Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Here you can find information regarding Dark Injection, or post questions if you need further help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Official Dark Injection FAQ! Answers and Fixes!

Unread post by rob55rod »

Langooseondaloose! wrote:
rob55rod wrote:When you turn on your computer, what name do you click before you see your desktop?
So it's the name I click when I turn on my computer? That must be my admin account then. Now that I know, what do I do now?
Is the name in question "Administrator"?
xfreakazoidx wrote:Hi! My first time on here. Been playing Spore forever. So a few days ago I installed Spore (and Spore Galactic Adventures) (from Origin). This is a new hard drive if it helps so never been installed on it before. I downloaded Dark Injector and the Spore API. Installed DI no problem. But in game nothings seems to have changed like in the examples it gives you during installation. Did I do something wrong?

On a side note, does the complexity part of the mod let you use UFOs (for example) that are over the complexity limit? I know back then you couldn't. Thanks
Have you previously had the game installed from somewhere other than Origin on your previous hard drive?

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
xfreakazoidx
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by xfreakazoidx »

xfreakazoidx wrote:Hi! My first time on here. Been playing Spore forever. So a few days ago I installed Spore (and Spore Galactic Adventures) (from Origin). This is a new hard drive if it helps so never been installed on it before. I downloaded Dark Injector and the Spore API. Installed DI no problem. But in game nothings seems to have changed like in the examples it gives you during installation. Did I do something wrong?

On a side note, does the complexity part of the mod let you use UFOs (for example) that are over the complexity limit? I know back then you couldn't. Thanks
Have you previously had the game installed from somewhere other than Origin on your previous hard drive?[/quote]
Nope.
Scootgami
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Scootgami »

Okay, I have no idea how I got this to work, but now all the sounds are back and I am able to ally other tribes.

However, even with the mod installed, I am not able to access my creations made with the mod's parts. I have everything installed (at least I believe I do). What am I missing here?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Scootgami wrote:Okay, I have no idea how I got this to work, but now all the sounds are back and I am able to ally other tribes.

However, even with the mod installed, I am not able to access my creations made with the mod's parts. I have everything installed (at least I believe I do). What am I missing here?
What do you mean when you say you're "not able to access" your creations made with DI's parts? Is there a padlock icon on the Sporepedia cards for them?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Scootgami
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:Okay, I have no idea how I got this to work, but now all the sounds are back and I am able to ally other tribes.

What do you mean when you say you're "not able to access" your creations made with DI's parts? Is there a padlock icon on the Sporepedia cards for them?
Yep, there is a padlock icon. If I wish to view the creation, it says I do not have what is installed.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Scootgami wrote:Yep, there is a padlock icon. If I wish to view the creation, it says I do not have what is installed.
Right...that sometimes happens if you run Spore after uninstalling the mods a creation requires. Sometimes the game doesn't notice if you reinstall the mods.

Scootgami
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:Yep, there is a padlock icon. If I wish to view the creation, it says I do not have what is installed.
Right...that sometimes happens if you run Spore after uninstalling the mods a creation requires. Sometimes the game doesn't notice if you reinstall the mods.
Ah okay. Do I just need to reinstall it again?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Scootgami wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
...I'd thought you were implying you already had. Yes, absolutely do that.

Scootgami
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
Scootgami wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Right...that sometimes happens if you run Spore after uninstalling the mods a creation requires. Sometimes the game doesn't notice if you reinstall the mods.
...I'd thought you were implying you already had. Yes, absolutely do that.
I've reinstalled the mod, but the padlock icons remain unfortunately.

I apologize, I'm not that good with computers ^^'
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Scootgami wrote:I've reinstalled the mod, but the padlock icons remain unfortunately.
Then you've been screwed over by caching, unfortunately. Sorry. Best hope they disappear on their own eventually, which they may or may not.
Scootgami wrote:I apologize, I'm not that good with computers ^^'
Don't worry about that, lol

Langooseondaloose!
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Langooseondaloose! »

rob55rod wrote: Is the name in question "Administrator"?
Nope! That's not normal, is it?
jahbkjashdoisadyfuio
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by jahbkjashdoisadyfuio »

please mention and installing error...
this happened a lot for me and i dont know why..i have the most recent DI and i have sporemod api, heres a screenshot
wanted to blur my name so, sorry if you're confused!
Attachments
Annotation 2020-07-11 163646.png
TheRealMaxolotl
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheRealMaxolotl »

When I go to launch it, it opens spore for a second, then closes itself. It does not report any kind of crash. I was never given an error message, but the log says there was a problem with the API Origin patch. I'm still working to resolve this.
Maxolotl#7089 on Discord
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

TheRealMaxolotl wrote:When I go to launch it, it opens spore for a second, then closes itself. It does not report any kind of crash. I was never given an error message, but the log says there was a problem with the API Origin patch. I'm still working to resolve this.
Can you please show me this log?

fabell
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by fabell »

I know this fourm is pretty old, I just hope someone still sees this.. Now, I'm gonna sound really dumb but... I somehow accidently changed the file type of the mod now the API wont read it. I dont know what type of file to change it back to or how to restore it to it's previous version. I tried the properties to restore it but that wasnt an option. I also tried deleting it and reinstalling it, but it just reinstalled as the wrong type??!
Can someone please help me fix this?
MaCZombie
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MaCZombie »

hi admin! this dark injection mod is nice :D
:sc: is not uninstalling help me
Toro
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Toro »

Uhh I don't know if this is still active but (sorry if i missed it) I am having a problem with uninstalling the mod. I am uninstalling it as it's too laggy on my computer and I cannot play spore without crashing with dark injection. A few days ago I decided to uninstall it, and I was quite tired so I forgot how to do it and just decided to delete all the files manually instead of using the easy uninstaller for the modapi. Whenever I open spore it still prompts me about dark injection. Is there a way to fix this or is my spore broken forever? I don't have anything too important on this computer so if it works, uninstalling and reinstalling spore can be an option.
rstreamflower
Cell
Cell

My Spore API Laucnher App is Missing!

Unread post by rstreamflower »

In order to reduce bugs on my game, I disabled the full DI model thingy but after that by API launcher disapeared. I tried redownloading the API Launcher via the API kit. But by launcher doesn't show up!
CiyanModsSpore
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by CiyanModsSpore »

My brother was messing around with the mod file and accidentally launched it in GIMP. Now it's stuck as a GIMP file and just launches GIMP whenever I try to open it. I've tried deleting it and redownloading it, but it just downloads as a GIMP file now. Any ideas on how to fix this?
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by fungus3 »

rob55rod wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:23 pm Known bug, already fixed for the next release. Thanks though. In the meantime, you should be able to work around the issue by either disabling the Genetic Modifier, or switching to the Full Darkspore UI or Darkspore Beta UI.
So is a next release not going to happen or what? Or is development cancelled?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “FAQ, Info, and Help”