My Personal Mod Ideas (Feel free to comment)

The place for mod discussions and seeking out information about Spore modding.
Forum rules
Can't get a mod to work?
Try these... FIRST!

http://www.davoonline.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=6
oliverrook
Hatchling
Hatchling

My Personal Mod Ideas (Feel free to comment)

Unread post by oliverrook »

So, I'm using this thread to keep track of my own personal ideas for mods I may or may not make. I'm not currently acknowledging the limits of the current Modding API, these are just ideas I have, possible or not currently. (And with enough time and access to the code of the game, anything is technically possible. Even things that are hard-coded can be changed, it just requires much much more effort and requires changing the way the code works.)
I will update this over time as I come up with ideas.
Also, a lot of my ideas may be very similar to things already out there, but with my own twist, such as having things people mod into the game cost something in game.
And with that, here's the list.
- Spice Hub (Sends spices from nearby systems to itself)
- City Expansion Permit (Allows a City to be expanded farther than normal.)
- City Founding Permit (Allows placemant of additional cities.)
- Spice Cargo Hold (Allows for extended spice stacks, up to 500, and allows up to 5 spices to be stored without needing cargo space.)
- A laser like tool that lets you carve things onto planets (Knowing how spore works, this may actually be one of the most ambitious things on this list)
- Proper Shielding that uses energy rather than simply making you invincible for a while.
- Energy Regen for ships (Not 100% on how this could be balanced yet.)
- A 3rd party sporepedia, specifically for special editors people have/are/might make, like one for plants, planets, ect. As well as for cells. (98% sure this will never happen but I'll write it down anyways. Probably THE most ambitious thing on this list. Apparently this is actually being researched right now. Hope it comes out well.)
- Factory TYPES, aka factories that have certain different effects (Like one that doesn't effect happiness but has lower production rate, one that effects happiness even more has higher production rates)
- Factory Types that make different products.
- Fruit Types (For creature stage), give different effects, or maybe a certain amount of DNA.
- Additional Controllable Ships Per Fleet. Aka the ability to have ships that you control at the same time as your own/do the same thing/target the same thing as yours.
Last edited by oliverrook on Fri May 08, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OpiatePusher69
Cell
Cell

Re: My Personal Mod Ideas (Feel free to comment)

Unread post by OpiatePusher69 »

Tbh I am scared that they will soon do something similar to Darkspore... If they shut down the servers that would mean the end of shared creativity :cry: However an external website similar to sporepedia that would host users' pngs would secure the community for the future and might even include DI creations, planets, saves... Maybe that would be better than an actual in-game .package or .sporemod mod?
OpiatePusher69
Cell
Cell

Unread post by OpiatePusher69 »

Hey, wouldn't it be cool if there were different factory types that would produce different goods? I'm bored of the spice and the only mod I know that tries to do something more creative than spice overhaul is the interstellar industries..
oliverrook
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by oliverrook »

OpiatePusher69 wrote:Hey, wouldn't it be cool if there were different factory types that would produce different goods? I'm bored of the spice and the only mod I know that tries to do something more creative than spice overhaul is the interstellar industries..
I was thinking about that. Might actually do something like that, but it would require more planning than I was ready to do in the first post.
OpiatePusher69 wrote:Tbh I am scared that they will soon do something similar to Darkspore... If they shut down the servers that would mean the end of shared creativity :cry: However an external website similar to sporepedia that would host users' pngs would secure the community for the future and might even include DI creations, planets, saves... Maybe that would be better than an actual in-game .package or .sporemod mod?
If they shut down the servers, it would devestate the community no matter what, but yes, having a community server could help it get back on its feet at least partially. The only real way I can see this happening tho, is if somebody other than me was willing to host such a server. Because as I am, I can definitely not afford to set something like that up.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

There's already research underway regarding community servers for Spore, FYI. (Darkspore too, but that's beside the point)
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Discussion”