We have a Modding Discord Server now.

Welcome to DavoOnline.com!
Let us know what you are about or check out some of our partners!
Nuxx
Cell
Cell

Re: We have a Discord Server now.

Unread post by Nuxx »

why am i banned
no one will tell me why

Flames Kid
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Flames Kid »

Nuxx wrote:why am i banned
no one will tell me why
You are continually obnoctious, and you *have* been told... repeditivly.
:di: I am just a simulation §§§§§§§
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Flames Kid wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:21 am
no one will tell me why
You are continually obnoxious, and you *have* been told... repetitively.
Imagine getting banned just for asking for help extracting assets, or when an update to DI is coming. :oops:
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

fungus3 wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:26 am
Flames Kid wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:21 am
no one will tell me why
You are continually obnoxious, and you *have* been told... repetitively.
Imagine getting banned just for asking for help extracting assets, or when an update to DI is coming. :oops:
On the contrary, you were banned by the SMC staff for:
1. Being rude
2. Constantly and continually demanding answers from me regarding questions I either had already answered for you, or had already informed you I did not have answers to
3. Disregarding instructions from staff
4. Generally being a total jackass
All perfectly valid reasons to eventually ban you, given how far you took it.

Then, after badmouthing myself, SMC, and staff members of both SMC and DavoOnline (presumably because you seem to be too busy trying to make yourself look innocent to see that you're not), you went and complained about it on Davo's Discord server for a while, and decided to get yourself banned there as well, by:
1. Insisting that I had apparently banned you from SMC, when ceased to be staff there well before then
2. Continually screaming at and harassing me seemingly every time your game crashed, in spite of overwhelming evidence that the crashes were caused by the mess of outdated, known-hazardous mods you had installed, and not Dark Injection as you baselessly suggested
3. Spam-reposting your crash logs, even though we'd already told you multiple times not to post the crash logs and what to do instead, since nobody in that server can do anything with crash logs (this again falls under "disregarding instructions from staff")
Again, all perfectly valid justifications for a ban, given to how far you went.

Once upon a time, I asked Davo to refrain from banning you from this forum, so I could try to reason with you and give you another chance. And another. And another. And another. You've eagerly tossed away my forgiveness and slapped me in the face for it every chance you've gotten.

Next time anyone suggests maybe you should be banned from here, I won't be advocating otherwise.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

Constantly and continually demanding answers from me regarding questions I either had already answered for you, or had already informed you I did not have answers to
Then enough with the riddles. Enough with the vague explanations. If I cannot precisely understand what you try to tell me, it wastes everybody's time.
in spite of overwhelming evidence that the crashes were caused by the mess of outdated, known-hazardous mods you had installed
Which mods, though?
oldmods.zip
(3.38 MiB) Downloaded 759 times
And is Dark Injection seriously going to be stuck in Beta forever?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

fungus3 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pmThen enough with the riddles. Enough with the vague explanations. If I cannot precisely understand what you try to tell me, it wastes everybody's time.
No need to be so accusatory. I wasn't trying to use "riddles" or be vague. That said, clarification is a fair request, and one I am more than willing to address to the extent that I can.

Truth be told, it's been long enough since the SMC ban that I'm having some difficulty recalling more detail than I've already provided. However, looking through the chatlogs, I recall that for some time, you'd been pursuing me about the addition of some Darkspore audio files to DI (I believe it was the HELIX narration stuff). I do remember thinking at the time that banning you over that alone seemed more than a bit absurd, but looking back, you were also being quite...rude and demanding about it, even calling yourself "impatient". As I was writing this, I was trying to remember what had given you the idea that I was planning on adding those audio files to DI, as it's been long enough that I can hardly even recall...but upon closer rereading, it looks like I was just as unsure then as I am now.

As for being banned from Davo's server...I'm not sure what part of my previous explanation was unclear, but if you can be more specific, I can try to clarify.

fungus3 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pmWhich mods, though?
oldmods.zip
Pretty much all of the files in that ZIP archive are potential red flags, other than the adventure complexity one. Additionally, looking at the screenshot you posted prior to being banned, I see even more potential red flags there:
- energybomb
- Spode's Holy Bomb
- Cryo Beam
- Gatling Gun
- MoreTools
- Rando'Moss'Iti'Missile
- SWARM Missiles
- BetterSpore1.5.0_Tools
- buyArchetypesCheat (I think? Not entirely sure about this one)
- Disintegration Ray
- RapidBombs (Again, not entirely sure about this one)
However, simply removing the affected mods could just as easily exacerbate the problem as resolve it, due to the high likelihood of save data dependency with these sorts of mods. I would recommend you backup your creations and save data, generate a new Galaxy (this step may require you to temporarily uninstall DI until it is complete), and then see if your game still runs stable without the mods. If it does, for the ones which don't require a Galaxy reset, try reintroducing them one at a time until the crashing either resurfaces or doesn't. If the crashing does resurface during this process, you can be relatively certain that it was caused by the last mod you reinstalled.

We'll discuss next steps once you've taken these steps to try to determine which mod is to blame, and either returned with answers, or found the results to be inconclusive.

fungus3 wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:10 pmAnd is Dark Injection seriously going to be stuck in Beta forever?
Regrettably, I labelled DI as being in "Beta" back in 2016 based on a then-severely-flawed understanding of what the term "Beta" meant. I've since learned otherwise, but have been...hesitant to drop the term ever since, out of regression-related paranoia. I hope to change this eventually, but I am not putting a date on that, so do not ask me for one. I don't make promises I can't be sure I'll be able to keep.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Mix_pain005
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: We have a Modding Discord Server now.

Unread post by Mix_pain005 »

Absolutely shite server, got banned for the dumbest stuff.
therealdll
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: We have a Modding Discord Server now.

Unread post by therealdll »

Hey I’m part of the discord and I’m asking if anyone knows what to do when you try opening the launcher but it just shows an error
GeorgeTip
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Merging or combining two Spore creatures.

Unread post by GeorgeTip »

I've been experimenting with merging two Spore creatures together to create a completely unique species, but I'm struggling to find the right balance between the two creatures' traits. Has anyone else tried this before? If so, do you have any tips or tricks for successfully merging two creatures in Spore? I'd love to hear about your experiences and learn from your successes (or failures)! Let's brainstorm together and see what kind of amazing hybrid creations we can come up with. Share your thoughts and ideas below!
опн https://energy-21.ru/katalog/opn опн ухл1
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DavoOnline.com & Company”