(Please close spore and reopen it through the spore modapi launcher) on GOG

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
mishadudikov
Cell
Cell

(Please close spore and reopen it through the spore modapi launcher) on GOG

Unread post by mishadudikov »

Upgraded nephew to a new computer , and ran in to this problem.

GOG version from an offline install , starts and runs just fine.
( 3 install files, Pretty sure that installs Galactic adventures ).

Then spore modapi and dark injection mod ( he cannot live without it )
and then i get
(Please close spore and reopen it through the spore modapi launcher) which i am doing.

Always worked before, even tried uninstall the dark injections mod and modapi(just delete ore rename the install folder) ,
and tried not upgrade modapi when it asks ( though might be a bug in new version) ,
and same again with uninstall and reinstall spore. basically tried all i can think of .
even cleared all spore stuff from user folder.
tried win 7,8 compatability on spore exe( but standalone spore runs without needing that)
(all of this running from an user in admin group, not actual administrator account)

(Short of installing versionsof windows in a kvm virtual machine and
trying all permutations of install order, which would take some time even with proper
cloning and rollbacks)

Only difference is this version of windows 10 is home edition vs the pro(edu) before.

And maybe the order of when i run windows debloater .
https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater

Is there any dependencies that need to be satisfied for modapi or dark injections ?
like particular version of .net runtimes or c++ runtimes ?

Edit: just tried on a laptop that had working GOG spore and same issue without without debloater.
(is it the latest windows updates that are doing this ?)

thank you

any help appreciated

PS:Nephew cannot go back to spore without dark injections , and it will
set him up on an irreparable path in his life if this is not fixed :)

mishadudikov
Cell
Cell

--SOLVED--

Unread post by mishadudikov »

The only info i found about this problem came from
viewtopic.php?t=6885

where it is casually mentioned/implied that spore modAPI or dark injections itself might be dependant on

Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable
or
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable
(which might not be an automatic install, as i just witnessed on multiple win10 computers)

After installing x86 and x64 versions of MSVC++2013 Redistributable situation did not change(same error)(no go)

But after installing x86 and x64 versions of MSVC++2015 Redistributable, (no more error)(go go go) and dark injection seems to be working
(need my nephew to fully test it out, but so far so good)(EDIT: seems only x86 version is needed)

(and not "windows debloater"s fault, as second computer was without it, and it does not seem to touch vc++ redist )

So it would be nice if there is a mention of this on the install pages.
As it seems like a dependency that , dark injections, or maybe even all of sporemodAPI will not work correctly without !!!

Thank you

PS: Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable ( does not seem to work, as i had it installed for dolphin)
dark injection or sporemodAPI wants Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.

PPS: seems my (Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable ) was only a x64 version.
as spore is and old game, and 32bit only? x86 version might work but did not test.

PPPS:(Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 Redistributable ) is a separate package and not 2015 trough 2019
install of redisstributables.
LordOTFlightless
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: (Please close spore and reopen it through the spore modapi launcher) on GOG

Unread post by LordOTFlightless »

So I tried the solution and it say it was already installed? My issue is that it literally just doesn't start up the game, I get the dialogue window and then nothing else. Thoughts anyone?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”