ModAPI Compromised

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

ModAPI Compromised

Unread post by fungus3 »

The ModAPI update has been infected! HALP
97867yu78.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ReaperGamerYT
Creature
Creature

Re: ModAPI Compromised

Unread post by ReaperGamerYT »

sus behavior
I am nab
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

It's most-likely a false positive, unless a virus or something infected the file on your computer.

The Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit injecting code into another program (Spore) is seen by antiviruses as malware-esque behaviour, which makes sense considering that many viruses (and other malware) do the same thing. So, the antivirus thinks that the Launcher Kit is a virus when, in reality, it's just a false-positive.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

i agree. More than likely you have had a windows update which increased your security. Programs will show as risky if they have the ability to manipulate files, which is why you downloaded it in the first place. Most tools like cheat engine or other "trainers" will trigger the same effect.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”