Dark Injection & Force Save on STEAM Spore Complete Pack

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
six30two
Cell
Cell

Dark Injection & Force Save on STEAM Spore Complete Pack

Unread post by six30two »

TL;DR - Force Save isn't working, and no matter how I do it I cannot save any of the custom parts from the Dark Injections Mod. I have Spore Complete Pack & Dr. Pepper parts on Steam., but NO other mods installed. Can I get it to work?

So I've spent the last two hours googling, searching forums, etc trying to figure out how to do this. I'm starting to think it's impossible with the Steam version, or something, but since I've found no keyword results with "steam" other than Davo asking if somebody's install was a Steam copy, I figured I'd ask.

I have a Steam install of the Spore Complete Pack - this means that all of the mods are installed into a single folder, which looks like so:
/spore/bp1content
/spore/data/
/spore/DataEP1/
/spore/installers/
/spore/SporeBin/
/spore/sporebinEP1
/support/
misc. files...

I've experimented with every possible distribution of files I can think of. I've slapped them into the plain Data folder, I've slapped them into DataEP1, I've distributed them separately between both, I've had copies of both in both. My results seem to show they -have- to be in DataEP1 to work.

As it stands, I have no other mods besides the 2012_DarkInjections_v.7.0.1.package, Arenas_RDX9.package, and ForceSave.package as far as mods go. I DO have the Dr. Pepper bot parts mod installed (although this seems to overlap with what Dark Injections supplies). For the record, I've tried both with and without the Dr. Pepper parts.

I do not know what version Steam automatically updates to, but Creepy and Cute AND Galactic Adventures are both installed. Again, so are the Dr. Pepper parts. Additionally, listed below are the package files I have that have been distributed with the digital download:
Core Folder:
Data/Locale/en-us/NameGeneration.package
Data/Locale/en-us/Text.package
Data/Locale/en-us/UI.package
data/PatchData.package - 78.544 mb
data/Spore_Audio1.package - 995.129 mb
data/Spore_Audio2.package - 997.444 mb
data/Spore_Content.package - 971.942 mb
data/Spore_Game.package - 19.737 mb
data/Spore_Graphics.package - 920.783 mb
data/Spore_Pack_03.package - 9.357 mb

GA Folder:
dataep1/BP2_Data.package - 3.997 mb
dataep1/Spore_EP1_Content_01.package - 465.387 mb
dataep1/Spore_EP1_Content_02.package - 739.787 mb
dataep1/Spore_EP1_Data.package - 698.843 mb
dataep1/Spore_EP1_Locale_01.package - 3.706 mb
dataep1/Spore_EP1_Locale_02.package - .819 mb

I included the sizes in case somebody can spot an anomaly in my install. No matter what, it won't save custom parts, even with the Forcesave.package installed. Any help out there?
Last edited by six30two on Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

six30two
Cell
Cell

Re: Dark Injection & Force Save (Yeah, another one of these)

UPDATE:

I also tried, in a blind attempt to get something to work, throwing the .package's into Users/User/Appdata/Roaming/Spore/ but had no results.
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by NOPE200000 »

I can help you.
The problem is steam!!!!
If you install spore on steam than it will install patch 5.1 inmidiatly and it forgot the basis of spore.
You have to overwrite the package files of the spore of origin or electronic arts.
Than the mod's will work.
I would like to give you the package files by myself but I can't find a site where you can upload huge files.
If you can find a site like that than I will give you all the package files you need :D
six30two
Cell
Cell

How large is the file?
six30two
Cell
Cell

UPDATE:

Read in the Dark Injection thread that apparently it calls on a specific EP1_PatchData.package to work properly. I don't particularly want to have to pirate and install a second copy of Spore just to get the right data packages. Is anybody able to...

1) Confirm that this is the only missing file, and that implementing it will allow the mod(s) to work properly?
2) Upload their EP1_PatchData.package file?
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Dark Injection & Force Save on STEAM Spore Complete Pack

I have to upload Spore_EP1_Data.package but that file is to big for mediafire.
Can somewane please give me a site where you can upload huge huge files.
(Because I want to upload everything in one).
six30two
Cell
Cell

I put the EP1_PatchData.package into my spore/DataEP1/ folder, along with the ForceSave, Dark Injection core, and both Arena's packages. I still was unable to save creations in any editor that used any custom parts

I tried putting Forcesave alone, as well as along with the EP1_Patchdata packages into the standard spore/Data folder, but also had no results.

