Can't launch the game whatsoever

Forum rules
BEFORE YOU POST...

Remember that all mods available here REQUIRE Spore: Galactic Adventures AND patch 5.1. Patch 6\Bot Parts does NOT include Patch 5.1! (Some may work on other setups, but this is recommended)

Can't get a mod to work? Feel free to ask for help, there's always someone around to help out. Just make sure to include the following information:
a) Did you install Spore from Steam, Origin, or a Disk?
b) Is your game patched to the latest version?
c) Do you have Galactic Adventures?
d) If so, is it also patched to the latest version?
e) Where did you install the mod to?
f) What is the file's current name in the folder you installed it to?
This information is needed for us to help you!
Prolux
Cell
Cell

Can't launch the game whatsoever

Unread post by Prolux »

Don't know why i can't launch it, i have re-installed the game and mod multiple times. Please help! :)

[img]https://gyazo.com/72e73d2555ad10b91dec5ebd1cf3a90b[img]

Here is all the messages that i get when i launch it.

rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Re: Can't launch the game whatsoever

Unread post by rob55rod »

Moved to Mod Help, as this doesn't pertain specifically to Dark Injection.

Anywaves...so, where did you install Spore from? Steam, I presume?
And is that Windows 8.0 or Windows 8.1 you're using?
Having trouble with the Spore ModAPI Launcher Kit? Get help here!

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

Moved to Mod Help, as this doesn't pertain specifically to Dark Injection.

On steam and yes, Windows 8.1
Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

rob55rod wrote:Moved to Mod Help, as this doesn't pertain specifically to Dark Injection.

Didn't do it correctly before... But yes, I'm installed with Steam and am running Windows 8.1
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Prolux wrote:
rob55rod wrote:Moved to Mod Help, as this doesn't pertain specifically to Dark Injection.

Didn't do it correctly before... But yes, I'm installed with Steam and am running Windows 8.1
Alright, try installing these in the order they are listed:
1. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=47596
2. https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=30653
3. https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=40773
4. https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/downloa ... x?id=42643
Let me know what comes of that, if anything.

If you're reading this, you have my permission to build off of my mods as long as I am credited. Please don't mirror my work unaltered, unless I no longer provide a working download.
Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

rob55rod wrote:
Prolux wrote:

Downloaded them all and got told everything was up to date and already installed...
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Prolux wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Prolux wrote:
Downloaded them all and got told everything was up to date and already installed...
...all four said that?

Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

rob55rod wrote:
Prolux wrote:
...all four said that?
All except the Windows 8.1 update
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Prolux wrote:
rob55rod wrote:
Prolux wrote:
...all four said that?
...aaaand...any change after installing that and restarting?

Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

rob55rod wrote:
Prolux wrote:
rob55rod wrote: ...all four said that?
...aaaand...any change after installing that and restarting?
Unfortunately No.
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Prolux wrote:Unfortunately No.
Hmmm...

Sorry about the confusion, by the way. It happens I encountered another Steam Spore user the other day, who was affected by what looks to be the same problem that you're having (though it's hard to say for sure - there were some discrepancies, but I don't know if they're actually relevant). That was the first and only time I'd encountered this particular error, so while I was able to help resolve it for that user, I'm still not exactly certain as to which of the things we did were actually needed to resolve the problem.

I'd had that user migrate to the Origin version of Spore. Perhaps you should do so as well. Redeem your Steam keys on Origin, then backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, and install Origin Spore in its place. Let me know if you need a hand with any of that. I'm sorry to make this such a hassle for you, but unfortunately I just...don't know of a better way...

Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

rob55rod wrote:
Hmmm...

Sorry about the confusion, by the way. It happens I encountered another Steam Spore user the other day, who was affected by what looks to be the same problem that you're having (though it's hard to say for sure - there were some discrepancies, but I don't know if they're actually relevant). That was the first and only time I'd encountered this particular error, so while I was able to help resolve it for that user, I'm still not exactly certain as to which of the things we did were actually needed to resolve the problem.

I'd had that user migrate to the Origin version of Spore. Perhaps you should do so as well. Redeem your Steam keys on Origin, then backup your creations and save data, uninstall Steam Spore, and install Origin Spore in its place. Let me know if you need a hand with any of that. I'm sorry to make this such a hassle for you, but unfortunately I just...don't know of a better way...
It's cool man, there is always bound to be some strange issues with many things. Thank you for helping me out. I'll install spore on origin later today and see if it works, i'll post here again whether it does or not.
Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

rob55rod wrote:
Hmmm...

Installed it on Origin, though i didn't bother to make backups... Launched it and it works fine, somehow still had all my data and creatures and whatnot... Guess steam doesn't like something to do with the mod. Anyways, thank you very much for the help! :)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Prolux wrote:Installed it on Origin, though i didn't bother to make backups... Launched it and it works fine, Guess steam doesn't like something to do with the mod. Anyways, thank you very much for the help! :)
Excellent, no problem. Sorry for all the trouble.
Prolux wrote:somehow still had all my data and creatures and whatnot...
...well yeah, they're not guaranteed to be wiped, but I wouldn't trust Spore's uninstaller to leave them untouched even when told to do so if I were you. Consider yourself lucky.

Prolux
Cell
Cell

Unread post by Prolux »

rob55rod wrote:
Prolux wrote:Installed it on Origin, though i didn't bother to make backups... Launched it and it works fine, Guess steam doesn't like something to do with the mod. Anyways, thank you very much for the help! :)
Excellent, no problem. Sorry for all the trouble.
Prolux wrote:somehow still had all my data and creatures and whatnot...
...well yeah, they're not guaranteed to be wiped, but I wouldn't trust Spore's uninstaller to leave them untouched even when told to do so if I were you. Consider yourself lucky.
Don't believe i used Spore's uninstaller... Just deleted them from steam. And i didn't mind if it went either way, i planned on starting completely fresh anyway. :)
rob55rod
Admin
Admin

Prolux wrote:Don't believe i used Spore's uninstaller... Just deleted them from steam.
...sorry, Steam's uninstaller. My bad.
Prolux wrote:And i didn't mind if it went either way, i planned on starting completely fresh anyway. :)
Oh okay. Anywaves, enjoy.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Mod Help”