UberCargo -- two more cargo upgrades

misterhaan
Hatchling
Hatchling

UberCargo -- two more cargo upgrades

Unread post by misterhaan »

i got sick enough of only being able to upgrade spaceship cargo to the large cargo upgrade of 25 slots, that i made my first mod! as you may know, holding a planet’s worth of flora and fauna takes up 18 slots, and spice of each color brings it up to 24, leaving only one slot for rares. i want more slots but the only existing mods i found give you more slots for free, which felt like cheating. there’s room for more cargo upgrades, so why not create them in a mod?

this mod continues the cargo upgrade sequence by adding a level 4 (Extreme) and level 5 (Uber) upgrade. their requirements continue in the line of cargo upgrades, so extreme requires large cargo and either collector 4 or merchant 5. uber requires extreme cargo and collector 5 (since there's no merchant 6, you have to get it from the collector badge). i took the existing cargo icons and replaced the numbers with the ones from the interstellar drive icons, so hopefully they look reasonable. extreme cargo base cost is 700,000 and uber is 1,000,000 which seemed like a reasonable continuation of the existing prices to me.

i tried it out with an existing space game and the extreme cargo was available for purchase right away. i bought it and got 5 more cargo slots and didn't have any problems. i don’t currently have a game with the collector 5 badge so couldn’t buy the uber cargo. if somebody could try that out for me i’d like to know if it works!

attached is a screenshot example of the spaceship abilities list and the mod itself.
my collections / spaceship abilities showing extreme cargo for sale and uber cargo still locked
my collections / spaceship abilities showing extreme cargo for sale and uber cargo still locked
uber-cargo-abilities.png (79.47 KiB) Viewed 9974 times
Attachments
au-UberCargo-v0.package
UberCargo mod v0
(76.65 KiB) Downloaded 2080 times

Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Re: UberCargo -- two more cargo upgrades

Unread post by Davo »

congrats dude thats a beauty. if the super worked then it stands to reason that the uber should operate correctly unless you messed it up
iskas
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by iskas »

Thx for the mod man.The only thing i don't agree with is the requirements for the uber upgrade...Collectors 5 it's gonna be a pin in the...well you now what :lol:
Pass from 60 items to 120 it´s kind of complicated.For what i see long before people get collectors at five they'll give up spore :?
Thx anyway,at least i could get the first of it.

cheers :mrgreen:
misterhaan
Hatchling
Hatchling

i didn't really like the collector 5 requirement either. even after all this time i still never got that badge. of course i haven't played spore in a long time either...
lmandeville
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by lmandeville »

Thanks for the mod. I have literally been looking for a mod like this for days as I play with mods that add a lot more spice and it was difficult to collect spice and keep enough plants and animals around to make T3's. I ended up giving up and only carried enough plants and animals to make T2's. I'm so excited that I can play with T3's again. Collector five is gonna be rough going but I'm up for the challenge. Nobody is better at wasting their life away at video games than me. Lol. Thanks again. I'm gonna stop typing now cuz I'm excited to play now.
misterhaan
Hatchling
Hatchling

wow awesome, glad to see this getting some use a few years later
florentinenoble
Tribal
Tribal

Unread post by florentinenoble »

This is sweet, dude. Gonna download it when I have the time. :3
[img]http://www.davoonline.com/
sporemodder/rob55rod/DI_9r/
DI9r_subforum_emblem.png[/img]
TheEsvetian
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by TheEsvetian »

I am trying to use this with the Origin version of Spore, and it does not seem to work. I have all expansions and several other mods (Every mod has little to no affect on Space Tools). I'd love to use this mod, as I have the Simply Spice mod, which adds a lot more spice that needs to be carried in the cargo. With the more recent versions of Spore, I believe that this mod has somehow broken.
misterhaan
Hatchling
Hatchling

TheEsvetian wrote:I believe that this mod has somehow broken.
entirely possible. haven’t played spore in years, don’t remember the package file format, and no longer have any part of this mod other than the package file. if someone is able to modify that package file and make it compatible with the latest version they’re welcome to do so and share it (preferably here)!
Ivy
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Ivy »

Unpacking the mod gives an error in the latest version of SporeModderFX, so I'm not even sure how one would go about trying to update its compatibility sadly. Dunno which tool was used in 2010 back when this was made.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “» Stage - Space”