Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
nyghtlyterror
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by nyghtlyterror »

also, is there a way to *uninstall* it? if i can't play modded, i still wanna play

CaptainCuttlefish
Cell
Cell

Unread post by CaptainCuttlefish »

heyo! first post on this site, haha
so steam was glitched so i uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. i only just reinstalled spore (core, ga and cc) and reinstalled the spore modapi thingy. i then reinstalled dark injections. but when i try to launch spore though the mod launcher, i keep getting this
file:///C:/Users/sadie/OneDrive/Documents/Lightshot/annoying.png
help please!! i want to make weird creatures again >:(((
Attachments
annoying.png
annoying.png
Thetheninjagummybear
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Thetheninjagummybear »

CaptainCuttlefish wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 am heyo! first post on this site, haha
so steam was glitched so i uninstalled it, then reinstalled it. i only just reinstalled spore (core, ga and cc) and reinstalled the spore modapi thingy. i then reinstalled dark injections. but when i try to launch spore though the mod launcher, i keep getting this
I'm having this same problem! I've successfully used this program on my computer before, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit: I just tried launching again and it's working with no issue. I didn't do anything to fix it, so not sure what caused it to work again.
CaptainCuttlefish
Cell
Cell

Thetheninjagummybear wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:58 am
CaptainCuttlefish wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 am heyo! first post on this site, haha
I'm having this same problem! I've successfully used this program on my computer before, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Edit: I just tried launching again and it's working with no issue. I didn't do anything to fix it, so not sure what caused it to work again.
lucky you, haha! i still cant launch so .. yeah, help would be appreciated
SourIsStupid
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SourIsStupid »

When I try to launch the API I get a pop up saying "update check failed" and then the one other people are getting but it says "System.UnauthorizedAccessException access to the path is denied" and now when I try to run it it says "Please close Spore" even though the game is not open. Running as admin didn't change anything, nor did restarting my computer. I have the game and DLC on the EA App.
Hallows Elf
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Hallows Elf »

Same exact problem here, same error message. Made an account to bump this for a solution.
CaptainCuttlefish
Cell
Cell

Hallows Elf wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:27 pm
Same exact problem here, same error message. Made an account to bump this for a solution.
hope all goes well for you! it suddenly worked for me haha - although NOW i have a problem with my previous creatures (mostly di ones) not being editable, because of "core spore not being installed", but ill have to go somewhere else to ask for help
thanks anyway!
Hallows Elf
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Hallows Elf »

CaptainCuttlefish wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:01 am
Hallows Elf wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:27 pm
hope all goes well for you! it suddenly worked for me haha - although NOW i have a problem with my previous creatures (mostly di ones) not being editable, because of "core spore not being installed", but ill have to go somewhere else to ask for help
thanks anyway!

God speed haha, I just axed my API mods for now so I can still play, rip all my Dark Spore critters they will be missed.
CaptainCuttlefish
Cell
Cell

welp, victory didnt last long..
so i reinstalled a bunch of mods
but NOW it wont load!

i get "error 5" - and i cant send pictures for some reason because it wont show them

help?????
Pantapod
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Pantapod »

The launcher was working fine before i updated it does anyone know why when i updated it it stopped working????????????????????
HELP SPOR E MO D A PI LAUCNHEr WONT WORK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA‼️‼️‼️
Endy
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Endy »

Hello, I am trying to help My Fiancee and after installing Dark Injection on Windows 11 on a copy of the game from the EA App we are met with this error.
Does anyone have a solution?

FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

Given the many errors that this application can cause, I am very hesitant to install it, and I am afraid to do so at the risk of no longer being able to play the game.

But I still wanted to try to install it, I clicked on ''install'', the installation was done without problem ''at the beginning'', and then, an error message from the computer appeared: ''ModApi.InterimSetup has stopped working''' I started again, but it does it every time. So, I tried to re-download the ModAPI by deleting all previously downloaded API-related files, and there it was different, but still that damn :evil: error message. And with that, the installation didn't happen at all, the window closed after this message!
I was told:
:arrow: This issue happens for some people unfortunately. I've seen that removing all of the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit's files and reinstalling a clean copy will fix this issue, though.
But I didn't get a response after asking the following:
- So if I make a copy of these downloaded files, if it can avoid this error, is there a recommended/required location on the computer to make sure it works? Whether for the copy or not?

