The Cell Stage's hidden "World_Random".

Looking to just have a conversation about Spore? Come join in on the many topics or start a new one!
vanillacold

The Cell Stage's hidden "World_Random".

Unread post by vanillacold »

As some of you may know, there exists an unused part of the Cell Stage known as "World_Random" in the game's files.
Unfortunately, I was unable to make a mod which restores it, as SporeModder doesn't seem to pack WORLD files. However, you can use Cheat Engine to bypass this limitation by changing the memory value which tracks your current CS level to World_Random, but the game softlocks if you get too far.

The cells seen in World_Random are player-made cells instead of normal cells, and you can also find cells which are larger than Epic cells, which I've nicknamed "Hyper-Epic" Cells.

What would've this been used for, though? An "Endless" mode for the cell stage? A hidden level for people who decided to continue after completing the cell stage? Please tell me what you think it would've been used for.

Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Re: The Cell Stage's hidden "World_Random".

Unread post by Darhagonable »

this is really interesting! would be cool if one managed to activate it through a mod at some point
vanillacold

Re: The Cell Stage's hidden "World_Random".

Unread post by vanillacold »

Also, could someone from the Cell Mod Boiz Discord share the instructions for activating World_Random via Cheat Engine here? I kind-of forgot what to do.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”