Steam Force Save (TWEAK)(NO HACKS/MODS)(FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!)

Davo's Released Mods. These are made for Galactic Adventures with patch 1.5.1, but some of them may still work on Core Spore. Many of these mods may be obsolete after 2017.
jnevels89
Cell
Cell

Re: Force Save NO HACKS/MODS. FORCE SAVE FIX FOR STEAM USERS!!

Unread post by jnevels89 »

Hello,

Great advice and again thank you for taking the time to make the DI mod. I am having a problem to where I cant save the two new scripts in the Configuration Manager or the Properties txt files. It tells me to find another location because there is not enough space. I dont really understand that, when I hover over the Spore EP1 icon it says 0 bytes of 2GB is available. Do you know how to fix that? I'm asking because I'm still not able to save DI creatures.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

jnevels89 wrote:Hello,

Great advice and again thank you for taking the time to make the DI mod. I am having a problem to where I cant save the two new scripts in the Configuration Manager or the Properties txt files. It tells me to find another location because there is not enough space. I dont really understand that, when I hover over the Spore EP1 icon it says 0 bytes of 2GB is available. Do you know how to fix that? I'm asking because I'm still not able to save DI creatures.
Save the modified txt files to your My Documents folder, then move them to their original locations. But backup the original files first!!
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
jnevels89
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:

Save the modified txt files to your My Documents folder, then move them to their original locations. But backup the original files first!!

I appreciate the quick feedback however I am not able to delete the original .txt files and I feel like I'm going in circles. Can you explain how to delete .txt files then? This is whats preventing me from adding the ones with the added codes.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jnevels89 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:

I appreciate the quick feedback however I am not able to delete the original .txt files and I feel like I'm going in circles. Can you explain how to delete .txt files then? This is whats preventing me from adding the ones with the added codes.
Are you logged in as an administrator? You need administrator privileges to delete, add, or modify files in that folder.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
jnevels89
Cell
Cell

rob55rod wrote:
jnevels89 wrote:
rob55rod wrote: Save the modified txt files to your My Documents folder, then move them to their original locations. But backup the original files first!!

Are you logged in as an administrator? You need administrator privileges to delete, add, or modify files in that folder.
yes I assume so because I'm the only user of this computer and it says the account is "administrator". Am I supposed to be running the command prompt? Here's what's weird. I have a version of Spore that I purchased from Origin and can delete those .txt files but I have a separate version of Galactic Heroes and cannot delete those files whatsoever. Does having that info help you asses as to what the problem may be?
jnevels89
Cell
Cell

i did run the command prompt and activated the hidden administrator but it's still not letting me delete it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jnevels89 wrote:i did run the command prompt and activated the hidden administrator but it's still not letting me delete it.
Rename it instead?

jnevels89
Cell
Cell

Never mind I just give up. If I could rename the files I wouldn't be having this problem in the first place. When I try to save the changes I made to the .txt files it says that it cant be saved here and to save them somewhere else. SO I saved them in another folder but cant delete the originals although I have administrative privileges. I attached pictures if that helps
Attachments
2016-01-04.png
2016-01-04 (2).png
2016-01-04 (1).png
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jnevels89 wrote:Never mind I just give up. If I could rename the files I wouldn't be having this problem in the first place. When I try to save the changes I made to the .txt files it says that it cant be saved here and to save them somewhere else. SO I saved them in another folder but cant delete the originals although I have administrative privileges. I attached pictures if that helps
WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO MODIFY THE FILES ON THE DISK???

That would explain it. You're supposed to modify the versions on your hard drive :lol:

jnevels89
Cell
Cell

I don't quite understand? What am I doing wrong then? I have 3 pathways and tried modifying them all. 1) Windows/Program files(x86)/Origin Games/ Spore/Data /Config , 2) Windows/Program files(x86)/ Electronic Arts/ SPORE-EP 1/Data/Config , 3)DVD Drive(D:) SPORE_EP1/Spore/ Data/ Config

None of these methods fixes the no save problem.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jnevels89 wrote:
I don't quite understand? What am I doing wrong then? I have 3 pathways and tried modifying them all. 1) Windows/Program files(x86)/Origin Games/ Spore/Data /Config , 2) Windows/Program files(x86)/ Electronic Arts/ SPORE-EP 1/Data/Config , 3)DVD Drive(D:) SPORE_EP1/Spore/ Data/ Config

None of these methods fixes the no save problem.
Wait, what version of Spore are you using? Disk?

jnevels89
Cell
Cell

I have just regular version of Spore through Origin/EA but got the "free" versions of Galactic Heroes and the Creepy Cute Parts pack. No disc direct download
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jnevels89 wrote:I have just regular version of Spore through Origin/EA but got the "free" versions of Galactic Heroes and the Creepy Cute Parts pack. No disc direct download
Oh. In that case, you should probably be looking in

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Spore Galactic Adventures\Data\Config

jnevels89
Cell
Cell

I didnt buy Galactic Adventures through EA though and I think that may be the problem. I manually installed it years later from a different source. Maybe I cant edit .txt files on cracked software.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

jnevels89 wrote:I didnt buy Galactic Adventures through EA though and I think that may be the problem. I manually installed it years later from a different source. Maybe I cant edit .txt files on cracked software.
Yeah, that would probably do it. Some cracks are just...like that. I suggest you try the Force Save mod, instead of this tweak. It might still work. If not, perhaps you should consider paying $40 or whatever it is now to actually buy the DLCs on Origin .______.

Weiniebut
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Weiniebut »

OMG THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!
Kyuuna
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Kyuuna »

er I hope I'm not necroposting but I tried this fix and it still tells me I can't save the mod parts on a critter the force save mod didn't help either

Edit: I am running Spore on Steam without Galactic Adventures but I have the C+C parts pack

Edit 2: I WOULD buy GA off steam if I had the money for it but I do not...
SporeTopia1337
Cell
Cell

Unread post by SporeTopia1337 »

Yes, it worked for me (did it a year ago), and it was super useful. Just a quick side note, your dir. is for the origin version. The steam version is
32 bit system C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\DataEP1\Config
64 bit system C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Spore\DataEP1\Config
Hope that helps for confused people. :ga:
What do you call a boat with a showcase? A galleyry. :roll:
Chox456
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Chox456 »

How can I allow my non-steam spore to save modded creations? :cry: :di:
Chox456
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Chox456 »

How can i save modded creations in a non steam spore? Force save is not working
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Davo's Mods”