Dovakraw head renders everything wrong outside of editor

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=174
CosmicGlowsticks
Cell
Cell

Dovakraw head renders everything wrong outside of editor

Unread post by CosmicGlowsticks »

If I place anything NEAR the head, the object will render under and behind where it is supposed to be.
Nothing can fix it, I've tried everything I can think of. Placing the eyes on another object placed on the head, didn't work.
Placed eyes on another object UNDER the head attached to the body. Didn't work.
Placed the eyes on ANTOHER head under the main head. Didn't work.
It's like this bug is intelligent and has the sole purpose of ruining my day.
Attachments
What I'm getting (out of editor appearance, i.e in adventures, preview, etc)
What I'm getting (out of editor appearance, i.e in adventures, preview, etc)
Screenshot 2023-01-03 144757.jpg (4.68 KiB) Viewed 4152 times
What it SHOULD look like (in editor appearance)
What it SHOULD look like (in editor appearance)
Screenshot 2023-01-03 144617.jpg (4.42 KiB) Viewed 4152 times

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: Dovakraw head renders everything wrong outside of editor

Unread post by Davo »

where exactly do they go....?
street_legal_b17
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by street_legal_b17 »

Can confirm
editor
editor
ingame
ingame
1a.png (118.01 KiB) Viewed 3373 times
A lot of the DI parts have a scaling issue apparently, so it could be the mouth, the eyes, or both. This has been invasive enough for me that I also made a post about it. Its especially atrocious with horns and curved objects. (I'm kinda going insane actually)

I know you said you already tried workarounds, but maybe you could try using an invisible frame in the limbs panel?
editor
editor
ingame
ingame
You'll definitely have to make it quite bug-eyed-- and try to adjust the eyes' tilt and pitch before you put them on the rods,or they'll snap back to symmetry and turn backwards since the rods are spun inward. Then save and go check in the sporepedia to see how it really looks.

Hope this helps until there's a fix
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

I also noticed it, seeing that the mouth was smiling outside the editor and not inside, it made me tilt, I also saw that the eyes were sunk inside, because the head was a little more fat!

I am using the 2012 version while waiting to clear things up with the installation of the ModAPI Launcher.
From what I see, the problem still could not be resolved on the latest version :( .
I also noticed another problem, but I don't know if it was fixed on this latest version? It's about the effects, like the flames, they are not as good quality outside the editor and when they have a streak, outside the editor it makes a big ball of light, another one, several halos, the effects don't have the same overview outside the editor. Others, asymmetrical or invisible!
I'm going to make it a topic...
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”