Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
BiggusWeeabus
Cell
Cell

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by BiggusWeeabus »

Hey, first post here.

I've installed the Dark Injection mod, but when i run it i get this message:

"Please Close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher. If you are already using the Spore ModAPI Launcher, seek assistance on DavoOnline."

i'm already running through the launcher, what could be causing this?

:di:

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

BiggusWeeabus wrote:Hey, first post here.

"Please Close Spore and reopen it through the Spore ModAPI Launcher. If you are already using the Spore ModAPI Launcher, seek assistance on DavoOnline."

Well...where did you buy and install Spore from, and when? And is that the only place you've ever installed it from?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
BiggusWeeabus
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
BiggusWeeabus wrote:Hey, first post here.

Well...where did you buy and install Spore from, and when? And is that the only place you've ever installed it from?
I'm using the GOG version, i don't have it from any other source.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

BiggusWeeabus wrote:I'm using the GOG version, i don't have it from any other source.
1. When did you install Spore and its DLCs?
2. When did you install the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit?
3. Do any other error messages or anything appear before the one you mentioned above?
4. What is the full path to the game's install location (and those of its DLCs)?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
BiggusWeeabus
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
BiggusWeeabus wrote:I'm using the GOG version, i don't have it from any other source.
1. When did you install Spore and its DLCs?
2. When did you install the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit?
3. Do any other error messages or anything appear before the one you mentioned above?
4. What is the full path to the game's install location (and those of its DLCs)?
1 - i've installed everything about some weeks ago
2 - by the day i made the post
3 - nope, nothing
4 - C:\GOG Games\SPORE
C:\GOG Games\SPORE\Data;
C:\GOG Games\SPORE\bp1content;
and C:\GOG Games\SPORE\DataEP1

Edit: Also, sorry for the replies taking too long, not with too much free time also timezone
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

BiggusWeeabus wrote:1 - i've installed everything about some weeks ago
3 - nope, nothing
Strange...your GOG version of Spore was legally purchased from GOG, yes?
BiggusWeeabus wrote:Edit: Also, sorry for the replies taking too long, not with too much free time also timezone
If it's any reassurance, I'm used to it.

BiggusWeeabus
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
BiggusWeeabus wrote:1 - i've installed everything about some weeks ago
3 - nope, nothing
Strange...your GOG version of Spore was legally purchased from GOG, yes?
BiggusWeeabus wrote:Edit: Also, sorry for the replies taking too long, not with too much free time also timezone
If it's any reassurance, I'm used to it.
Not legally, is cracked :( Don't judge me T_T
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

BiggusWeeabus wrote:Not legally, is cracked :(
As I suspected. Go buy the game. (And don't buy it from Steam if you want any of this to actually work.)
BiggusWeeabus wrote:Don't judge me T_T
Why shouldn't I? Piracy is wrong. Don't do it.

Scorpicfire
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Scorpicfire »

So I have been having this problem ever since I got spore Dark injection.

Some of the creatures parts have no affect for example my creation clyax scorp can only bite and Poison but it should be able to Bite, Slash, charge and Poison. It would help if you could fix this for me please and thank you.
TriangleMyst
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TriangleMyst »

Good day, everyone. Sorry about my bad English, I'm from another country.

Well, to the point, I have a problem with installing the Dark Injection. I upgrade my Spore with DLC to the newest version 1.5.1, install ModAPI Launcher Kit and I already started installation Dark Injection, but... ModAPI doesn't see the desired file. The file of Dark Injection itself is in the correct format (.sporemod), but the ModAPI continues to not see it.

Necessary information that can help in solving the problem:
- Spore installed from disks (with Creepy and Cute, Galactic Adventures)
- Patch upgraded to the 1.5.1 version
- Game is clear, without other mods

Thank you in advance for the answer!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Scorpicfire wrote:So I have been having this problem ever since I got spore Dark injection.

Some of the creatures parts have no affect for example my creation clyax scorp can only bite and Poison but it should be able to Bite, Slash, charge and Poison. It would help if you could fix this for me please and thank you.
What other mods do you have installed, and what parts does the creature in question use?
TriangleMyst wrote:-snip-
What exactly do you mean when you say that "ModAPI doesn't see the desired file"? And also, where did you install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Origin? Disks?

TriangleMyst
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:What exactly do you mean when you say that "ModAPI doesn't see the desired file"? And also, where did you install Spore from? Steam? GOG? Origin? Disks?

I solved this problem a few minutes ago, but now there is a new problem... The file was ready for installation, but as soon as it started, this text was displayed (it is shown below):

"Something Went Wrong
It seems that something went wrong while trying to start this mod's Installer.

