Garry's Mod: Importing Spore Creatures as ragdolls

Talk about any and all games!
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Garry's Mod: Importing Spore Creatures as ragdolls

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

Garry's Mod is a separate game but it works on the Half-Life 2 Engine. Yeah, it's a mod by Garry, but it's a standalone game at this point. Just like Spore, its primary support is user content creation in the form of Workshop addons, from props to ragdolls to maps to entire game modes. There is probably something for everyone and it's a blast once you subscribe to several of these addons.

One thing you can do is create ragdolls for use. Generally, I like to pose them, the main use for ragdolls, but you can, I don't know, fling their bodies around or use other mods such as Gibmod to dismember/decapitate them, especially creatures you don't like (like some ugly Maxis creatures like Fishballgirl or Bigeye Sister).

There isn't much Spore-related things in Garry's Mod, but I eventually took advantage of the built-in Collada exporter in :patch1.5: and I set up my beloved creature thing as a working ragdoll.

Here's a pic of it. For those living under a rock: it's on the right.

I don't really take requests because it's fairly time-consuming to make ragdolls, even if I have access to the rig (but I'd like morphers and built-in animations too...; I had to make facial morphers from scratch). But if anyone's interested, I may or may not write a tutorial on how to get a Spore creature ragdoll to Garry's Mod, right from the creator editor to a fully-functioning ragdoll with facial flexes and finger-posing.

Also, I think someone else made a Grox prop for Garry's Mod, but I can make that into a working ragdoll! But if there is a way to export these creatures more efficiently and even allow us to export buildings, vehicles, and even Adventure props from Spore, it would be great!

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Garry's Mod: Importing Spore Creatures as ragdolls

Unread post by rob55rod »

There is certaintly a way to export creations which aren't creatures: SporeModder.

Also I discovered a while ago that my Spore TF2 Playermodels work as ragdolls in Gmod...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MWcttP36vA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSazuEHG27w[/youtube]
Also...it's called the Source Engine, not the Half-Life 3 engine :lol:
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
MarioBabyLuigi
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by MarioBabyLuigi »

Haha.

I thought SporeModder is still in development, so I'm still waiting on that. I do have the most fun making creatures, though. I'd like to export more of them and port them to Garry's Mod so I can do more crazy crap like have them interact with other video game characters or something. It brings them to life. :P
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Unread post by rob55rod »

MarioBabyLuigi wrote:I thought SporeModder is still in development, so I'm still waiting on that.
Uh...it is ._.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Enderjed
Creature
Creature

Unread post by Enderjed »

A Tutorial would be nice, and also maybe importing into SFM and not just GMOD?
I have a decently strong PC

JOIN my discord Server:https://discord.gg/rnRQSkR
(please, I only have 34 members, 7 of which are bots)
domen
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by domen »

Good one game as legend for me :srns:
domen
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by domen »

MarioBabyLuigi wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:14 pm Garry's Mod is a separate game but it works on the Half-Life 2 Engine. Yeah, it's a mod by Garry, but it's a standalone game at this point. Just like Spore, its primary support is user content creation in the form of Workshop addons, from props to ragdolls to maps to entire game modes. There is probably something for everyone and it's a blast once you subscribe to several of these addons.

One thing you can do is create ragdolls for use. Generally, I like to pose them, the main use for ragdolls, but you can, I don't know, fling their bodies around or use other mods such as Gibmod to dismember/decapitate them, especially creatures you don't like (like some ugly Maxis creatures like Fishballgirl or Bigeye Sister).

There isn't much Spore-related things in Garry's Mod, but I eventually took advantage of the built-in Collada exporter in :patch1.5: and I set up my beloved creature thing as a working ragdoll.

Here's a pic of it. For those living under a rock: it's on the right.

I don't really take requests because it's fairly time-consuming to make ragdolls, even if I have access to the rig (but I'd like morphers and built-in animations too...; I had to make facial morphers from scratch). But if anyone's interested, I may or may not write a tutorial on how to get a Spore creature ragdoll to Garry's Mod, right from the creator editor to a fully-functioning ragdoll with facial flexes and finger-posing.

Also, I think someone else made a Grox prop for Garry's Mod, but I can make that into a working ragdoll! But if there is a way to export these creatures more efficiently and even allow us to export buildings, vehicles, and even Adventure props from Spore, it would be great!
Embarking on the journey to create my own RPG gaming brand, I followed a meticulous guide https://www.heyday.net/blog/how-to-star ... rom-heyday that laid out the roadmap to success. I started by defining my brand’s mission, focusing on immersive storytelling and rich character development. With a clear vision, I designed a captivating logo and built an interactive website. Engaging with the community through forums and social media, I gathered feedback and fostered a dedicated player base. Strategic marketing and consistent content updates propelled my brand forward. Now, my RPG games are not just games; they’re adventures that players eagerly anticipate and cherish
agree. its a bit nostalgic game for olders
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Discussion”