard01_CZ wrote:I'm looking at BetterSpore 1.5.0
...okay, there goes that hypothesis .-.
Richard01_CZ wrote:So I think I did a proper modification in SporeModder (i added files that corespond for a new category, pages, parts, items) but nothing appears in the game's creature editor :(
Mind sending the project over?

Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

Okay, the Modded package file is attatched with modified and unpacked spore_game.package folder, both are in .zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard01_CZ
Cell
Cell

So I think I found the problem why it doesn't show any signs of change in the game... It doesn't write anything into the packed file ... there are like 5 rows of 00 values when i open the mod package in Hex editor... it doesn't write the package file and I don't know why.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”