Spore ModAPI Launcher

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Grimreepr
Hatchling
Hatchling

Spore ModAPI Launcher

Unread post by Grimreepr »

I had the Steam version of the Spore game, however, it constantly crashed on startup so I refunded the purchase and bought it on GoG games. After I bought it on GoG games and logged in, I remembered going through this whole song and dance before withthe crappy steam version and I had then bought it on the Origin service. So now I have Origin spore, and GoG games spore. However, when I try to run the Spore ModAPI Launcher, it takes me to the steam version and wants me to re-install the game. How do I point the Spore ModAPI Launcher to either the origin version or the GoG games version and NOT that dumb steam version?

vanillacold

Re: Spore ModAPI Launcher

Unread post by vanillacold »

You can't have multiple copies of Spore installed.
You must uninstall all mods, backup %appdata%\Spore and Documents\My Spore Creations, uninstall all copies of Spore, and then install only the GOG version.

You could use Steam Spore or Origin Spore instead, but the GOG version is the best; both for modding, and in general.
(Steam Spore only recently has started working with the Launcher Kit, the EA Desktop app struggles to install Spore properly, and both copies have DRM that can prevent you playing the game under certain circumstances (e.g, if the respective launcher isn't running))
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”