Extending the Unlimited Complexity Mod:

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
DoomGuy
Cell
Cell

Extending the Unlimited Complexity Mod:

Unread post by DoomGuy »

I'm a huge fan of the unlimited complexity mod for Spore, but once you get past the creature stage it becomes something of a hindrance because editors beyond the creature stage retain their complexity meters. Last creature I made, couldn't add anything to it because it was already past the complexity limit; couldn't even save it without adding anything. So, I would like to request an extension to the unlimited complexity mod that encompasses the tribal stage, civilization stage (including vehicle and building editors), and the space stage (including space ship editor). If this is possible, it would be even more awesome than the already awesome unlimited complexity mod.

EDIT: And of course, your captain in Galactic Adventures. Careless of me to forget that.

EDIT MK. II: And somehow I managed to flub the name of the mod itself I'm referring to. Twice careless of me. I blame the sleep deprivation.

This is a signature, and also a self referential statement.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Extending the Unlimited Complexity Mod:

Unread post by Davo »

working on this now.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

can you test the editors for me?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=2434&p=7319
DoomGuy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DoomGuy »

Woah. You work... Fast.

That said, I just installed the updated version and tried out the tribal editor, as well as the captain editor. Neither appear to have had their complexity meters disabled.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i look tonight. any other mistakes?
DoomGuy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DoomGuy »

Oddly enough, the creature editor now has its complexity meter back, which makes me wonder if I installed the mod correctly. Just to be doubly sure, it goes both in Spore's data folder, and Galactic Adventures' data folder, right?

EDIT: Asking in case I missed anything in the guide. Don't think I did, but as the mod's apparently not working, I have to ask.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by grandrice »

It dosen't go in both, just the GA folder
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
DoomGuy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by DoomGuy »

Hmm, tried removing it from the spore data folder, but it didn't make any difference.
SevenStrikes
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SevenStrikes »

Thread necro here...

Any chances you updated a version to work beyond creature stage?

Like the other person I used your mod to make an awesome creation but cannot use it in tribal, etc.
Nudin
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Nudin »

Huge fan of Spore and recently started playing it again. Got the above mod to work however I have been scouting the web to try find a mod that can remove the complexity from Outfitters as well. Saw this thread come up and even though it is from a while ago, was still wondering if anything could be done to create a Mod that allows unlimited complexity in all editors. I know you can get Dark Injections and use there method of pretty much removing the outfitters completely, but I want to know if a mod can be created, like the above one, that works solely on editors and makes them limitless in terms of complexity. Thanks for the help.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Nudin wrote:Huge fan of Spore and recently started playing it again. Got the above mod to work however I have been scouting the web to try find a mod that can remove the complexity from Outfitters as well. Saw this thread come up and even though it is from a while ago, was still wondering if anything could be done to create a Mod that allows unlimited complexity in all editors. I know you can get Dark Injections and use there method of pretty much removing the outfitters completely, but I want to know if a mod can be created, like the above one, that works solely on editors and makes them limitless in terms of complexity. Thanks for the help.
Dark Injection is the mod you're after. Just disable the other features you don't want.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Nudin
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Nudin »

rob55rod wrote:
Nudin wrote:Huge fan of Spore and recently started playing it again. Got the above mod to work however I have been scouting the web to try find a mod that can remove the complexity from Outfitters as well. Saw this thread come up and even though it is from a while ago, was still wondering if anything could be done to create a Mod that allows unlimited complexity in all editors. I know you can get Dark Injections and use there method of pretty much removing the outfitters completely, but I want to know if a mod can be created, like the above one, that works solely on editors and makes them limitless in terms of complexity. Thanks for the help.
Dark Injection is the mod you're after. Just disable the other features you don't want.
It worked! Thank you so much. May the gods bless your kind heart!!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”