Undead creatures + gore, etc

Post your mod ideas here. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, but feel free to discuss.
Forum rules
Please keep in mind that if your request is not granted immediately, that doesn't mean it never will be. Sooner or later, someone may well pop in and try to make it happen. Patience is a virtue. Just...don't go around begging and annoying people over it.
Additionally, be aware that while the Spore ModAPI has empowered mod developers like never before, our ability to add "new" functionality still has its limits, so if there's nothing in Spore that can already do it, we may not be able to either. Nothing is lost in asking, but don't get your hopes up, especially not for anything really big.
Oneman-Onegun
Tribal
Tribal

Undead creatures + gore, etc

Unread post by Oneman-Onegun »

Im thinking of a new mod that someone should make and it will be:

Creatures that have 50+ health can come back to life with twice the power but half the health.
New attack: Brain eat - Bite the target's head off and blood goes everywhere.
New social: Brain take - pick up the enemies brain out of their head, making them an ally.
Unlimited flight: Creature glide unlimited flaps + super high flying

GA Changes:

New terraform page: Caves - rocky, smooth, small, wet, icy, undead, living, skull and flame
New editor: Fixed object editor - Let's you edit and make fixed objects with tabs named below..
Materials
Age tabs: creature, tribe, civie and space. (note: already made objects should be references.)
Bone tab: ribs, legs, dust, muscle, head and spine (note: the already made bones should be references.)
New ability: Eat food in adventures.

Hmm...
I feel like killing you...
MinionJoe
Tribal
Tribal

Re: Undead creatures + gore, etc

Unread post by MinionJoe »

Creating a new editor would require editing the Spore executable files. Doing so is illegal. That's why it's called "hacking". You're better off making your request to Maxis, since they are the only one's legally allowed to make changes to the programming in Spore.

But I wouldn't hold your breath.

No mod on this site does anything to change the executable programs within Spore. All mods do are adjust the data files and tweak the parameters that the program uses to run the game. You cannot create brand-new functionality with a mod unless that functionality is already buried somewhere in the game (sa the floral editor).

To my knowledge, no one has found "gore" and "brain eating" hidden away in the Spore code. The fact that decompiling the code to search for it is ALSO illegal probably hasn't helped the search any...
Oneman-Onegun
Tribal
Tribal

MinionJoe wrote:Creating a new editor would require editing the Spore executable files. Doing so is illegal. That's why it's called "hacking". You're better off making your request to Maxis, since they are the only one's legally allowed to make changes to the programming in Spore.

But I wouldn't hold your breath.

No mod on this site does anything to change the executable programs within Spore. All mods do are adjust the data files and tweak the parameters that the program uses to run the game. You cannot create brand-new functionality with a mod unless that functionality is already buried somewhere in the game (sa the floral editor).

To my knowledge, no one has found "gore" and "brain eating" hidden away in the Spore code. The fact that decompiling the code to search for it is ALSO illegal probably hasn't helped the search any...
Well I mean like replacing the pose and strike with brain take and brain eat.
And well the editor I mean like adding more to the Building editor.
Hmm...
kalen123312
Creature
Creature

Unread post by kalen123312 »

have you tryed gorespore?
Oneman-Onegun
Tribal
Tribal

kalen123312 wrote:have you tryed gorespore?
GoreSpore? I haven't heard of it. I'll look into it soon enough.
Hmm...
antl0
Creature
Creature

Unread post by antl0 »

It is .package File?
p.d
Civilian
Civilian

Unread post by p.d »

Part of it is a package file that changes the GUI and editor backgrounds. But there's also a .tpf file that works with the game editor texmod to grange the effects to include more blood.

Learn more about it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBWE9ATp3kQ
Vallachan
Sentient
Sentient

Unread post by Vallachan »

coming back to life, very hard to do using the limits spore has. brain eat, that would require changing the model of the targeted creature and adding in a new animation which is currently impossible.

terraforming caves, impossible. spore's code automaticly stretches the surrounding terrain to match the new height. even if you did make it hollow or make it not stretch, you would see right through the planet.

fixed object editor: very possible. I would personally have it based off the plant editor, but have it save as a creature so it would not get discolored, as new building parts do or unusable like plants do.

age tabs, easy!
bone tab, easy! :lol:
I would also put in some other things like building details and plant parts (since it would be based off a plant editor) :)
Spore is creative, even the mods and hacks.
Or, should I say, especially the mods and hacks?

Now currently making content for the Life is Strange and Portal communities. Check me out on YouTube
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Ideas”