Pirate archtype (and maybe more?)

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Tokoshoran
Creature
Creature

Pirate archtype (and maybe more?)

Unread post by Tokoshoran »

Even if you would have to do missions from other empires, I think there are some other archtypes that should be added.

Such as the Pirate archtype, with the super-weapon "Database Jammer" which temporarily makes it so that anything you do has no effect on relations with the empire--just the planet while you're on it (ie if you accidentally shoot a building, the empire won't be mad at you, but the town starts shooting at you)

Would it be possible to add other archtypes in? (Also, if anybody has other ideas for archtypes go ahead and post them)

Tokoshoran
Creature
Creature

Re: Pirate archtype (and maybe more?)

Nobody?
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

I dont know about adding them in, but it is possible to change them. I would assume it would be possible, though. I made a replacement archetype of "elementalist" instead of knight. the superweapon... I'm not good w/ space tools. I don't really have anything to say about the superweapon. but yes, it is possible to change archetypes (background, description, name, ect) I just dont know about adding them in.
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Tokoshoran
Creature
Creature

camben wrote:I dont know about adding them in, but it is possible to change them. I would assume it would be possible, though. I made a replacement archetype of "elementalist" instead of knight. the superweapon... I'm not good w/ space tools. I don't really have anything to say about the superweapon. but yes, it is possible to change archetypes (background, description, name, ect) I just dont know about adding them in.
I remember reading about mods that added in archetypes a year or two ago, long before I even had the game. They were even made to be obtainable through unique card orders (especially ones where you could start at a later stage, starting at an earlier one would apparently let you get the unique archetype).

If I remembered where I'd read that I'd find the link and show it to you, so you could take a look and see how it's done.

However, I'm guessing you just have to add in a line for a few sections on certain files, and make a new one for the archetype.
Kaos
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by Kaos »

Tokoshoran wrote:
camben wrote:I dont know about adding them in, but it is possible to change them. I would assume it would be possible, though. I made a replacement archetype of "elementalist" instead of knight. the superweapon... I'm not good w/ space tools. I don't really have anything to say about the superweapon. but yes, it is possible to change archetypes (background, description, name, ect) I just dont know about adding them in.
I remember reading about mods that added in archetypes a year or two ago, long before I even had the game. They were even made to be obtainable through unique card orders (especially ones where you could start at a later stage, starting at an earlier one would apparently let you get the unique archetype).

If I remembered where I'd read that I'd find the link and show it to you, so you could take a look and see how it's done.

However, I'm guessing you just have to add in a line for a few sections on certain files, and make a new one for the archetype.
Hmm, that's interesting. The only added archetype mods that I know of simply change an archetype, and don't add new ones. Perhaps you were thinking of a discussion, or perhaps that was one of the many things lost when SporeMods/Sporedum went down.
Tokoshoran
Creature
Creature

Kaos wrote: Hmm, that's interesting. The only added archetype mods that I know of simply change an archetype, and don't add new ones. Perhaps you were thinking of a discussion, or perhaps that was one of the many things lost when SporeMods/Sporedum went down.
I really wish somebody else would take up the testing here, I procrastinate too much.

I'll try and take the time to continue looking into if it's possible to add an entirely new archetype, but like I always say, don't expect any results soon.
Davo
The Boss
The Boss

Unread post by Davo »

Tokoshoran wrote:
Kaos wrote: Hmm, that's interesting. The only added archetype mods that I know of simply change an archetype, and don't add new ones. Perhaps you were thinking of a discussion, or perhaps that was one of the many things lost when SporeMods/Sporedum went down.
I really wish somebody else would take up the testing here, I procrastinate too much.

I'll try and take the time to continue looking into if it's possible to add an entirely new archetype, but like I always say, don't expect any results soon.
And you think we dont...
I dont always post because i may get it right one day.
grandrice
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by grandrice »

Another archetype idea

If it is possible to make an archetype be obtained by killing an empire, i want a substitute grox arcetype. If you kill their empire, you get to take there place. This should be a choice choosing to get this archetype should get you -10000000 (if you want, it could be a number less overboard) with every empire and you are not allowed to ally with anyone. the only way to change your archetype is to use the setconsequence cheat and when you do that, the negative relationship thing goes away.
Last edited by grandrice on Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New and Awesome Space tools Mod: Adds incredibly powerful tools to the space game: viewtopic.php?f=123&t=5589&p=24221#p24221
Tokoshoran
Creature
Creature

Except the Grox aren't hated, they're just feared. They were very powerful, but didn't go out and obliterate entire races. What they did was go out, clear out a planet, and prepare it to sustain their ever growing number.

What it should be is that if your empire doesn't keep growing, you'll start to face disasters, which can't be solved other than conquering new planets... Even if it's just by finding an unclaimed system and putting a colony on it. This would force players to expand to prevent a shrinking empire, done most effectively by conquering alien empires.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”