FIXED Captain's log crash BUG

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
Alesko_Prime
Hatchling
Hatchling

FIXED Captain's log crash BUG

Unread post by Alesko_Prime »

Hello everyone.
This is not a topic to ask for help on the game crashing when you open the captain's journal or the impossibility of naming your captain (write UNKNOWN etc in the timeline) This is a topic to explain how to solve this problem.
I myself had this problem, and during several days of research I found how to solve it, here is:

It's not a game or :di: bug, it's due to your antivirus, for my part Avast, which prevents lancherAPI from modifying certain game files such as the name of the captain, causing bugs
Go to your antivirus and put GA/SPORE/LANCHERAPI as an exception to any scan of your antivirus, this should normally solve the related problem(s)!

rstreamflower
Cell
Cell

Re: FIXED Captain's log crash BUG

Unread post by rstreamflower »

I have a similar problem. When I try to play adventures, or access the creature editor on Space Stage my game keeps crashing!

P.S. I made my spore API launcher an exception to mt Antivirus scan. Hope it works!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”