Space Stage crashing upon loading with DI installed

For all those problems people post here that aren't actually related to Dark Injection. No hard feelings - I'd rather risk a few misdiagnosis than miss out on real Dark Injection issues someone wasn't 100% sure about.
PelicaBird
Cell
Cell

Space Stage crashing upon loading with DI installed

Unread post by PelicaBird »

While loading the space stage from the home/galaxy, it eventually just crashes (Not Responding) even though I was able to begin this particular space stage game with DI earlier. How can I fix this?

fungus3
Sentient
Sentient

Re: Space Stage crashing upon loading with DI installed

Unread post by fungus3 »

I think the game just randomly crashes no matter what you do in the Space Stage with DI.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Pelica, when you say you were able to play this particular save with DI earlier, is this the same version of DI as you're using now? And if not, what version(s) of DI are we talking about here?
fungus3 wrote:I think the game just randomly crashes no matter what you do in the Space Stage with DI.
That's not helpful at all. Even if that were true - which I doubt - you're just going to drive people away before I even have a chance to diagnose and attempt to help resolve the problem. So please, stop.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
PelicaBird
Cell
Cell

Woah, it's been a while. Did not realize I don't get email updates from here. Sorry about that.

I can confirm that I was able to play space stage with DI, I just can't revisit the saved game without it crashing.
PelicaBird
Cell
Cell

This is what happens. It just freezes. https://imgur.com/a/9K9OCMA
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

PelicaBird wrote:Woah, it's been a while. Did not realize I don't get email updates from here. Sorry about that.

I can confirm that I was able to play space stage with DI, I just can't revisit the saved game without it crashing.
...try restarting your computer, and don't launch any other programs besides Spore once you login to Windows. If the save then works, great. If not, then...it may well be corrupted, which is nothing to do with Dark Injection and everything to do with Spore being the mess it is. Fingers crossed it'll work...

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
PelicaBird
Cell
Cell

It did not work, it froze again. I also tried starting a new Civ stage game, but that one froze the same way on the loading screen. I've not had this happen before DI, but also when I first downloaded DI I was able to start/load a new game just fine.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

PelicaBird wrote:It did not work, it froze again. I also tried starting a new Civ stage game, but that one froze the same way on the loading screen. I've not had this happen before DI, but also when I first downloaded DI I was able to start/load a new game just fine.
Then, unfortunately, I'd say it's likely that my save data corruption hypothesis is correct.

PelicaBird
Cell
Cell

What would you recommend to fix it?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

PelicaBird wrote:What would you recommend to fix it?
To...fix your save file? I'm not sure that's even possible...and if it is, I wouldn't have a clue of how...

PelicaBird
Cell
Cell

I'm not really concerned with my save files, I just want to be able to play the game again, as currently only adventures and creators work. Do you think uninstalling/reinstalling everything would restore it's ability to run a regular game?
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

PelicaBird wrote:I'm not really concerned with my save files, I just want to be able to play the game again, as currently only adventures and creators work. Do you think uninstalling/reinstalling everything would restore it's ability to run a regular game?
Doubtful, but generating new save data should.

PelicaBird
Cell
Cell

Generating a new save is the problem, too. I did reinstall everything, and tried to start a new game, but the same freezing happens.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

PelicaBird wrote:Generating a new save is the problem, too. I did reinstall everything, and tried to start a new game, but the same freezing happens.
...to clarify, I meant a new Galaxy entirely, not just a new game planet. Try uninstalling DI and then doing so. If Space Stage works, reinstall DI but disable all of its features and try again. If it still works, re-enable DI's features one at a time, trying again after each, until it fails. Let me know which causes it to fail, if any.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Misdiagnosis”