New Editor Backgrounds- Over 30 new backgrounds for the Creature Editor play mode! (Updated: 19/5/23)

Various editor modifications are found here.
lunareclipse
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: New Editor Backgrounds mod (Updated: 4/12/19)

Unread post by lunareclipse »

Does the mod work in 2021?

I-am-THEdragon
Creature
Creature

Re: New Editor Backgrounds mod (Updated: 4/12/19)

Unread post by I-am-THEdragon »

lunareclipse wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:55 pm Does the mod work in 2021?
Howdy, this is an incredibly late response but I am certain the mod worked in 2021 and should work just fine in 2023 as well :)
This mod adds files but does not replace any, and should not have any conflicts as far as I know. As Spore is no longer receiving patch updates I don't see its functionality being broken in the future.

With that, I'd like to happily announce that after nearly four years I have updated this mod!
I have added five new backgrounds: Circuit board, hidden town (made from a. unused model in the demo game files), Spore Hero level, stained glass, and End of Evangelion. A very notable fix to the mod is that the creature should now cast a shadow onto all backgrounds (except for the circuit board which is lit from below).
I have also made various improvements to several backgrounds, including:
  • Nicer-looking animated water in the vaporwave background
  • Replaced the crusty-looking 2D plants in the underwater background with more fitting 3D ones
  • Remade the room background, but kept the tacky rug
  • Re-rendered the cosy background and replaced the tacky rug
  • Completely remade the Solum cave background, changing it from a 2D panorama to a 3D photogrammetry model
  • Improved the dome in the space dome background. Less claustrophobic, better glass.
  • Improved 2D assets in the candy background
  • Baked shading in the fern prairie background
Get it here: https://github.com/I-am-thedragon/Edito ... tag/v2.0.0
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Re: New Editor Backgrounds- Over 30 new backgrounds for the Creature Editor play mode! (Updated: 19/5/23)

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

They look nice overall, especially the backgrounds in space! :)
But is there a way to download them one by one? Because they don't all interest me. I tried to search a little on GitHub, I thought I found it, but it's only downloading the small visual image of the background.

The water movement was not done for the backgrounds of Spore Hero and that of the green swamps with the huts.
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Editor Mods”