Better/Refined 3D Models

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
MisterGriimm
Hatchling
Hatchling

Better/Refined 3D Models

Unread post by MisterGriimm »

Howdy folks!

I'm a 3D artist, one of the things I notice with spore is the lack of detailed models. I'd like to create some better looking part models. Mostly making curved items truly curved (rather than lowpoly angular cuts) - the problem is that I have little to no programming experience.

I'm looking to partner with someone who does have that experience modding spore. Not sure who this will reach, but figured I'd ask just in case :)

ReaperGamerYT
Creature
Creature

Re: Better/Refined 3D Models

Unread post by ReaperGamerYT »

MisterGriimm wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:40 pm Howdy folks!

I'm a 3D artist, one of the things I notice with spore is the lack of detailed models. I'd like to create some better looking part models. Mostly making curved items truly curved (rather than lowpoly angular cuts) - the problem is that I have little to no programming experience.

I'm looking to partner with someone who does have that experience modding spore. Not sure who this will reach, but figured I'd ask just in case :)
i suggest you join the davo discord server you will have better chances finding people there i think
I am nab
vanillacold

Re: Better/Refined 3D Models

Unread post by vanillacold »

MisterGriimm wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:40 pm Howdy folks!
Howdy!
Fortunately, you don't need any programming experience at all, just Sporemodder FX and the Sporemodder Blender Addons.
Although due to how Spore works, high-poly part models can cause a lot of issues such as game crashes, since Spore can only allocate a maximum of 4 GB of RAM due to being 32-bit.
And also, it'll be incredibly costly on disc space since every Spore creation model gets "baked" into a single model file and stored in a graphics cache.
Unfortunately, I won't able to help you since I'm busy nowadays, so I recommend asking this on the Spore Modding Community Discord server instead since that server's pretty active.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”