I have tried both with and without the Steam community overlay as well - while I know this wouldn't change anything since we're doing diagnostic testing stuff I figured I'd check just to make sure. Leaving no stone unturned.
NOPE200000
Sentient
Sentient

how do you upload fies to davoonline.com
because I now the problem and I have the files but I don't have a site to upload all that big files.
six30two
Cell
Cell

So what I ended up doing was borrowing a copy of Spore and the GA expansion from a friend, installing and patching them in the proper order to get all the correct .package files.

I then backed up the ones that Steam had installed with the "complete edition", then copied over the .package files from the friend's installed copies. Dark Injection is now working properly. I am going to playtest it for awhile to make sure I didn't lose anything (I may have copied some things over into the wrong folder?).

I would be very interested in getting the mod working with the Steam version, since I do have all of the correct original files, if that's something you'd be interested in as well. Let me know.

If I could just request a list of the .package files that are supposed to be in the Data and EP1_Data folders to verify I have the correct files, that would be fantastic. :)

I noticed in particular that the Steam download adds a new EP1_Locale02.package that the traditional install didn't add. I removed that, and things appear to be working correctly upon cursory inspection. I also noticed that, now that the correct .package files are in place, the fonts were changed. Fonts were NOT changing with the steam package files installed.

EDIT:
To save you the trouble, I will list the package files I NOW have, the ones I copied over from the traditional install. If someone (Davo?) could verify that they are the correct package files and that I do not have something I shouldn't have, that would be great.

spore/data/
- PatchData.package
- Spore_Audio1.package
- Spore_Audio2...
- Spore_Content...
- Spore_Game...
- Spore_Graphics...
- Spore_Pack_03...

spore/DataEP1
- Dark Injection and Darkspore packages, Forcesave
- BP2_Data (from Creepy and Cute, I assume?)
- EP1_PatchData...
- Spore_EP1_Content01...
- Spore_EP1_Content02...
- Spore_EP1_Data...
- Spore_EP1_Locale_01...
None
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by None »

cool
ImageImageImageImageImage
I love Willosaur (aka Tripod) Image
tristen2569
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by tristen2569 »

and the parts are invisable! :(
i dont know why?
i put dark spore data folders in the spore and there still invisable?
and the ulimaty complex
when i do test drive the screen is all stuffed up!

does anyone have a dark spore data folder download?
kyozo43
Cell
Cell

Unread post by kyozo43 »

*bump* I have Spore: Complete Pack on steam ... I've downloaded both Bot Parts (manually dragged the .package files) and installed the DarkInjections mod (again, manually ... that's the only way to do it)

However, I can't save. I need a forcesave mod that works with the steam version of spore. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!
Vampireelf
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Vampireelf »

Well i have a steam copy too, and the mod and custom parts work fine, but i guess i need a way to force save too. Otherwise it looks fine and all the parts are there.
emd
Admin
Admin

Unread post by emd »

In the Spore .xml there are some mention of folders that don't exist.
The music files are so big because is special music. There are .pd, PURE DATA. They are dinamyc music, so are very big. There are programs for change the Pure Data archives, but it's very difficult.
Spore Modding Tools:
[list]
[*] SporeModder FX
[*] SporeModder Blender Addons
[*] Spore ModAPI SDK[/list]
omegaxeraimus
Cell
Cell

Unread post by omegaxeraimus »

So I myself was having issues with saving with the Dark Injections mod on Steam! But, thankfully I was witty enough to figure out how to fix that problem!

All you need to do is take your original spore
PatchData.package copy and paste it into the Galactic adventures data folder and you should be able to save any dark injection part with out fail!

caution though some of the interface looks screwed up after you reload spore galactic adventures. But who cares?! You can save amazing critters now!

Now spread the word! And don't forget to tell them who told you how to fix said issue. ;>
God of monsters the next big thing to happen to the kaiju world!
Dark lord derpy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Dark lord derpy »

omegaxeraimus wrote:So I myself was having issues with saving with the Dark Injections mod on Steam! But, thankfully I was witty enough to figure out how to fix that problem!

All you need to do is take your original spore
PatchData.package copy and paste it into the Galactic adventures data folder and you should be able to save any dark injection part with out fail!

caution though some of the interface looks screwed up after you reload spore galactic adventures. But who cares?! You can save amazing critters now!

Now spread the word! And don't forget to tell them who told you how to fix said issue. ;>

This did not work for me, the patch data from the "data" folder correct? Im not getting any kind of interface glitch and I cant save my DI creatures
DuskSpark
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by DuskSpark »

Yeah, the above "fix" doesn't work for me either, even when trying it in different methods (like changing it with the download linked above and changing names, etc).
I wonder exactly how different the Steam version is to not let the force save work, yet other mods work perfectly fine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”