How to mod? Penalty for death, relation decreases without tools

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
andreas_indeed
Hatchling
Hatchling

How to mod? Penalty for death, relation decreases without tools

Unread post by andreas_indeed »

Hi, so I'm trying to mod spore with Sporemaster 2.0

My goal is to mod space stage in a way that diplomacy becomes more difficult but also rewarding.

What I already figured out is a relationship debuff with nearby aliens when placing a colony by making it break the galactic code in a small way. I just added
<float name="toolGalacticRelationshipDelta">-1</float>
<float name="toolGalacticRelationshipRadius">10</float>
to the placecolony prop file.

Now this doesn't work for taking over systems / destroying systems, because these aren't tools and simply adding that messes up everything.

What I would like to accomplish but don't know how to:

- Decrease relations with nearby alien races in regular intervals, just so they get more angry as time passes. This makes it so you need to keep up if you don't want wars / want allies.
- Decrease relations with nearby alien races when destroying / capturing a system.
- Relations penalty with nearby aliens upon death

I'm pretty sure the other tweaks I have in mind I can do on my own.

Also: Is there any way to see how the files you can mod in sporemaster actually interact with the game? e.g. in the spacenpcai prop file (under gametuning) there's a list of integers like <int32s name="attackWeightsNormal"> with many different integers, most of them being 0. Is there any way to find out what they actually do without starting the game and hoping to notice a difference? If I knew how those files interacted I would have an easier time figuring these things out.

Thank you for reading! I appreciate any help / confirmation if this isn't possible.

-Andreas

vanillacold

Re: How to mod? Penalty for death, relation decreases without tools

Unread post by vanillacold »

Sporemaster is a depricated modding tool - you should use Sporemodder FX instead for creating package mod.
As for adding that functionality to Spore, you'll probably need to use the Spore ModAPI Development Kit, since you can create custom C++ code for Spore using that.

And for the last question, Sporemodder FX allows you to pack mods with "debug information", which allows some files such as models to be changed and update in real-time.
However, this doesn't apply to .prop files, so you'll still need to modify the value and restart Spore to check if it changes anything.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
andreas_indeed
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by andreas_indeed »

Thank you, that seems to be exactly what I needed!
angelion
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by angelion »

I have the same question, thank you for this post, I got the answer.

duck life
tracyberge
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by tracyberge »

To mod games on DavoOnline.com, including addressing penalties for death and decreasing relations without tools, you can follow these general steps:

1. Visit the DavoOnline.com website from and navigate to the "Forum" section.
2. Explore the "Gaming Forum" where you can find discussions and content related to modding games like Spore, Darkspore, Rogue Company, Command and Conquer, and more.
3. Look for specific threads or topics related to the game you want to mod. These threads often contain information, tutorials, and resources shared by the community.
4. Read through the discussions and tutorials to understand the modding process and the specific changes you want to make, such as penalties for death and decreasing relations without tools.
5. Depending on the game, you may need to download modding tools or utilities specific to that game. These tools enable you to modify the game's code, assets, or settings.
6. Follow the instructions provided by the modders in the forum to install and use the modding tools effectively.
7. Once you have the necessary tools and resources, you can start modding the game based on the changes you desire. This may involve altering game files, scripting, or utilizing modding frameworks specific to the game.
8. Test your mod in the game to ensure it functions as intended and addresses penalties for death and decreases relations without tools, as mentioned in your query.
9. Share your mod with the community by posting about it in the relevant forum thread or creating a new thread if needed. Provide details, instructions, and any necessary files or links for others to download and install your mod. Candy Crush
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”