New sporepedia

Have an idea for how to make 9.r the best update since v1? Want to help make it all come to life? Let us know here!
Vaposhka
Cell
Cell

New sporepedia

Unread post by Vaposhka »

Well, it's a bit crazy idea, but still, considering that
1) EA can stop supporting Spore servers at any moment
2) creatures with DI parts can't be published (AFAIK, sorry if I've missed something)
3) the progress in reviving Darkspore itself showed that there is nothing impossible, maybe part of that experience can be used here
4) and finally the horrible "0 play" bug
Maybe it's time to start thinking about replacing Sporepedia with a custom version maintained not by EA that could fix all these problems (and restore some of the things we've lost since the early days). I know that it's very difficult, but the moment when the official spore servers die is inevitable and that could happen earlier that we would want.
Sorry if that sounded offensive :)

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: New sporepedia

Unread post by rob55rod »

While this has nothing to do with Dark Injection, it happens that someone is already working on something like this...
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Generic_Sporeling
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Generic_Sporeling »

rob55rod wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 pm While this has nothing to do with Dark Injection, it happens that someone is already working on something like this...
Who is working on it? And if you know could you please direct me to any posts regarding it, if there are any?
EDIT: p.s. I know i'm 2 years late to this, I just had some hope that this was still a thing.
Just your average spore user, I'm definitely not doing anything shady ;) . hehehe....
http://www.spore.com/view/myspore/DRkubester
Rosalie
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Rosalie »

Generic_Sporeling wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:09 am
rob55rod wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 pm While this has nothing to do with Dark Injection, it happens that someone is already working on something like this...
Who is working on it? And if you know could you please direct me to any posts regarding it, if there are any?
EDIT: p.s. I know i'm 2 years late to this, I just had some hope that this was still a thing.
I am, the source code is available here: https://github.com/Rosalie241/SporeServer

A lot of it is already functional (registration & login, sharing creations work, sporecasts, searching, having buddies, etc) but it's not done yet nor is it hosted anywhere yet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r suggestions, ideas, and contributions”