Custom spice icons for system and planet tooltips

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Ahkvenir
Hatchling
Hatchling

Custom spice icons for system and planet tooltips

Unread post by Ahkvenir »

Hello, I'm making a custom spice mod and have created some custom icons for them. I got these icons to work in the trading menu, and the game's default icons from the ufotools~ folder also work within the ship's cargo bay. However I have not been able to change the icons used for the planet and system tooltips that show up when hovering the mouse over them. I've opened up and dissected various other spice mods including Interstellar Industries, but it doesn't look like those mods have found a way to do this either. Does anyone know how this can be done from SporeModder FX or possibly the Mod API?
Thanks!

vanillacold

Re: Custom spice icons for system and planet tooltips

Unread post by vanillacold »

With Sporemodder FX, it's impossible since the SPUIs for planet and system tooltips use a pre-set image, instead of the image used for a planet's spice.
It should be possible using the Spore ModAPI Development Kit, though you'd most-likely need to detour whatever loads those tooltips to replace the icons with that of the planet's spice.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”