Can't deinstall Spore on Origin; Network play problem

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
GregSmack
Hatchling
Hatchling

Can't deinstall Spore on Origin; Network play problem

Unread post by GregSmack »

So my problem is tracing very far back.
Originally I bought Spore + GA + CaC back in 2017. I played it sometimes and now I installed it again and wanted to use mods. I installed 4K texture mod and everything was working fine. Expect the online features. Everytime I start the game (no difference between Spore and GA): "Network play disabled". I didn't thought about it because I played only for a few days now.

So I remembered back in the day when I played spore in 2009 how fun the online content was.
I wanted to activate it. Oh boy here it begins..

There were error messages when trying to register or login.
So i went to spore.com, clicked on "Log In" and put in my EA Detais. Worked. It shows me my email top right on the spore.com website

Now it just has to work in-game too..

I read through dozens of posts online how to connect to servers via steam. I tried literally EVERYTHING:
Steam CD key:
Spore had none
GA had a key
CaC had none

Contacting EA support:
After hours texting with the friendly support I got Spore in my origin account. But still didn't work. I Registered GA via the steam CD key and installed spore and GA in Origin. I didn't know that it was not good to have two spores installed on my pc.

Deleting "Login.prop" in %ROAMING% Helped that there is no "Network play disabled" pop up anymore.

I thought maybe i got a new key from EA and tried to find out the true steam CD key via the registry. Didn't worked.
Then I gave up and saw that everything works like a charm if only ONE spore version is installed (Origin or Steam) and if one buys the "creature creator" from EA.
One doesn't have yo install it, just buying it will work apparently. I payed EA the 4€ and now wanted to deinstall everything spore related, then reinstall via origin.
Well everything deinstalls perfectly, (mods, dlcs) expect the core Spore game on Origin.

It doesn't open a window or anything when trying to uninstall, it does nothing. I tried to deinstall via "Windows programs" , didn't work.
Then I cleaned the registry and tried to uninstall via CC cleaner, also doesn't work.

I don't know what to do now and I am really exhausted from this.. :(

vanillacold

Re: Can't deinstall Spore on Origin; Network play problem

Unread post by vanillacold »

GregSmack wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:18 am [snip]
You need to uninstall Spore using REVO Uninstaller when Origin fails miserably at its job:
To manually uninstall the game, please use a tool called REVO to completely uninstall the game.

You can download and install REVO by following the link below:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_fr ... nload.html

Once we download and install REVO go head and start up the program and follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the [Spore] Icon, select the option to Uninstall
2. Once we select the Uninstall, go ahead and select the Advanced bubble and click Next
3. It will now uninstall [Spore] and then scan for left over Registry files
4. Make sure only to check the BOLD Registry Files and then select the option to Delete them
5. Click Next
6. It will now scan for left of files and when can press Select All and then press Delete to remove them
7. Click Next or Finish
(repeat the above for all Spore expansions)
8. We can now close out of the REVO program

If you no longer want REVO on your computer you can always uninstall it by following the instructions below:
1. Click on your Start Menu
2. Go to All Programs or Programs
3. Locate REVO Uninstaller
4. From REVO Uninstaller select Uninstall REVO Uninstaller
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
GregSmack
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Can't deinstall Spore on Origin; Network play problem

Unread post by GregSmack »

vanillacold wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:30 am
GregSmack wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:18 am [snip]
You need to uninstall Spore using REVO Uninstaller when Origin fails miserably at its job:
To manually uninstall the game, please use a tool called REVO to completely uninstall the game.

You can download and install REVO by following the link below:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_fr ... nload.html

Once we download and install REVO go head and start up the program and follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the [Spore] Icon, select the option to Uninstall
2. Once we select the Uninstall, go ahead and select the Advanced bubble and click Next
3. It will now uninstall [Spore] and then scan for left over Registry files
4. Make sure only to check the BOLD Registry Files and then select the option to Delete them
5. Click Next
6. It will now scan for left of files and when can press Select All and then press Delete to remove them
7. Click Next or Finish
(repeat the above for all Spore expansions)
8. We can now close out of the REVO program

If you no longer want REVO on your computer you can always uninstall it by following the instructions below:
1. Click on your Start Menu
2. Go to All Programs or Programs
3. Locate REVO Uninstaller
4. From REVO Uninstaller select Uninstall REVO Uninstaller
Wow thanks, that worked like a charm!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”