Strange crashes in editor

Found a bug in a 9.r beta? Let us know here, so we can fix it.
Forum rules
1. Please post only ONE bug per THREAD. If you have multiple bugs to report, create a thread FOR EACH BUG.

2. Please NAME your THREADS as DESCRIPTIVELY as possible.

3. Please DO NOT CREATE report threads for bugs which have already been reported. This produces REDUNDANT BUG REPORTS, which slows down development by making it harder for me to read, reports and fix the bugs mentioned within them. This also applies for bugs which have been fixed and moved accordingly, so CHECK the FIXED BUGS subforum BEFORE POSTING. Previously-submitted bug reports can be found here: viewforum.php?f=174
AsperDisaster
Poster of the New User Apocalypse

Strange crashes in editor

Unread postby AsperDisaster » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm

So I just installed Dark Injections yesterday and I've been having this issue. It's crashed in the creature creator two times.

The first time I had everything installed and was just creating a base for something more complex. It just had two limbs and a head. I was just adding my first detail part on when I noticed that the shoulders of the creature were out of alignment even though symmetry was on. The game crashed immediately after and froze my computer.

So I found this thread and took the advice of disabling all of the features while still leaving DI installed. Went into the creature creator and hadn't even set up the arms before it crashed again. I did not notice anything out of alignment this time however the camera angle was not the best.

I'm using the Steam version of Spore and the only mods I have installed are DI and the force save.

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support
Sergeant Major of the Davo Army

Re: Strange crashes in editor

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:51 pm

Moved your post to its own thread, since it doesn't sound like the same problem as the one in that other thread.

Aaaanywaves...

AsperDisaster wrote:The first time I had everything installed and was just creating a base for something more complex. It just had two limbs and a head. I was just adding my first detail part on when I noticed that the shoulders of the creature were out of alignment even though symmetry was on. The game crashed immediately after and froze my computer.

What exactly lead you to believe that your computer as a whole had frozen?

AsperDisaster wrote:So I found this thread and took the advice of disabling all of the features while still leaving DI installed. Went into the creature creator and hadn't even set up the arms before it crashed again. I did not notice anything out of alignment this time however the camera angle was not the best.

...strange. Here's a thought: Uninstall Dark Injection entirely, and then reinstall it. If that doesn't help, uninstall it, delete the downloaded copy of the .sporemod file you installed it from, and then download a fresh copy of Dark Injection, wait until the download says it's finished (not 100%, actually completed), and then install that.

AsperDisaster wrote:I'm using the Steam version of Spore

That's probably not the best idea, though I doubt it's of any relevance here.

AsperDisaster wrote:the only mods I have installed are DI and the force save.

If that's so, then you don't need Force Save - the current public build of DI has Force Save built in, while future releases will neither require nor include it, if all goes according to plan.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

AsperDisaster

Unread postby AsperDisaster » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:01 pm

I think it was the extra force save, I've been playing for a while now and it hasn't crashed. Thank you!

rob55rod
Tech Support
Tech Support

Unread postby rob55rod » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:04 pm

AsperDisaster wrote:I think it was the extra force save, I've been playing for a while now and it hasn't crashed. Thank you!

...that doesn't even make any sense. Then again, when does this game ever make any sense?

In any case, glad to hear the problem is solved or something now.
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.

Return to “DI 9.r Bug Reports”