Crash when trying to go into Creature Creator

Questions seeking answers can be found here, someone else may have had the same issue and might have a solution.
Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that mods you download that are created by Davo REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures and REQUIRE your game to be installed & patched in this order.
  • - Install Spore Game
  • - (OPTIONAL) Install Spore C&C
  • - Install Spore Galactic Adventures
  • - Patch Spore and Spore Galactic Adventures to 1.5.1
If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
bread
Cell
Cell

Crash when trying to go into Creature Creator

Unread post by bread »

I just got Dark Injection running (thanks for the help Rob!) and whenever I try to enter the creature creator, the screen goes black with loading, the music stops, and after maybe 15 seconds the game crashes with no error message. :di: is the only mod that I am using.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Crash when trying to go into Creature Creator

Unread post by rob55rod »

Let me guess...you didn't bother to uninstall Steam Spore before installing Origin Spore?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
bread
Cell
Cell

Unread post by bread »

I have Origin, but didn't get the game for it.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

bread wrote:I have Origin, but didn't get the game for it.
...I'm so sorry, I think I mixed your situation up with another user's.

In any case, would I be correct to suspect that whatever source (Steam/Origin/GOG/Disk) you currently use Spore through is not the only one you've used?

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
bread
Cell
Cell

Unread post by bread »

I tried to get the game via disk a very long while ago, but it never ran correctly for some reason.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

bread wrote:I tried to get the game via disk a very long while ago, but it never ran correctly for some reason.
...yeah, I think I may see what's wrong here now. While a workaround does exist, it shouldn't be needed. I've taken steps to address this issue properly in a future update. This may sound a bit odd, but...any chance you'd be willing to meet up on Discord and help me verify that my attempted mitigation works as intended?

bread
Cell
Cell

Unread post by bread »

Oh dang, okay. I can do that around 8:30 or so, currently in the middle of something where I can't quite get to my computer.
Any form of server or anything I should join to find ya?
EDIT: I'm gonna guess there are much easier ways to find each other on discord (I don't use it too often) so I'll just go with whatever is given pf.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

bread wrote:Oh dang, okay. I can do that around 8:30 or so, currently in the middle of something where I can't quite get to my computer.
Any form of server or anything I should join to find ya?
EDIT: I'm gonna guess there are much easier ways to find each other on discord (I don't use it too often) so I'll just go with whatever is given pf.
Just PM'd you the information.

WaterAddictedman
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by WaterAddictedman »

Any news because I got the same bug too but my origin spore won't work without my steam (prob cause I used a key for origin) and I also the mod launcher so I'm a bit lost
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

WaterAddictedman wrote:Any news
Yes, the problem has less to do with Dark Injection and more to do with the results of using the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit while having more than one version of the game installed simultaneously. (Never do that btw, regardless of mods)

WaterAddictedman wrote:because I got the same bug too but my origin spore won't work without my steam (prob cause I used a key for origin)
What do you mean it "won't work without your Steam"?

WaterAddictedman wrote:and I also the mod launcher so I'm a bit lost
You what the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit?

WaterAddictedman
Hatchling
Hatchling

If I uninstall spore on steam the one on origin breaks. Im also gonna uninstall a spore to see if it work
WaterAddictedman
Hatchling
Hatchling

It says the key is invalid I need spore steam so my license is valid but I can't uninstall spore on origin no matter how far down into the files I go my computer or something else refuses me to uninstall it. So now am I forever unable to play this mod?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

WaterAddictedman wrote:It says the key is invalid I need spore steam so my license is valid but I can't uninstall spore on origin no matter how far down into the files I go my computer or something else refuses me to uninstall it. So now am I forever unable to play this mod?
Actually, you can. Backup your save data, then uninstall both versions of the game via conventional means if possible. If not, proceed to the following:
apparently someone from EAxis wrote:To manually uninstall the game, please use a tool called REVO to completely uninstall the game.

You can download and install REVO by following the link below:
http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_fr ... nload.html

Once we download and install REVO go head and start up the program and follow the instructions below:
1. Right click on the [Spore] Icon, select the option to Uninstall
2. Once we select the Uninstall, go ahead and select the Advanced bubble and click Next
3. It will now uninstall [Spore] and then scan for left over Registry files
4. Make sure only to check the BOLD Registry Files and then select the option to Delete them
5. Click Next
6. It will now scan for left of files and when can press Select All and then press Delete to remove them
7. Click Next or Finish
(repeat the above for all Spore expansions)
8. We can now close out of the REVO program

If you no longer want REVO on your computer you can always uninstall it by following the instructions below:
1. Click on your Start Menu
2. Go to All Programs or Programs
3. Locate REVO Uninstaller
4. From REVO Uninstaller select Uninstall REVO Uninstaller
After that, reinstall ONLY the Origin version of the game.

WaterAddictedman
Hatchling
Hatchling

Thanks so much for helping it worked!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Help”