Realistic Human Heads Mod

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Realistic Human Heads Mod

Unread post by tklarenb »

This mod adds 21 realistic human/near-human heads to the adventure editor:
Caucasian- Male, female, male child, female child
African- Male, female, child
Asian- Male, female, child
Elven- Male, Female, child
Neanderthal- Male, female, child
Hominid
Elderly
Muscular
Obese
Skinny

Skin colors are not effected by paint colors, making them do so would lose a lot of texture detail. They are also not animated (and I don't plan on adding animations since the models aren't properly built for it), so they do look a bit creepy since they just stare blankly ahead.

To install, just place the package file in your Spore GA's Data directory.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/uza9oswgb ... ds.package

Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Realistic Human Heads Mod

Unread post by Vallachan »

wow, that's disturbing. cool though.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Shattered
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Shattered »

ummm.. I don't even know who would want to make a human in spore..

But dannng those are realistic heads.

*makes human head robot spider thing like in Toy Story*
Thanks for killing me
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

GladDragon wrote:ummm.. I don't even know who would want to make a human in spore..
http://exodrake.deviantart.com/gallery/47308577/Spore
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Lucyy
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Lucyy »

Oh wow they are good..
I love to make aquatic spore creatures!

Don't let aquatic stage die out
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

Is it possible that you could add another page where the parts are affected the colour of the creature
for example, if your creature was green the head would turn green
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Static696 wrote:Is it possible that you could add another page where the parts are affected the colour of the creature
for example, if your creature was green the head would turn green
It's possible to do that, but (according to some discussion on the Sporum), tklarenb doesn't feel he can do an adequate job or something and thus doesn't want to.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Static696
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Static696 »

ok
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

I like this mod but the colors/textures often don't load properly (e.g.: eye texture on the face instead of in the eyes). :( Is there a way to fix this?
"This thing took like an hour to make but it was so worth it." - me
WoundedSpore
Cell
Cell

Unread post by WoundedSpore »

Olyenka wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:19 pm I like this mod but the colors/textures often don't load properly (e.g.: eye texture on the face instead of in the eyes). :( Is there a way to fix this?
uhhh...
it's a feature? we'll go with that
:roll: Oh, you.
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

WoundedSpore wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:39 pm
Olyenka wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:19 pm I like this mod but the colors/textures often don't load properly (e.g.: eye texture on the face instead of in the eyes). :( Is there a way to fix this?
uhhh...
My concerns were directed at the mod creator, dude.
So no, it's not a feature and we won't go with that. You're not funny.
Don't reply to people's questions as though you're the mod creator. It's very rude and not the least bit helpful.
tklarenb
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by tklarenb »

Olyenka wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:08 pm
uhhh...
Don't reply to people's questions as though you're the mod creator. It's very rude and not the least bit helpful.
I don't really find his answer that rude considering he's pretty much half correct, it's a feature from Spore itself that I can't really fix without rebuilding the models, which I am not going to do since I've lost most of my interest in modding Spore. TLDR Spore's texture resolution sucks, you can try out one of the 2k or 4k resolution mods to help lessen the blurriness (but it's not guaranteed to work for all creatures).

Long version, the issue comes from how Spore textures creatures. Like all video games Spore uses texture maps, but unlike other games where the models are static and an artist goes in and optimizes the texture map so it looks good, Spore has to generate the texture map on its own.

Each part you add has its own prebuilt texture map, and when you color a creature every part's texture map plus an autogenerated map for the body are combined into one texture map, and that combined map that I believe in vanilla Spore has a resolution of 1024x1024 pixels (fairly low resolution for a character model by today's standards). If you go with something like in my screenshots where there's just the head and a tiny body, that means the head can get most of the combined texture map and be higher resolution, lessening the blur, whereas if you had a more complex creature with a bigger body and more parts, the head get's less space on the texture map, meaning it's smaller and gets blurrier.

Vanilla Spore parts get around this by how they modeled their parts, they basically modeled in the edges of colored areas that needed to be sharp. For example the pupils in vanilla eye parts are usually a separate model from the rest of the eye so the edge stays sharp. I didn't do that with these models since they were just some human models I happened to have that are one solid model.

The only solution is to use one of the 2k or 4k texture resolution mods. These increase the size of the combined map, meaning higher resolution with less blurry textures. Just a note since Spore's an older game this does make it more unstable and prone to crashing. And even with the texture mods it's not a guarantee, very large, complex creatures will still use a ton of texture space.
Olyenka
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by Olyenka »

tklarenb wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:12 pm
Olyenka wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:08 pm

uhhh...
I don't really find his answer that rude considering he's pretty much half correct, it's a feature from Spore itself that I can't really fix without rebuilding the models, which I am not going to do since I've lost most of my interest in modding Spore. TLDR Spore's texture resolution sucks, you can try out one of the 2k or 4k resolution mods to help lessen the blurriness (but it's not guaranteed to work for all creatures).

Long version, the issue comes from how Spore textures creatures. Like all video games Spore uses texture maps, but unlike other games where the models are static and an artist goes in and optimizes the texture map so it looks good, Spore has to generate the texture map on its own.

Each part you add has its own prebuilt texture map, and when you color a creature every part's texture map plus an autogenerated map for the body are combined into one texture map, and that combined map that I believe in vanilla Spore has a resolution of 1024x1024 pixels (fairly low resolution for a character model by today's standards). If you go with something like in my screenshots where there's just the head and a tiny body, that means the head can get most of the combined texture map and be higher resolution, lessening the blur, whereas if you had a more complex creature with a bigger body and more parts, the head get's less space on the texture map, meaning it's smaller and gets blurrier.

Vanilla Spore parts get around this by how they modeled their parts, they basically modeled in the edges of colored areas that needed to be sharp. For example the pupils in vanilla eye parts are usually a separate model from the rest of the eye so the edge stays sharp. I didn't do that with these models since they were just some human models I happened to have that are one solid model.

The only solution is to use one of the 2k or 4k texture resolution mods. These increase the size of the combined map, meaning higher resolution with less blurry textures. Just a note since Spore's an older game this does make it more unstable and prone to crashing. And even with the texture mods it's not a guarantee, very large, complex creatures will still use a ton of texture space.
That's okay. Thank you for the reply.
CzaryDave7
Creature
Creature

Unread post by CzaryDave7 »

i love this!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”