Global planet sculpting help

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
Security-Bot500
Cell
Cell

Global planet sculpting help

Unread post by Security-Bot500 »

I've been trying to remake planets on a global scale with some custom terrasculpting tools.
Things like the old convert a planet to Earth/Mars/Moon/etc mods present in betterspore... It works whenever it uses a planet template that is already defined in the pfx (like the solar system terrestrial planets and cube worlds), ones that invert, sink, raise or otherwise place a deformation on the surface. But I can't figure out how you go about converting a whole planet into one procedurally generated by the game such as ones covered with stitches or scales or especially those ant farm/circuit style planets that I rarely come across.

I've found their .prop templates and have imported the deformations listed in them into custom effects with little success. I can't for the life of me figure out how to work with them without causing a complete hash of the planet's surface, or nothing at all appearing.

(on a side note is there any way to get said sculpts to save when they're placed, all my cube worlds revert back when entering the world again)

Why are you reading this, unbeliever? :evil:
lol I don't like spoders but I like their phrases.
jacquelinehagemann
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Global planet sculpting help

Unread post by jacquelinehagemann »

Security-Bot500 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:49 pm I've been trying to remake planets on a global scale with some custom terrasculpting tools.
Things like the old convert a planet to Earth/Mars/Moon/etc mods present in betterspore... bloxorz It works whenever it uses a planet template that is already defined in the pfx (like the solar system terrestrial planets and cube worlds), ones that invert, sink, raise or otherwise place a deformation on the surface. But I can't figure out how you go about converting a whole planet into one procedurally generated by the game such as ones covered with stitches or scales or especially those ant farm/circuit style planets that I rarely come across.

I've found their .prop templates and have imported the deformations listed in them into custom effects with little success. I can't for the life of me figure out how to work with them without causing a complete hash of the planet's surface, or nothing at all appearing.

(on a side note is there any way to get said sculpts to save when they're placed, all my cube worlds revert back when entering the world again)
I also don't know how anyone could convert an entire planet into a procedurally generated game planet. If you know it, please share it with me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”