Spore ModAPI

Download tools and get the latest patches.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Spore ModAPI

Unread post by rob55rod »

ALEX007 wrote:I downloaded the Repack SPORE COLLECTION...
Go buy the game, then we'll talk. Also don't buy it on Steam if you want anything to actually work.

Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by »

how can i uninstall this ModApi
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

zé wrote:how can i uninstall this ModApi
1. Why?
2. Uninstall all of the mods you've installed through it

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Mysfern
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Mysfern »

rob55rod wrote:
Mysfern wrote:
Mysfern wrote:Having the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit installed isn't enough. You have to actually run the Spore ModAPI Launcher instead of opening the game directly.
I already tried it and showed the same message.
...where did you install Spore from? Origin? Steam? GOG? Disks?
Is pirate, for IGG.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Mysfern wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Mysfern wrote: I already tried it and showed the same message.
...where did you install Spore from? Origin? Steam? GOG? Disks?
Is pirate, for IGG.
Once again, go buy the game, then we'll talk.

Arkhalis1103
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Arkhalis1103 »

ALEX007
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by ALEX007 »

rob55rod wrote:
Go buy the game, then we'll talk. Also don't buy it on Steam if you want anything to actually work.
Sorry to bother you, you're saying it's better not to buy the game on Steam... I don't know any other places to buy our game.... Could you advise where to buy it???
Last edited by ALEX007 on Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Arkhalis1103 wrote:https://imgur.com/e1iEXRP
what do?
Use a legal non-Steam version of Spore. Transferring to Origin is free, if that helps. Be sure to backup your creations and save data and uninstall your Steam version of Spore before installing another version.

ALEX007 wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Sorry to bother you, you're saying it's better not to buy the game on Steam... I don't know any other places to buy our game.... Could you advise where to buy it???
https://www.gog.com/game/spore_collection

Be sure to backup your creations and save data and uninstall your illegally-obtained version of Spore before installing another version.

JuliusCaesar69
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by JuliusCaesar69 »

Back like six months ago, when I first downloaded and installed dark injections, I was able to use my steam copy of spore, and it worked. Now, It gives me the message "please use spore mod launcher" (paraphrased). And I can't do anything. How do I fix this?
Darhagonable
Admin
Admin

Unread post by Darhagonable »

JuliusCaesar69 wrote:Back like six months ago, when I first downloaded and installed dark injections, I was able to use my steam copy of spore, and it worked. Now, It gives me the message "please use spore mod launcher" (paraphrased). And I can't do anything. How do I fix this?
It means you need to launch the game using the Spore ModAPI launcher instead of from steam. The reason being Dark injection's newer versions uses ModAPI to do some stuff so the it can't work without it.
kungfumado
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by kungfumado »

I have a problem: Spore ModAPI is not working for me at all. I have the Steam Spore version and it's fully updated. Once I install everything, I try "run as administrator" and a message pops up telling me "runtime error". While writing this, I managed to get it to work by deleting every single one of my mods. I tried again, and installed the enhanced colour picker. I tried opening Spore GA with the launcher, "runtime error". Any solutions?
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

kungfumado wrote:I have a problem: Spore ModAPI is not working for me at all. I have the Steam Spore version and it's fully updated. Once I install everything, I try "run as administrator" and a message pops up telling me "runtime error". While writing this, I managed to get it to work by deleting every single one of my mods. I tried again, and installed the enhanced colour picker. I tried opening Spore GA with the launcher, "runtime error". Any solutions?
Just launching the ModAPI launcher again after the runtime error should work.
Also, NEVER run the ModAPI Launcher as an administrator.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
MS24
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by MS24 »

If I try to use :di: all animations in game break. I have the game on discs, without steam or origin, and I get the same errors when trying to launch it as some people already mentioned (the 3 part message error and/or the splitwirez one, seems to change randomly, without using admin mode). I had to reinstall GA to fix the animations error. Tried it 3 times with the same result. ModAPI bat files and the .exe 's on their own break my ingame animations so I currently can't use it. I have :patch1.5: without :rp:
SHADIA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SHADIA »

https://gyazo.com/51e931f049f71b92b6806d653e379117

I'm getting this error whenever I launch the ModAPI. I can access the game, but it's constantly telling me that I need to launch the game via ModAPI launcher, even though I'm doing exactly that. Help!
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