Can we choose our Language on it? Then if the installation is successful but I can't get it to work at all for some reason, is the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit uninstallable? I guess so, but I wonder if it won't uninstall the game at the same time? That seems like a stupid question!

So I'll install it ''maybe'' around the time I finally get my answers, like all the other people who are waiting for help too! But when? :?

I saw that I was the only one on this subject, to have it on disk.
Last edited by FrenchSPORE on Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
furbyfleas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by furbyfleas »

Spore apparently won't close, and this is an error message I keep getting whenever I restart my device to try and fix it. I don't know what I did to mess it up, I've used modAPI for awhile now without having any issues...

Seems like everyone is getting issues right now, sucks... Hope this can be fixed soon!
Attachments
Screenshot (294).png
Sharples65
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Sharples65 »

Nevermind
MissKoboyashi
Cell
Cell

Unread post by MissKoboyashi »

For me its this in particular, and yes I am on Arch Linux.

ToasterTrudel
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ToasterTrudel »

Can someone help me? when I open spore with the modapi launcher, everything is fine up until the title screen, when it says; "Please open spore using the modapi launcher. if you are then contact the davoonline forums" and I have. I just want to play a game that I have loved for years. I don't know know if the fact that I am using steam is changing anything or not. I just want to play spore. I am so unbelievable pissed off right now. And the reason i am replying to some random post is becase i cant figure out how to post and i am so fucking mad.
Leafar2317
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Leafar2317 »

Hello I am having troubles opening the modapi, I installed it on my D drive and I am using an admin user but not running it as an admin. I bought the game from GOG with all the expansions, the game and expansions are located on the same drive but on a different folder. Is there a way to fix the error?
CosmicGlowsticks
Cell
Cell

Unread post by CosmicGlowsticks »

Hi! My entire game just broke. I use the steam version. Here's a basic timeline:
-I notice the heat ray is missing from all of the stores. I exit the game and validate the files.
-1 file fails to validate. I try to open the game.
-Launcher says galactic adventures can't be found and to give the directory manually. I direct it to SporebinEP1.
-I now get an error saying conscript failed, the pathway is missing or corrupt. There is no way to change it again.
-I reinstall the launcher entirely. Error still occurs.
-I revalidate everything. The entirety of OG spore failed to validate somehow. Error still occurs.
-It spontaneously started working again, not sure what I did to fix it other than reinstall galactic adventures a third time.
-The heat ray is still gone.

How can I fix this and get my heat ray? I've restarted this save like 5 times and I REALLY don't want to restart it again after finally getting it Perfect(tm) and getting to space stage.

Please help me, I have no idea what to do.
FrenchSPORE
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by FrenchSPORE »

-My entire game just broke.
I know next to nothing about it, but maybe I can give an idea that might help.
-If you've made a copy of all your backups, try comparing them with the ones you have now, and see if you're missing any file(s). If you are, try adding them.
-Or you forgot to install the patch :patch1.5:
-I notice the heat ray is missing from all of the stores.
Perhaps you haven't progressed far enough in the Space Phase :roll: :?:
I'm French, sorry if there are sentences or words that may seem confusing once translated, or other errors... :?

I play the game disk version, on Windows 7.
I have all the game's expansions and it is up to date.

I have Spore Hero too.
Cooleatack
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Cooleatack »

Hi, I have an error with my mods. Could someone help me figure out what is wrong?

Edit: I also tried uninstalling all mods, but is still does this. I have to manually close Spore Galactic advendures through task manager as it is running [suspended]. I have no idea how to fix this, so any help is appreciated. I would like to run this game with all the creative mods.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-08-28 130323.png
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”