Paint Mod

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
DVDMaster
Hatchling
Hatchling

Paint Mod

Unread post by DVDMaster »

Davo,

Have you figured out how GA added the 'star fleet red shirt' detail paint to the creature editors?
I'd like to try adding one of the vehicle paint textures to the creature paint pallet.

ThrowSomething
Civilian
Civilian

Re: Paint Mod

Unread post by ThrowSomething »

thats easy i think. why?
DVDMaster
Hatchling
Hatchling

I really like mods that extend the editors AND create creations that are shareable.
From what I can tell, mods that using the existing spore parts can often be shared and included in adventures (even when those downloading the adventure don't have the mod installed).
It is also easier to use existing assest (such as animations, parts, textures, etc.) and repurpose them in mods than to create them using 3rd party programs and incorporate them into a mod.
For example, the flora editor, cell parts in creature stage, extended cell parts, infinite part size, robopart paint, vehicle parts in the creature editor mods are all easier to create. One doesn't have to learn an animation program, or modelling program, or a graphics editor program to mod.

Since spore already has paint textures for vehicles and textures, it might be possible to use them to mod the creature editor.

DID YOU KNOW THAT THE CELL PAINT TEXTURES are different than the creature pain textures? and you can use 'paint like' to paint a creature with a cell texture? The results aren't semi-transparent paints, but they are similar to the creature textures. Many of the cell paints include multiple colors and produce the same results as a base paint + coat paint, but are all contained in the 'base' paint layer.

Here is a sporecaste that contains the cell paints:
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr ... 0343482996

These are 24 base paint textures that could be incorporated into a paint mod.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

in short, you are saying you want to replace the paint on creature editors to be that of the cell editor?

i think that is the only way to achieve this.
DVDMaster
Hatchling
Hatchling

Not replace, but add (just like C&C and GA added paint options).
And if you can add cell paints, you might be able to add vehicles paints.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

the vehicle paint didnt want to click when i hovered over creature parts, it didnt mind flora parts, but even then it made the plant clear. in some areas. i like this idea.
Cheesemn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Cheesemn »

I also think this would be a cool mod. Not sure if vehicle pants would work on creatures but cell paints sure. If you could just add a page with the cell paints on the paint mode.
Always trying to make mod ideas simple.
MinionJoe
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MinionJoe »

Only giant robots can use vehicle pants.
Cheesemn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Cheesemn »

Fail...
Always trying to make mod ideas simple.
Video_Knight
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Video_Knight »

ok so since dark injections doesnt work for me, i cant rly get the dark injections mod's parts, dont know if someone can copy the dark injections parts and make it a regular mod
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”