SHADIA wrote:https://gyazo.com/51e931f049f71b92b6806d653e379117

I'm getting this error whenever I launch the ModAPI. I can access the game, but it's constantly telling me that I need to launch the game via ModAPI launcher, even though I'm doing exactly that. Help!
I take it you're using the Steam version of Spore?

SHADIA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SHADIA »

rob55rod wrote:
SHADIA wrote:https://gyazo.com/51e931f049f71b92b6806d653e379117

I take it you're using the Steam version of Spore?
I am, and Origin said the Core Spore and C&C product codes have already been redeemed.

Some new developments have come since my first post, though. Eventually I got everything to work fine by deleting the Spore registry files and then reinstalling everything. It worked with Dark Injection until I started getting other mods (Enhanced Color Picker, Spore Stacker, UPR, Infinite Scaling, Adventure Props, Strange & Beautiful, Sneky Galaxy/Effects/Graphics, and Reshade) and applied paranoid_modder's graphical improvement guide. After that I got the exact same error as before, but now the game won't even launch.
vanillacold

Unread post by vanillacold »

SHADIA wrote: I am, and Origin said the Core Spore and C&C product codes have already been redeemed.
Contact EA Support.
They helped many others with the same problem.
Hello there! I'm a random guy who sometimes does *slightly* smart stuff. I do a lot of random Spore shenanigans, too.

Feel free to build off my open-source mods, but please don't add them to modpacks; it could cause compatability issues.
Milt0nn
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Milt0nn »

Recently I got some problems running Spore with ModAPI Launcher
I know I'm using Steam version Spore, but it used to be totally fine
so i don't know what's the problem
Here are all the message boxes that popepd up (In the exact order)
SHADIA
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by SHADIA »

VanillaCold wrote: Contact EA Support.
They helped many others with the same problem.
They have yet to respond to anything. I managed to narrow down the causes of the problem and found out that ReShade was the perpetrator. I don't know what to delete, though. These are all of the error windows that pop up, in order:

https://gyazo.com/caab9ce6502438bf9b90b679a2833526
https://gyazo.com/dc1dc6b52297a9cdd86b55170f72d433
https://gyazo.com/2abe9eb40d62168bb966289281bba55c

One of them comes before all the others, but I can't seem to focus it in Gyazo. It reads:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

Looks pretty similar to the guy above.
Wandering_Mania
Hatchling
Hatchling

Unread post by Wandering_Mania »

Spoiler
kusos123 wrote:Recently I got some problems running Spore with ModAPI Launcher
I know I'm using Steam version Spore, but it used to be totally fine
so i don't know what's the problem
Here are all the message boxes that popepd up (In the exact order)
I get this same thing but with a NativeErrorCode: 5: Failed to create remote thread.
It worked fine less than 24hours ago (for me). But I attempt to boot it this morning and nothing more than a spam of this. I tried the same process that I did right before it worked. And still this spam of errors comes up. If I boot it as admin, like I did when it worked, I get the spammed error. If I boot it without admin, I sill get the last 2 errors, but the game boots just to kick me out via the "you did not launch the game with the API" non-sense that DI gives.

On top of that: With no mods installed (all I have is Darkspore Injection) it will never boot at all with the same spammed error set.

Edit: Is there even any point to reporting this stuff any more? And if any one actually helps, which I doubt, as it seems no one is paying attention to this any more, here is a few answers to some basic questions.
Yes I have a Steam version. No, I'm not going to switch it over to an Origin install, if you can't program the thing to work with every legal version then that is on you. I have both expansion packs. And I'm running Win10. The thing randomly works. Right after I originally posted this it worked again. But after I closed out the game we where back to the same old spam of errors.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Tools & Patches”