Dark Injection dev log

The modificaton of parts, models and abilities.
wan2bepro
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection 9.r dev log (OPEN BETA)

Unread post by wan2bepro »

rob55rod wrote:Anywaves...
The Create Menu is finally starting to become something I'm actually happy with. Thoughts?
Looking goooood!!!!!

"Life is like a toy: if you don't know how to play with it, it's useless" Great-grandmother (1903-2006)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Snaid1
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Snaid1 »

That looks awesome! can't wait to be ale to slide the camera up and down like you do at the end of the video.
antl0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by antl0 »

Hi i have question, its dark injection compatibility with platinum spore and others mod?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

antl0 wrote:Hi i have question, its dark injection compatibility with platinum spore and others mod?
Wrong thread.

antl0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by antl0 »

rob55rod wrote:
antl0 wrote:Hi i have question, its dark injection compatibility with platinum spore and others mod?
Wrong thread.
MY bad
SporeAltair
Creature
Creature

Unread post by SporeAltair »

With the settings of "Only Darkspor Style", in the editors menu, the text is slightly moved and the buttons are slightly jolted.

Also, in the next update, please add another style for the interface, in the style of Spore 2005.

You can take as a basis for this style, mod Spore 2006 UX.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SporeAltair wrote:With the settings of "Only Darkspor Style", in the editors menu, the text is slightly moved and the buttons are slightly jolted.
...can you provide a screenshot of the issue?
SporeAltair wrote:Also, in the next update, please add another style for the interface, in the style of Spore 2005.
...no. That has nothing to do with Darkspore.
SporeAltair wrote:You can take as a basis for this style, mod Spore 2006 UX.
Please don't remind me of that dumpster fire. I still regret creating it to this very day.

SporeAltair
Creature
Creature

I'll throw a video with two glitches when I write it down.

And what's wrong with the 2006 UX? By the screenshots, he is very cool. Especially the mouth of Willosaur.
Last edited by SporeAltair on Wed Jan 16, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
SporeAltair
Creature
Creature

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak_eoThxJCI[/youtube]

0:03 - Editor menu bug. At first I thought the problem was in the language, I have Russian. But when changed to English, the same problem.
0:21 - Button glitch
1:02 - Color bug

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLxfeyeA9kw[/youtube]
0:21 - Arrow glitch
0:48 - These items are not available in the “Full Darkspore Style”, but in the “Only Darkspore Style” all items are visible.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SporeAltair wrote:what's wrong with the 2006 UX? By the screenshots, he is very cool. Especially the mouth of Willosaur.
When I first publicly showed that mod, people started to get the wrong idea about what the mod was...I couldn't have released it without disappointing everyone, and the last thing I needed was an angry mob after me. Troubling past memories, that's all.
SporeAltair wrote:0:03 - Editor menu bug. At first I thought the problem was in the language, I have Russian. But when changed to English, the same problem.
0:21 - Button glitch
1:02 - Color bug

0:21 - Arrow glitch
Alright, thank you. I'm looking into these right now. Most of them shouldn't be too tricky to fix...

SporeAltair wrote:0:48 - These items are not available in the “Full Darkspore Style”, but in the “Only Darkspore Style” all items are visible.
...except this one, since the link for the Invidia mod was taken down a while ago, and I haven't been able to get my hands on the mod since.

SporeAltair
Creature
Creature

I can throw this mod Invidia in PM for diagnostics.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SporeAltair wrote:I can throw this mod Invidia in PM for diagnostics.
I would appreciate that greatly. Thanks.

Mooshry
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Dark Injection 9.r - MINI-RELEASE NOW AVAILABLE

Unread post by Mooshry »

rob55rod wrote:
Mooshry wrote:GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THE EYES THING! Please! Davo, DarkEdge, CamBen! Remove it!
Please stop screaming. It makes it hard to read your posts. Take a deep breath, and please calmly explain what the problem is.

Firstly, what is this eyes thing you're flipping out about?

And secondly, why are you asking Davo, DETV and CamBen to remove it when I'm the only person who is still developing Dark Injection (not to mention that DETV isn't even a mod developer)? .-.
Well, the "eyes" thing i was talking about 2 years ago was the pupils. They're missing. I don't like that. It's cool for the spectral, evil creatures, but it just doesn't look good when i try to make cute, cool, or other creatures that i want to have pupils. And it just ruins the Ethereal Slit-Eye. I'd prefer the pupils be re-added to the Ocubulge, Neo-Teeny, Blinky, Wareye, Necreye, Meanstalk, Boneye, Stalkgazer, Peduncledunk, Wizened, Evil Eye, Grumpeye, Wideyed, Occulus, Coyagmine, and Ethereal Slit-Eye. Sorry for the paragraph of text!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mooshry wrote:Well, the "eyes" thing i was talking about 2 years ago was the pupils. They're missing. I don't like that. It's cool for the spectral, evil creatures, but it just doesn't look good when i try to make cute, cool, or other creatures that i want to have pupils. And it just ruins the Ethereal Slit-Eye. I'd prefer the pupils be re-added to the Ocubulge, Neo-Teeny, Blinky, Wareye, Necreye, Meanstalk, Boneye, Stalkgazer, Peduncledunk, Wizened, Evil Eye, Grumpeye, Wideyed, Occulus, Coyagmine, and Ethereal Slit-Eye. Sorry for the paragraph of text!
That isn't an actual feature of DI - it only happens if you install the mod incorrectly.

Mooshry
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mooshry »

rob55rod wrote:
Mooshry wrote:Well, the "eyes" thing i was talking about 2 years ago was the pupils. They're missing. I don't like that. It's cool for the spectral, evil creatures, but it just doesn't look good when i try to make cute, cool, or other creatures that i want to have pupils. And it just ruins the Ethereal Slit-Eye. I'd prefer the pupils be re-added to the Ocubulge, Neo-Teeny, Blinky, Wareye, Necreye, Meanstalk, Boneye, Stalkgazer, Peduncledunk, Wizened, Evil Eye, Grumpeye, Wideyed, Occulus, Coyagmine, and Ethereal Slit-Eye. Sorry for the paragraph of text!
That isn't an actual feature of DI - it only happens if you install the mod incorrectly.
It is? That means almost everyone has installed the mod incorrectly. How do i install it correctly?
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

Mooshry wrote: It is? That means almost everyone has installed the mod incorrectly. How do i install it correctly?
Use the Spore ModAPI Easy Installer to install it.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

One of Dark Injection's longest-standing flaws is officially no more.
The Complexity Meter has finally gotten a long-overdue upgrade, to accomodate DI's Infinite Complexity.

Not only will it now allow you to see exactly how many parts you've attached, but it will even warn you when you've entered unstable territory. No more accidental one-shot builds! :​D

That said, as intentional one-shot builds are a thing that sometimes happens, it won't stop you from going EVEN FURTHER BEYOND... :>

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Part Mods”