Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.4 (Updated 4/26/21 - Mammals Update)

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.2 (Updated 1/17/20)

Unread post by tklarenb »

Sorry, but no to all those requests. I barely have enough time to make my own mods, so there's no way I'm helping out with any others. Also, if I knew how to add creature sounds I would have done so already for this mod, but I don't even know if that's actually possible.

In regards to my mod, I haven't made a huge amount of progress since my last post, but I figured I could give you guys a preview of every new head and morph that's been finished so far:

Nile Crocodile

American Alligator

Male Gharial

Female Gharial

Champsosaurus

Deinosuchus

Sarcosuchus

Kaprosuchus

Dilophosaurus

Cryolophosaurus

Coelophysis bauri

Coelophysis kayentakatae

Guanlong

Monolophosaurus

Zupaysaurus

Liliensternus

Anzu

Caudipteryx

Oviraptor

Heyuannia

Khaan

Gigantoraptor

Styracosaurus

Centrosaurus

Einiosaurus

Chasmosaurus

Achelousaurus

Kosmoceratops

Pachyrhinosaurus

Diabloceratops

Nasutoceratops

Torosaurus

Triceratops prorsus

Triceratops Adolescent

Triceratops Juvenille

Triceratops Hatchling

Pteranodon female

Geosternbergia male

Geosternbergia female

Nyctosaurus

Quetzalcoatlus

Hatzegopteryx

Tapejara

Tupandactylus

Struthiomimus

Deinocheirus

Mononykus

Zio
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Zio »

Cool!
Zio
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Zio »

But i I really want the sounds to be added...
Zio
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Zio »

Please add sounds.)))
Zio
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Zio »

Non dinosaurs prehistoric sounds of animals.
Sounds of amphibians:
https://yadi.sk/d/R0cd6lm0JuBNPQ
Sounds of cats:
https://yadi.sk/d/Oq46zxkRXQgOEw
sounds of dogs & hyenas:
https://yadi.sk/d/LSRQewRSjkisnA
Sounds of cave bears & giant slothes:
https://yadi.sk/d/eyBakuRjoGttew
Sounds of primates & hominids:
https://yadi.sk/d/y_hz4LxEAJP6cg
Sounds of pigs & entelodonts:
https://yadi.sk/d/XioN3OEYh6i7Fw
Sounds of horses:
https://yadi.sk/d/lJqeZjl1aC4W6Q
Sounds of bulls & deers:
https://yadi.sk/d/7-X-XQoIvtM2gg
Sounds of rhinos & brontotheres:
https://yadi.sk/d/nzEDPaY-k4JGfA
Sounds of mammoths & mastodons:
https://yadi.sk/d/pRl1SjX5WMmcVQ
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Zio wrote:But i I really want the sounds to be added...
Read my last post. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO ADD THEM. Whining isn't going to change that. Unless you can point me to a tutorial that shows how to add creature sounds (which like I said I don't even know if it's possible), it's not going to happen. Please stop asking.

In regards to mod progress, the Utahraptor head has been updated with animations and morphs. The morphs are of four of the existing heads (Velociraptor, Deinonychus, Compsognathus, Troodon) plus two new heads (Austroraptor and Buitreraptor). Since the four other existing heads are taken care of now as morphs, I am not going to be updating the original parts. Not only does this help speed up development time, it'll also mean it won't alter any creatures you've made with them (since the parts aren't the exact same size as before). I've also done some model edits to the heads to make them more accurate, mainly just slight skull reshapes, giving them a bit more of eyelids so the eyes aren't bulging, and altering the lips so the teeth don't show when the mouth is closed.

Here's a preview of both the new and altered heads:

Compsognathus

Austroraptor

Buitreraptor

Troodon

Velociraptor

Deinonychus

Utahraptor
Zio
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Zio »

Ah...(
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.3 (Updated 4/12/20)

Been a bit busy so I haven't been working on this recently, not sure when I'll get back to it, but I figured instead of keeping you guys waiting I'd just release what I have so far. Update 1.3 download and information can now be found on the original post of this thread.
Sporefanatic0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Sporefanatic0 »

nice work
Hitmonplays
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Hitmonplays »

i don't know why everyone is complaining about it, this is epic
i made some pretty funny lil' creatures with it! (here would be where i'd send the images, but i don't know how to send images here, oops)
NO GOD CAN SAVE ME NOW! because i am god... of my own digital universe of course! hehe...
I'm gonna try and make my own mods, i know nothing about modding! qwq
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

So I'm back working on an update for this mod, the title of the mod should really be changed to just prehistoric animals in the future since what I've been making so far has been mainly prehistoric mammal related. Still has some work to do, so I'm not sure when v1.4 will be released, but I figured I'd give you guys a preview of what's coming. I managed to figure out what I was doing wrong that was causing part names not to show up in the editor, so the next update should have all the parts properly named. In addition, so far I've made 2 new heads and a new foot:

Wolf Head and Feet:
The wolf head has the following morphs:
Golden Retriever
German Shephard
Bear
Hyaenodon
Hyena

Pachyderm Head:
This is the first head I've actually added an animation for besides opening and closing the mouth, I used the smile/frown animation slot to add trunk movement (it raises its trunk when it would be smiling, it curls its trunk in slightly when it would be frowning). It looks a bit clunky when the animation plays rapidly but generally I think it worked out pretty well.

