Console activation button

Have an idea for how to make 9.r the best update since v1? Want to help make it all come to life? Let us know here!
Vaposhka
Cell
Cell

Console activation button

Unread post by Vaposhka »

I have a small suggestion - to make a button activating the console, as I'm constantly forgetting the right key combination, so a small button would make it much easier

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Console activation button

Unread post by rob55rod »

...um...in what part(s) of the game, exactly? Editors, or...?

I'll be honest, I have my doubts that this is currently possible, but I'll hear you out in case I'm wrong.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vaposhka
Cell
Cell

I'm using it most of the time in the editors, so yes, creature and adventure editors... (but ideally everywhere, of course). I don't know anything about how to actually do that, but I thought that if it was possible to make the feedback button, this would be something similar.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

Vaposhka wrote:I'm using it most of the time in the editors, so yes, creature and adventure editors... (but ideally everywhere, of course).
...right
Vaposhka wrote:I don't know anything about how to actually do that, but I thought that if it was possible to make the feedback button, this would be something similar.
Being able to make a button do something when clicked has nothing to do with being able to programmatically open the cheat console.

I've thought about this some more, and...I don't mean to be rude/dismissive, but...honestly, I'm not particularly inclined to bother Emd with the necessary research to make this a possibility. It's a lot of work for him, especially for a feature which, if viewed objectively, is entirely reduntant. Dark Injection isn't a mod about fixing the base game, so I don't see why DI would suddenly do this one random thing which has nothing to do with any of its goals.

Best of luck memorizing that keyboard shortcut. A word of advice: use it as much as you can for a while. Link it with something you do every day. Eventually it'll become muscle memory, and then you won't have to think about it to be able to open the console.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Vaposhka
Cell
Cell

Oh, that's fine. If it requires some noticeable effort to do then it's probably not worth it)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “DI 9.r suggestions, ideas, and contributions”