More information:
System.IO.IOException: Процесс не может получить доступ к файлу (Translation - The process cannot access the file) "D:\Games\Data\!!!!!!2019_D1_9_r_Beta2-3-2.sporemod", так как этот файл используется другим процессом (Translation - since this file is being used by another process).
in System.IO._Error.WinI0Error(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
in System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
in System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
in Spore_ModAPI_Easyinstaller.RemovalInfo.Remove()
in C:\Users\Splitwirez\Documents\Important\Spore Modding Tools\Spore ModAPI\ModAPI Launcher Kit Development\Spore ModAPI Easy Installer\XmllnstallerWindow.xaml.cs:строка (translation - line) 1463
in Spore_ModAPI_Easyinstaller.XmlInstallerWindow.<StartInstallationButton_Click>d_46.MoveNext()
in C:\Users\Splitwirez\ Documents\ Important\Spore Modding Tools\Spore ModAPI\ModAPI Launcher Kit Development\Spore ModAPI Easy Installer\XmlInstallerWindow.xaml.cs:строка (translation - line) 688 "

And then a message appeared that the file was successfully installed, but it was not...

And I install Spore from disks (Core vers. + C&C + Galactic).
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Hmmm...could you provide a screenshot of the contents of the folder in which the .sporemod file resides?

TriangleMyst
Hatchling
Hatchling

rob55rod wrote:Hmmm...could you provide a screenshot of the contents of the folder in which the .sporemod file resides?
Sure, there it is.

First time I placed the .sporemod file on the desktop (the Spore ModAPI couldn't recognize the file), then I moved .sporemod to the Spore ModAPI folder itself (and then it worked, the installer launched the Dark Injection menu, but did not install further - an error occurred, described in the last message), and then to the Spore's Date folder (and nothing changes from last step).

Now .sporemode file is only exist in the folder that is shown in the screenshot. Other copies were removed.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

There's no need to move it at all. Just download it and then use the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer to install it straight from your downloads folder. That's the whole point.

Also, having your Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit in your Data folder is a very bad idea. Don't do that.

Apocalyptichorse
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Apocalyptichorse »

I read the faq and read this is not fixeble currently, so I'll just share this as a warning note I suppose!

My game currently crashes when I try to walk up to a nest to migrate, I know the faq says to just wander around, but sadly I can't even do that without the game crashing. I'm considering to try to uninstall the mod do the thing and then re-install the mod but I'm worried this might end up corrupting my save file, I might end up doing it anyway it just sucks but it just be that way orz

Edit: uninstalled the mods but sadly it didn't change anything, guess I'll have to condemn the file and start over :c
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Apocalyptichorse wrote:I read the faq and read this is not fixeble currently, so I'll just share this as a warning note I suppose!

My game currently crashes when I try to walk up to a nest to migrate, I know the faq says to just wander around, but sadly I can't even do that without the game crashing. I'm considering to try to uninstall the mod do the thing and then re-install the mod but I'm worried this might end up corrupting my save file, I might end up doing it anyway it just sucks but it just be that way orz

Edit: uninstalled the mods but sadly it didn't change anything, guess I'll have to condemn the file and start over :c
Apocalyptichorse wrote:I seemed to have figured out the source of my game continuously crashing, my pc can't really handle the number of creatures/tribal members on screen. Which is a bit weird I recall using the mod that allowed for bigger nests in the past and had no problem with that. So now my question is, is it possible to reduce the number of creatures/tribal members that spawn? And if yes how would I do that?
When was your computer made? What other mods do you have installed? Do you have the Ultimate Graphics Fix or the HD Creation Texture tweak installed?

sporeman2003
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sporeman2003 »

The patcher is'nt working, it says i have to install spore but i already have it installed, y already have installed the patcher 2 times but it won't work.

Also, the mod itself isn't downloading.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

sporeman2003 wrote:The patcher is'nt working, it says i have to install spore but i already have it installed, y already have installed the patcher 2 times but it won't work.
Where did you buy and install Spore from (Steam/GOG/disks/Origin/etc), and when?
sporeman2003 wrote:Also, the mod itself isn't downloading.
What exactly do you mean by "isn't downloading"?

sporeman2003
Cell
Cell

Unread post by sporeman2003 »

rob55rod wrote:
sporeman2003 wrote:The patcher is'nt working, it says i have to install spore but i already have it installed, y already have installed the patcher 2 times but it won't work.
Where did you buy and install Spore from (Steam/GOG/disks/Origin/etc), and when?
i downloaded it yesterday, from origin

rob55rod wrote:
sporeman2003 wrote:Also, the mod itself isn't downloading.
What exactly do you mean by "isn't downloading"?
nevermind that, what i meant was it took a really long time to download
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”