This head also has the following morphs:
African Elephant
Asian Elephant
Woolly Mammoth
Columbian Mammoth
Mastodon
Stegodon

All of the above morphs also have submorphs of just the tusks ranging from the big mammoth style tusks like seen above to completely tuskless. Unfortunately I couldn't make all tusks available for all 6 different species, I tried to make the tusks a separate morph handle but it didn't work properly, so instead I had to merge it into the general head shape morph handle. Since there's only 30 frames of animation available, I was forced to limit what tusks each species was given, so I just went with what each species has/had in reality. So you won't be able to do African Elephants with mammoth tusks for example, but each species has multiple tusk variants (African elephant has tuskless, small tusk, average tusk, and curved tusks, for example).

For stuff that's still WIP, I have the base model for a Smilodon head made, but still need to make its textures, animations and morphs. It'll probably have morphs of modern cats and Thylacosmilus. Also might add some other mammals like rhinos, deer/antelope, horses, etc, and I've been wanting to make a toothed pterosaur head as well, but those mainly depend on how much spare time I have. At this time, I'm only guaranteeing that the Smilodon head will be made. Like I said above, I don't know when this'll be done, I had quite a bit of time over the holidays to get what I've listed so far done but now that they're over I'm back to my busy schedule.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Dinosaur Parts Mod v1.4 (Updated 4/26/21 - Mammals Update)

So real life got in the way of me continuing to add to v1.4, and I figured I'd just release what I showed in my last post. See the original post for a download link for the new version with the wolf and pachyderm parts.
perilspore
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by perilspore »

I'm sorry if this can't be fixed or is beyond your control, but for some reason, it keeps saying "Server Problem" when I try installing it. Is there anywhere else I can download it from?
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

perilspore wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:06 pm I'm sorry if this can't be fixed or is beyond your control, but for some reason, it keeps saying "Server Problem" when I try installing it. Is there anywhere else I can download it from?
Are you referring to the download link? If so that sounds like an issue on your end, just tested it now and it's working fine for me. The same issue you're describing I've had in the past when downloading larger files (and this mod is fairly large), best fix is to just retry downloading at another time.

If instead the issue is that you've managed to download it and you're trying to install through SporeModAPI, this mod can be installed manually without the API. You can just place the mod in your Spore GA Data folder and it should work (that's how I've been doing it actually)
rstreamflower
Cell
Cell

Unread post by rstreamflower »

Can you animate some of the heads? I've got this mod b4 and I've noticed that some of the heads aren't animated.
Quadruplay
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Quadruplay »

primate heads would be cool (gorillas, chimpanzees and orangutans (and maybe humans))
chickenremix
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by chickenremix »

Idk if this mod is still being updated, but the canine head is very buggy. I’m able to put it on creatures just fine, but it usually makes the game crash when I try to go into test drive, view the creature from the menu, or right after I save and exit the editor.
Aside from that, though, I love this mod and it's just about perfect. Very nice work.
oh, you beautiful tropical fish.
Generic_Sporeling
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Generic_Sporeling »

chickenremix wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:13 pm Idk if this mod is still being updated, but the canine head is very buggy. I’m able to put it on creatures just fine, but it usually makes the game crash when I try to go into test drive, view the creature from the menu, or right after I save and exit the editor.
Aside from that, though, I love this mod and it's just about perfect. Very nice work.
Yeah, I find that this mod crashes alot, with seemingly random things, such as just hovering over the parts.
Hope it gets those issues fixed, then I would definitely use it more often.
But it's still a good mod nonetheless.
Just your average spore user, I'm definitely not doing anything shady ;) . hehehe....
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/DRkubester
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Generic_Sporeling wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:08 pm
chickenremix wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:13 pm Idk if this mod is still being updated, but the canine head is very buggy. I’m able to put it on creatures just fine, but it usually makes the game crash when I try to go into test drive, view the creature from the menu, or right after I save and exit the editor.
Yeah, I find that this mod crashes alot, with seemingly random things, such as just hovering over the parts.
I don't really have any plans to update this mod since I barely touch Spore these days and it's a ton of work just to make one part, and I don't know enough to update the mod to fix the crashing issue (I literally only know what's written in modding tutorials). I believe most crashing like this is memory related since Spore is such an old game, I also get the occasional crash with this mod but it's on rare occasions, not frequently like you're experiencing.

Have you installed the 4 GB patch? It doubles the amount of RAM Spore can use, which for me at least drastically reduces these types of crashes, the only crashes I get frequently are when editing extremely complex, heavily modded adventures. Here's a link for it if you don't have it: https://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=9424

If you have it installed already sorry, but it's the best I can suggest. I do also have a monster gaming laptop I play Spore on so that could also be what's helping me avoid most crashes.
Generic_Sporeling
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Generic_Sporeling »

tklarenb wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 7:02 am
Generic_Sporeling wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 1:08 pm
I don't really have any plans to update this mod since I barely touch Spore these days and it's a ton of work just to make one part, and I don't know enough to update the mod to fix the crashing issue (I literally only know what's written in modding tutorials). I believe most crashing like this is memory related since Spore is such an old game, I also get the occasional crash with this mod but it's on rare occasions, not frequently like you're experiencing.

Have you installed the 4 GB patch? It doubles the amount of RAM Spore can use, which for me at least drastically reduces these types of crashes, the only crashes I get frequently are when editing extremely complex, heavily modded adventures. Here's a link for it if you don't have it: https://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=9424

If you have it installed already sorry, but it's the best I can suggest. I do also have a monster gaming laptop I play Spore on so that could also be what's helping me avoid most crashes.
Ohhhh... That's what the 4gb patch does? I've heard about it but never bothered to look it up.
As soon as I get a chance I'm going to try and install it. I think this might fix most of the issues, it's probably just all the high poly models.
It would be interesting to see if lowering the poly count on the models would fix the issue.
Just your average spore user, I'm definitely not doing anything shady ;) . hehehe....
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/DRkubester
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”